Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ADTV HD DVR with 500GB HDD ?
Advertisement
Hey guys i heard that ADTV has launched HD DVR with 500GB. By asking nodal officer and CC many times i couldnt get info that its there launched by ADTV. Can anybody inform/confirm us that he has got new ADTV HD DVR with 500 GB HDD or booked or seen?

:happy:IF YOU LIKE THEN DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THANKS
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Finally after lots of effort i could hera from Airtel Digital tv technical Team :jump:.

They replied below

a) What would be cost for existing customer if add on or if upgrade my existing Airtel Digital Tv @ 3990 if i upgrade if add on then @4299 if new then @4990

b) When Time Shift Tv and VOD will be activated further my assumption for timeshift tv is that i can see last 7 days programme anytime (Time shift tv enabled Channels). We are trying ASAP but cant say exactly when

c) Will u merge the IPTV technology in DTH HD Recorder to make it work for IPTV in HD DVR. Does that means that we have to plug internet to HD DVR and then we can access all 7 days programme like IPTV from SERVER. Answer to this question is important to me as my whole upgrade or addon decision is on hold coz of that. and Further i need tentative date of activating this. Another thing is that does your existing HD DVR box are capable of getting and deliver IPTV or you will again upgrade the Hardware to get the Time shift feature. So in that case i will wait for new hardware/Box. Its big and question and we have to check with our team on this

d) Does USB port play Movies and pictures if i ll add my USB to the port to play saved movies or Pictures from My PC ? currently not enabled

e) Are you guys working on the UI (the only think which i dont like much) to make it better in look e.g Tata Sky. will work on this

f) Are you guys planing to introduce all Zee Banquet True Hd channels (as this is only left other than International channels) If yes please give me the list of Upcoming HD channels. Negotiation is going but no update yet

g) Have you recently increased the HDD size of Airtel HD Recorder to 500 GB instead of 320 GB if yes then what would be hours of recording which i can make of SD and Hd channels. YES we have launched

:happy::happy::happy::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:
Thanks given by:
Yes, I too heard that Airtel introduced a new HD DVR with 500 GB capacity but understand still it is not available at all places. May take few more days prior it becomes available at all airtel outlets. However the sad part is that even this new DVR comes without a in-built fan which means we have to arrange external cooling support to prevent over heating.!!
Good work Kanwar... So, hope they respond to your remaining enquiries once they get the answer from their tech guys... :jump:

The over-heating issue, seen only from some of the users... They should have fixed it if its a common problem..?
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.. for tomorrow never comes.. live today!!!
Thanks given by:
Only few are reporting the heating issue and affects more if there are not much air circulation where the STB is kept, otherwise the room fan may help little bit to keep the heat under control.!!
Hey guys I m keeping intouch with airtel very closely and looking forward for their response soon. Meanwhile as far as heating issue is I have also heard from some members and as our mate naarik confirmed even there is no fan in new one also but let's hope the new one doeasnt heat that much.
Thanks given by:
Guys I just got a call from tech team from airtel. Well I was surprised they said that its not out means 500GB HD DVR is not out yet.

As a customer we are totally confused. People say its out and they are getting it but nor CC says it out not tech team. If anybody has firm info do let us know.
Thanks given by:
Yes, I too came to know that it is not yet officially out, hence CC has no information/details to let know the customers.
It is/was available only at selected Airtel outlets (with limited supply) hence it is better to wait for official announcement from Airtel about this new STB. Otherwise, when you order for new STB. they may supply you the old one with 320GB capacity.!!
That's d only best way. Its the wait which can make us know that its out or not and meanwhile as we all have heard that even D3H is also coming with 500 gb. Adtv,rdtv and d2h is also trying to add more hd channels so its better to wait for good
Thanks given by:
Guys its holiday in Punjab due to elections so I m accessing it on my blackberry. Would be bit lazy to post to today
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update: Sunday Super Sale on ADTV nairrk 73 14,842 04-11-2021, 09:28 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  DTH Updates: B4U Kadak, B4U Movies, B4U Music & B4U Bhojpuri added back on ADTV nairrk 0 338 04-09-2021, 09:23 AM
  DTH Updates: Channel removed/not available on ADTV nairrk 0 108 04-07-2021, 09:04 AM
  DTH Updates: Channels not available/removed by ADTV nairrk 1 144 04-03-2021, 09:20 AM
  DTH Updates: France 24 & ND24 added by ADTV nairrk 0 137 04-02-2021, 09:40 AM
  DTH Updates: New channel ''NK TV'' added by ADTV nairrk 0 118 03-24-2021, 09:14 AM
  DTH Updates: Channel removed/not available on ADTV nairrk 0 120 03-17-2021, 07:47 AM
  DTH Updates: 'Jantantra TV' removed from ADTV nairrk 0 137 03-12-2021, 07:51 AM
  DTH Updates: ADTV added ''R.Bangla'' on Ch.730 nairrk 0 132 03-11-2021, 09:12 AM
  DTH Updates: New channel added by ADTV - Vijay Music on Ch.822 nairrk 0 146 03-05-2021, 09:14 AM