Sponsors

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Support Signal quality and strength
04-01-2013, 12:43 AM
Signal quality and strength
Guys I have observed that signal level and signal quality monitored on different channels vary. I am getting strength between 63 and 70 and the quality ranges from 50 to 78. Anyone having such experience. Is it related to TPs or is the issue with alignment. Also, if the issue is with alignment, how to align so that one can get constant strength and quality. What should be the ideal values?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Sponsors
04-01-2013, 09:29 AM
RE: Signal quality and strength
Not yet checked channelwise singnal quality. I normally get Signal level of 73 and 76 (tuner 1 and Tuner 2 - I have a Recorder) and a Signal quality of 72. I dont think signal dropping due to TP's. Signal drop will be there if Alignment is not proper or in bad weather conditions. Check with your neighbour and see if he gets more signal than yours and then do alignment, may be you can call a technician to do the proper aligning of dish/lnb.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
04-01-2013, 06:20 PM
thanks for your response.
whatever conditions is there, it is supposed to show same signal level and quality on all channels. but on different channels i am getting 3 different sets.
63 /58; 70/62 and 74/78.
If you wish to verify, try testing the signals at channels 100, 275 and 360, i am getting different intensities.
04-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Thats the reason, I suggested to check with your neighbour or any of close friends/relatives in the same area or nearby and they also facing same problem or not before complaining to Airtel or calling a technician to align dish/lnb.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
04-02-2013, 09:14 AM
I have checked signal quality of many channels yesterday night and am getting min 72 on all channels. Sometime it fluctuates to 72/73/72 but no variation like 63/58 as you mentioned. My Dish is fixed on my open terrace with full clear sky above.! As I suggested, please check with your neighbours etc...

04-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Thanks. I aligned my dish and lnb slightly. Now getting signal strength 75 and quality 74.
04-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Nice to hear that your problem is solved.!!

Thank given by waytobala, umeshg729
04-22-2013, 08:24 AM
Again similar problem. No problem in viewing channels though. I am not sure where is the problem actually. May be LNB or the STB is malfunctioning. I have taken the screen shots this time not not sure how to upload. No option on page and not even phone's menu options.
04-22-2013, 09:35 AM
Go to the website ''imgur.com'', upload your screenshots, copy the link (message boards) and paste it here.!!

04-29-2013, 10:23 AM
after consulting the forum threads and other number of telecommm sites, I finally decided to check what the problem is.
First I checked the strength and quality of the channels ( grouping them according to ADTV TPs)
I figured out that with increasing frequency the strength drops ( though quality remains fluctuating)
Also for the same frequency, the signal intensity was better for vertical polarization as compared to channels with same frequency having horizontal polarization.
After gathering all these info I tuned into one of the channels with horizontal polarization and maximum available frequency.
After that I adjusted the LNB skew first, then elevation of the dish and finally the azimuth.
I got the strength 75 and quality 80. I fixed the dish at this positional settings.
Then I tuned Home channel 100 ( minimum frequency, vertical polarization) . At this channel signal strength 80 and quality 92 was obtained.
Though no difference is there in TV viewing experience, I am sure whenever rain showers come, my TV will not go blank ( for heavy rainfall with too much clouds it will definitely go blank though).

So, finally I am satisfied that I have utilised my Sunday to achieve something.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ADTV - Signal outage (SES7) Mr.AB 1 985 08-15-2013 06:18 AM
Last Post: Sathish
  Help: Poor Signal Quality problem sunil10007 7 2,239 04-30-2013 10:35 AM
Last Post: Hassan Syed
  What is ur signals strength? Hassan Syed 0 548 12-07-2012 11:03 AM
Last Post: Hassan Syed
  Signal problem saini1987 5 1,187 01-08-2011 03:03 PM
Last Post: chakra_jul