Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
13-year boy sings for 'Sikandar'
Advertisement

MUMBAI: Thirteen-year old Mehrajuddin Rassar, a resident of a village in Kashmir has crooned a song in a joint venture Sikandar produced jointly by Big Pictures and Sudhir Mishra's production house, CineRaas Ltd. Set to release on 21 August, the film set in Kashmir is based on the human side of terrorism.

Young Mehrajuddin was discovered by director Piyush Jha when he was location hunting in Kashmir. "Mehrajuddin belongs from a very traditional Kashmiri family, where he helps his father run his pony-riding business and studying in the local school; completely disconnected from the film world. He has a golden voice. The boy never had singing aspirations until I perused his family to let him sing the song," avers Jha.

Mehrajuddin loves singing and dreamt of lending his voice in films one day, he did not know that the opportunity will knock his door so soon. Says Mehrajuddin, "My parents are very happy with this. They want me to pursue my carrier in singing and acting and for that I would come to Mumbai one day after the completion of my education and my formal training that Big Fm people arranged for me here at the weekends. Kashmir has totally changed from the past and there is no violence these days but yes it used to happen years back as my parents told me."

'Sikandar' is a film about a young boy who has a dream to play football for the National team but it is about his aspirations and challenges and how his life unfolds when one fine day he finds a gun on his way to school and what follows.

The film stars Parzaan Dastur, (the adorable little Sardar from (Kuchh Kuchh Hota Hai), now in his teens, Ayesha Kapur (of Black fame) along with R. Madhavan, Sanjay Suri besides introducing Arunoday Singh in a key role.

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
I also like the show little champs children as young as 5 yr olds start off with their gifted talent to sing it also involes hard work and dedication to achieve goals.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Zee Studios plans to produce 10-12 films a year with Rs 150 cr investment nairrk 0 756 03-14-2018, 10:58 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Vh1 sets the monsoon fever with its fresh mid-year programming nairrk 0 519 07-04-2016, 01:53 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  Breaking News: 'Sherlock Holmes 3' to start filming this year charger 0 671 05-20-2016, 04:47 PM
Last Post: charger
  DTH News: Salman and Katrina to ring in a warm New Year Kanwar 0 859 12-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Kanwar
  DTH News: 2010 a not-so-'Dabangg' year for Bollywood Kanwar 0 1,075 12-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Kanwar
  The Oxford Murders movie will soon be released in the month of August this year. Mr.Bhat 0 1,039 07-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Mr.Bhat
  AR Rahman named 'Entertainer of the Year' Mr.Bhat 0 1,075 12-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Mr.Bhat
  South Korea selects Yash Chopra as Asian filmmaker of the year Sathish 0 1,010 09-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Sathish
  Shahrukh Khan is going to feature with Big B in forthcoming flick 'Happy New Year' sripatiyadav 0 898 08-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Last Post: sripatiyadav
  A R Rahman’s six-year old son sings for Hollywood movie Rdev 3 1,268 08-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Tamilan