Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 2.63 Average
Help Zee TV launches new show Chhoti Si Zindagi
Mumbai: Viewers, get set for a new show from India's leading entertainment channel, Zee TV! Be prepared to lose your hearts this summer to two extremely adorable little girls who're about to enter your lives! Premiering on Monday, 4th April at 7 PM, 'Chhoti Si Zindagi' is a touching tale about Isha and Ira whose innocence, sweetness, sense of mischief and zest for life are bound to tug at your heart strings and make you want to pick them up and give them all the love they don't get! Yes, the lovable girls must find their own in a world where they have no one to call their own!

Produced by J.D. Majethia of Hats Off Production, Zee TV's latest primetime offering follows the lives of Isha and Ira as destiny lands them in an orphanage despite having a parent. This life-altering moment gets Isha and Ira to develop an extremely close bond. They share an amazing adventure of hope, faith and caring.

Speaking of the show, Mr. Sukesh Motwani, Head- Programming, Zee TV said, "Chhoti Si Zindagi is a story bound to strike an emotional chord with you, whether you're a mother, father or just someone who loves children. The story is told from the perspective of Isha and Ira, two little girls learning the ropes of survival in the big, bad world. We are extremely confident that the viewers will fall in love with Isha and Ira and participate in their joys and sorrow."

With the lives of orphan children at the very heart of Chhoti si Zindagi, Zee TV endeavors to bring a smile to the faces of under-privileged and orphan children supported by Smile Foundation, an NGO that works relentlessly towards giving them a quality life. The channel has announced its support towards financing the educational needs of 100 children for a year.

Speaking of the initiative, Mr. Akash Chawla, Marketing Head- Zee TV said, "Earlier this month, we pledged our commitment towards the cause of women's empowerment and upliftment of society through Project Protsahan. Our association with Smile Foundation is a part of this mission. Apart from supporting the educational needs of their children, we intend to work closely with Smile Foundation and reach out to more and more such deserving beneficiaries."

"Smile Foundation believes that mass media has a key role in sensitizing citizens towards taking a more proactive role in empowering the underprivileged sections of society. ZEE TV has always been known as one of the most socially conscious and responsible media houses in India. We are glad to be associated with ZEE TV for this campaign and thank the channel for encouraging our children," said Mr. H. N. Sahay, Director Operations, Smile Foundation.

The show has been extensively shot in picture-perfect snow-capped peaks of Pahelgaum and Kasauli and has several interesting faces in the cast. While the role of elder sister Isha will be played by Richa Mukherjee, noted for her convincing portrayal of Laali's younger sister Rekha in 'Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo', the young Ira is played by Shruti Bhist, an adorable and innocent fresh face on the television circuit. Playing the father fraught with severe adversity, yet putting on a smiling face for his girls is the well-recognized film and television actor Pavan Malhotra. Veteran baddie Sushmita Mukherjee with her inimitable serpent-like vicious quality has been cast as the diabolical Devki, the much-dreaded matron of the orphanage. Her right-hand and accomplice in all her misdoings at the orphanage is her brother Bhola played by Sachal Tyagi.

Speaking about his role in the show, Pavan Malhotra said, "It's always exciting to play roles with layers, rather than characters that are open and shut cases of 'good' or 'bad'. My character Shyam has a very interesting graph in the show - at different points of time, the audience will feel very differently about him. To be able to play such a part convincingly is a challenge and I am looking forward to it!"

Expressing excitement about her new assignment, Sushmita Mukherjee said, "It did not come as a surprise to me when Zee approached me for the role of a wicked orphanage matron. After all, playing villainous, ferocious, negative characters has always been my forte. All I want to warn my audience is to hold your breath as you wait for the diabolical Devki."

So, what does your heart say about two little girls whose father leaves them one day at an orphanage? What could possibly have prompted a man who immensely loves his daughters to take such a drastic step? To find out, stay tuned to 'Chhoti Si Zindagi' every Monday to Friday at 7 PM only on Zee TV.
Thanks given by: