Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2G scam: Karunanidhi's daughter Kanimozhi appears before court
Advertisement
DMK MP Kanimozhi and Kalaignar TV MD Sharad Kumar on Friday appeared before a Delhi court in connection with the 2G spectrum case.

Kanimozhi has moves a bail application in the court.

Cineyug Films Director Karim Morani, however, failed to appear before the court, seeking exemption on medical ground.

Ahead of appearing before the CBI court, the DMK MP said that she was ready to “face any eventuality” and was prepared for “what the law wants, the legal system wants, or the CBI wants”.

On the possibility of being arrested, Kanimozhi, the daughter of DMK chief and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi, said, “I am not the media to speculate. Let us see what happens.”

She said: “I feel that there is a lot of focus on me and I don’t understand why. There are lots of people in the chargesheet. I really don’t understand why the focus is only on me.” She said that “if people think I am an easy target, they are highly mistaken”.

Meanwhile, the CBI has said that it will oppose her bail plea. The CEO of DMK-backed Kalaignar TV, Sharad Kumar, and Cineyug director Karim Morani are also set to appear before the court with Kanimozhi tomorrow.

Saying that she was confident that she would come out clean, the Rajya Sabha member said: “My party has already issued a statement (about the charges).” The DMK had earlier expressed surprise at the inclusion of her name in the chargesheet and had more than once claimed that the Rs 200 crore that Kalaignar TV received from DB Realty was a loan which has been repaid with interest.
Read more

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update: Aadhaar Linking Deadline Will Be Extended Till March 31, Centre Tells Supreme Court nairrk 3 815 12-15-2017, 12:46 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Kerala High Court lifts life ban on S Sreesanth nairrk 1 660 08-11-2017, 07:25 PM
  General News: No Vehicle Insurance Without Pollution Certificate, Says Supreme Court nairrk 0 479 08-10-2017, 03:57 PM
  General News: Sunanda Pushkar Case:- Court permits polygraph test on three suspects SRK 0 806 05-20-2015, 09:05 PM
Last Post: SRK
  SUPREME COURT OF INDIA SCRAPS IT ACT 66(A) SRK 0 694 03-24-2015, 12:38 PM
  Manmohan Singh summoned for coal scam enquiry SRK 0 568 03-11-2015, 12:41 PM
  Court sends two more accused to custodial interrogation in Corporate Espionage Case SRK 0 686 02-27-2015, 05:23 PM
  Help: Shivaraj Singh Chauhan involved in recruitment scam? SRK 0 487 02-16-2015, 09:36 PM
  Help: Spectrum scam: CBI may file FIR against Dayanidhi Maran Sathish 0 981 09-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Sathish
  Supreme Court stays verdict on Ayodhya title suit SRK 0 892 05-09-2011, 03:08 PM