Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 53 Vote(s) - 3.19 Average
A Review of MTNL Delhi 3G Mobile Service
Advertisement
Quote:Anyway that’s different story,now coming back to my experience,after days of searching I found one shop who was stocking 3G Jadoo SIM.I purchased per second 3G SIM which comes at Rs.100 (For SIM)+ Rs.49(for FRC).It gives Rs.12 talktime.In Mumbai 3G SIM comes at around Rs.40 which gives talk time of Rs.44 and many other freebies.But in Delhi it’s costly as compared to Mumbai.It got activated same day and I made my first video call with new number to one of my friend.Now for internet 3G settings are required which I got from call center.It is also available on MTNL delhi website.Without much hassle,I was off to 3G speed wireless internet.The speed is really really good.And as is the perception,network quality too is not that bad(I used the service at many places in NCR and found good network strength).

The best part is that when you connect internet on laptop through mobile it gets connected immediately and without any hassle.I’m pretty satisfied with that.Another thing is the data charges are 1paise/10KB which comes out to Re.1/MB,this for a premiumservice like 3G broadband is OK.Another good thing is that one can make video calls at voice call rates.Yes you read it right.To my surprise MTNL is not charging any premium for Video callingservice (which they could have easily done.I guess poor marketing ,sales and distribution is forcing them to keep the pricing on lower side).I’m using theservice for internet and speed is very good.From MTNL Delhi website I got to know that 3G data coupons too are available but do not know where to find them.It’s not available anywhere ,may be i need to visit their Customer service outlets again do not know where are they.Will have to do some research on that.I couldn’t find web recharge option also from where I could recharge.Ido not if they have web recharge facility.If they do not ,I think they are still in stone age.

What’s good in it….

* Data Speed is really good.
* Network quality too is good.I have not faced any problem so far.I used it at many places and was able to connect immediately without any problem.
* Data charges are R.1/MB.Not very expensive.Few months back we were paying Rs.5 to 10/MB for utter slow GPRS/EDGE service.
* Video calls very cheap but calling party need to have MTNL/BSNL 3G.
* In roaming too,where BSNL 3G service is available,it works very fine without any problem.But it’s expensive in roaming.

What’s bad….

* SIM and recharge availability is a big problem.Ensuring product availability is the first and foremost important aspect if you are seriously into business.I would say product is not readily available in a scenario where pvt operator’s SIMs are available at every nook and corner.
* Unlimited plan is quite expensive.They should reduce the monthly rental for Unlimited plan and of course to avoid overuse can adopt fair usage policy.Rs.14 to 1500/month seems to be reasonable.it’s currently Rs.2500/month
* In roaming data charges are very high.it’s probably Rs.10/MB
* latest offers etc are not easily known.It’s too difficult to search any information on the website.
* Web recharge facility is probably not there.I couldn’t find it on website.
* 3G settings are quite confusing if you are doing it manually.different settings are required for postpaid/prepaid/HSDPA etc.

Full Review Here
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Vodafone Idea rolling out Wi-Fi calling service, Rs 59, Rs 65 prepaid plans launched nairrk 0 329 12-16-2020, 01:47 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: MTNL reintroduces Rs. 196, Rs. 329, Rs. 399, Rs. 1,298, Rs. 1,499 prepaid plans nairrk 0 323 11-17-2020, 07:39 AM
  General News: Vodafone launches new short validity prepaid plans at Rs 109, Rs 149 in Delhi circle nairrk 0 217 09-04-2020, 07:45 AM
  General News: MTNL Rs 251 prepaid STV launched with 1GB data per day nairrk 0 264 06-04-2020, 11:54 AM
  General News: Vodafone-Idea to hike mobile call, data charges from 3 December nairrk 0 350 12-01-2019, 02:55 PM
  General News: BSNL is offering unlimited voice calling for a year with its Wings VoIP service nairrk 1 826 09-01-2019, 08:26 AM
Last Post: rajkhcom
  General News: BSNL introduces *121# service to check for special offers, also discounts Rs 899 plan nairrk 0 502 05-27-2019, 10:38 AM
  General News: BSNL introduces 121 My Offers service in India, discounts Rs 899 prepaid plan nairrk 0 633 05-25-2019, 12:03 PM
  General News: Airtel Prepaid Subscribers of Rs. 199 and Above Getting 1-Year Norton Mobile Security nairrk 0 563 04-16-2019, 07:05 PM
  General News: Vodafone announces Rs 396 prepaid mobile recharge plan: Everything you need to know nairrk 0 464 03-05-2019, 12:50 PM