Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airtel 3G Data Card Exchange Offer with Cash Back
Advertisement
Haha ... walked into an Airtel gallery on getting this MMS from Airtel on 10 April, 2013...The day of my MTS Data Card going inactive.

So the scheme is actually like this:

Handover your inactive dongle of any operator, pay Rs450 for 2GB Data Benefit (Rs225 per month Cash back in subsequent 2 months bill) OR pay Rs750 for 4GB Data Benefit (Rs375 per month Cash back in subsequent 2 months bill).
Even Prepaid inactive cards will be exchanged for Postpaid cards only as per the Terms & Conditions. After the two months, there is an option to changeover into prepaid connection or change plan.
Need to fillup a form, verification and activation is done on the same day. The process is much faster for an existing Airtel service customer for other offerings.

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Did you go for the scheme? How it is working ie speed?
(04-15-2013, 06:17 PM)nairrk Wrote: Did you go for the scheme? How it is working ie speed?

Yes I went for the scheme. The working is good. Speed is also very good...will test on my laptop on Friday as currently I am using it for tablet only mainly for browsing forums and web. (Tab gives only MB data usage report , but cannot measure speed. Speedtest does not run properly on tab because of Flash Player)

One thing is it takes some time to register on the 3G network (indicated by LED on USB stick turning Green from Blue) which I suspect is due to temporary tower issue in my area.
But once 3G network is found, then the Internet speed is very good. YouTube App on tab also plays videos nicely without any buffering delay.

If 3G tower is not found, then we get EDGE (Enhanced-GPRS) speed of upto 80Kbps.

I will post a detailed review and SpeedTest Upload/Download speed results of this USB Modem.
Thanks given by:
One more point I forgot to tell.
I have chosen Rs450 per month 2GB bill plan as only Postpaid connection is given for exchange schemes of other operators. After data consumption limit, Rs2 per MB rate will be charged.

*My data consumption is less because of Opera Mini and ICS Web Browser used on tab with compression settings Big Grin

After 2 months, the customer can changeover to Prepaid and recharge with a pack for 1GB, 2GB, Unlimited and so on. No compulsion to recharge every month. But it has to be done within 90 days else 3G SIM card gets deactivated as per TRAI rules.

I will post a Recharge Tariff Card scan in this post later.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: BSNL introduces Rs 199, Rs 798, Rs 999 postpaid plans with up to 75GB data.. nairrk 0 295 11-06-2020, 09:50 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Airtel offers free Disney+ Hotstar subscription for 1 year: Here’s how to avail it nairrk 0 256 11-03-2020, 07:11 PM
  General News: Vi announces data rollover for unlimited prepaid plans starting at Rs 249 nairrk 0 279 10-20-2020, 07:32 AM
  General News: Jio woes postpaid users of airtel, Vodafone Idea with new offer nairrk 0 799 10-11-2020, 01:52 PM
  General News: Vi introduces a new data pack with 100GB of 4G data nairrk 0 256 10-03-2020, 06:42 PM
  General News: Top 5 Jio Prepaid Data Recharge Plans nairrk 0 163 09-05-2020, 07:46 AM
  General News: Airtel partners with PepsiCo to give up to 2GB of data to its customers nairrk 0 225 09-01-2020, 06:17 PM
  General News: Airtel now offers free data coupons on Rs 289, Rs 448 and Rs 599 prepaid plans nairrk 0 201 08-30-2020, 09:41 AM
  General News: Airtel users can subscribe to annual plans or queue multiple recharges... nairrk 0 176 08-28-2020, 09:31 AM
  General News: BSNL offering 5GB of data free to its customers nairrk 0 177 08-25-2020, 03:36 PM