Sponsors

Thread Rating:
  • 176 Votes - 2.82 Average
Sun Direct different Set-Top Box User Manuals
10-21-2010, 09:50 PM
RE: Sun Direct different Set-Top Box User Manuals
how to change from insat 4e to the new satelite in sun direct ditital satelite mpeg 4 receiver OFS1700CIR i am not able to change the satelite settings can any one provide me the manual of it
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Sponsors
10-22-2010, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2010 09:03 PM by mrcjnraj.)
Finally I found solution for OFS 1700CIR set top box of Sun direct.
These steps is for those who having ofs 1700CIR set top box with out green button enabled.
If any one know how to get green button please inform me.

1. first keep dish in existing insat 4B position i.e 93.5deg.
2. make set top box to factory settings.
3. While set to factory settings, it will prompt to press red button for search. press it.
You will get old channels.(You can update software , but for me its failed so the following steps)
4. Now go to Menu->channel search-> then confirm that Network search is on. if not then change to on, LNB frequency as 9750/10700 , search type auto, and then press red button to initiate search.. the settings will be saved.
5. Search for channels. then save.
6. you can see symbol rates 30000 and some transponders/ settings are added after doing above steps.(if not added then set lnb frequency as 9750/10600 and try)
7. Allign the dish to new satellite measat positon.
8. Go to channel search , set lnb to 9750/10700.
9. Search by pressing red button.
10. when search is over new channels are added . go to channel 984 to see the new satellite promotional channel.
11. for normal coship, and other set top boxes the software will upgrade automatically. but for this ofs 1700cir box. it won't presently.
12. You can see sun channels also in channel number with four digits, 1001 and so.
13. check channel 556, if you are getting NDTV if yes every thing is fine. some times the channel number may vary, in such case check symbol rate 30000, for new satellite sun dth channel. if you are receiving then every thing is fine. you should wait for some time ,may be months, so that your set top box to updates software. till you can enjoy all channels, including ten sports for free.
sorry for my english.

Please note Reliance BIG DTH may overlap some channels and you will get that for free. But the channels from 12316 is not received by me.(Presently I have changed the lnb position and receiving all channels).

[/color]
Thank given by venkatesh06g, prabhukr89
10-23-2010, 08:07 AM
The main problem of OFS1700CIR is not able to change frequency settings , so not possible to set to new frequency. upgrade software from its previous insat 4b position is always failed.
If set to factory defaults using pins 0000, 0937(reset), , its also not possible to change . if reset to factory defaults then in insat 4b positon its scanning channels, if in me sat position no channels are detected.
It should have solutions. so reply with solutions.
10-25-2010, 12:52 AM
Hi ,

I am tried up to 9th point..But i cant go after that its means i didt find any channels when i change measat..I am also ofs 1700CIR MODEL.but i found 30000 transponder...Now i will keep Measat until i get the reply from u ...can you reply me urgently...Thanks ./././././.Venkatesh/././././.
10-25-2010, 02:20 AM
(10-25-2010 12:52 AM)venkatesh06g Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Hi ,

I am tried up to 9th point..

You will get channels in different frequencies. try LNB frequency range as 9750/10600 and scan. definitely you will get channels. if you did factory default in new position then there will be no channels added . so in previous insat position set to factory default and then scan . you will get all channels, now beaming normally. then switch over to measat position and do scan by changing lnb frequency range only. you can select LNB frequency. If you need to view sun channels, then you should keep 9750/10600. switch off set top box and then on while changing lnb frequency o view channel. but you won't get sun channels on freq 12316, instead 12402, and so on, if you set lnb freq as 9750/10700. in other case you can view some english pay channels for free like ten action ten sports , nick et now and so on. try.. if you need to get BIG tv channels you need to set lnb freq as 09750/10700. Just check by inserting Smart card in reverse direction(to avoid "insert smart card error" and you can view channels, with a error smart card failure,) thats all.
11-05-2010, 12:27 PM
how to unlock mpeg4 sn9000ir for changing to measat
(10-06-2010 12:31 AM)ashfak Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(10-05-2010 09:11 PM)saminss Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.how to change from insat 4e to the new satelite in sun direct ditital satelite mpeg 4 receiver OFS1700CIR i am not able to change the satelite settings can any one provide me the manual of it

Samin, if u are from middle east region, you must be having low signal at this moment. Please confirm, if you have a good signal now from Insat4? Are u receiving the home tp clear? The reason, is you have to have the latest software upgrade inorder edit/change the home tp settings. If you can edit your home TP (Go to Menu>Advance Actions > Home Transponder Setting>enter the passowrd "0000"> and then try to flip through your frequency and symbol rate> if you have the options to edit the TP, you can easily change the Home TP (now being used for Measat-12316H30000).
If u can edit the TP, you are ready to go, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images. Next step is, aligning the dish to measat satellite. From the current position of your dish you have to move the dish little bit rightwards (from the back side) and a bit down. you have search for signal while using a FTA receiver. (Search for signal in any FTA receiver, by entering TP: 12683H27500. This is the powerful TP currently at this position. (Do not change your LNB, keep the same position).
You have to search for the signal with patience, and you will get it.

Bye the way, at present, there are issues with measat signal (since 4 days) and you may not able to watch all the channels, even if you get the signal. We all are waiting for SUN's action to resolve the signal issue. Otherwise, you have to have a 240cm dish to get good signal and all channels.
Best of luck. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
11-06-2010, 08:30 PM
@ Ramesh,
I presume you wanted to ask "how to unlock mpeg4 sn9000ir for changing to measat" which you wrote on the subject of ur post. Please post ur question/query on the body of ur post always Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

I hope you will have an answer from our experts. I am not using the stb u stated. regards Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.. for tomorrow never comes.. live today!!!
11-13-2010, 05:16 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2010 05:24 AM by nagendiran.)
How to unlock Homecast SN9000IR set top box re tuning to measat, pls help me.

nagendiran
12-13-2010, 10:23 PM
i am having a OFS7100CIR STB. I am able to change the settings in the menu to the new frequency etc, bt not able to save these settings. i.e the settings get automatically deleted when i exit and re-enter the TP edit menu and old settings are restored automatically... Kindly help.
I've been contacting d service providers for the past 2 months and no1 have turned up. so, pls help...
12-14-2010, 12:16 AM
(12-13-2010 10:23 PM)antonjohn88 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.i am having a OFS7100CIR STB. I am able to change the settings in the menu to the new frequency etc, bt not able to save these settings. i.e the settings get automatically deleted when i exit and re-enter the TP edit menu and old settings are restored automatically... Kindly help.
I've been contacting d service providers for the past 2 months and no1 have turned up. so, pls help...
My set top box is also the same.In your TP list some will be deletable and some will be non deletable.Set the new frequency in any one of the deletable TP.Once you set the frequency details stay in the same menu and do manual scan(press red key).While you attempting to scan,a new software will be downloaded.Once the S/W is updated your settings will be saved with new frequencies.Re align your dish to measat before doing this.
Note : If your STB cant able to download the new software and save new settings,please take your box to your dealer and they will do that(only 5 minute process).I also experienced same problem and it was solved by them.They have that facility.The above said steps were what they did to my OFS1700CIR OPENTECH box.
To know the details of active dealer in your area,please call CC on 1800 200 7575

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Breaking News: Vendhar TV to be added on Sun Direct on April 14 bayas 38 1,974 04-17-2014 07:59 PM
Last Post: mjahabarsadiq
  Sun Direct introduces the best Services during this Sports season Gita Moorjani 1 356 04-16-2014 02:46 PM
Last Post: sam16
  Breaking News: Mahuaa, OTV and PTC Punjabi added on Sun Direct TP's Sathish 4 965 04-14-2014 11:14 PM
  Update: Sun Direct Latest Channel Updates sam16 89 14,809 04-12-2014 10:01 PM
Music Breaking News: ETV NEWS KANNADA added on sun direct Gubbimari 5 419 04-12-2014 09:58 PM
  Update: 2 Nameless channels added on Sun Direct on Measat 3 at 91.5E Sathish 28 1,436 04-12-2014 06:38 PM
Last Post: Padmuzzzz
  Exclusive: Frequency Wise Channel Updates of Sun Direct on Measat 3 at 91.5 East from DVB-S2 Sathish 34 3,438 04-11-2014 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sathish
  Update: No 24 Ghanta Bangla for Sun Direct in the near future sam16 7 436 04-05-2014 04:19 PM
Last Post: manikanth
  Update: Sun Direct changed Symbol Rate of Frequency 12563, Horizontal from 30000 to 32000 Sathish 8 597 04-04-2014 11:20 AM
  Breaking News: 2 Nameless channels added in Sun Direct TP sam16 17 802 03-27-2014 01:21 PM
Last Post: Prashant Saggam 83