Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Anurag Kashyap to make 3D horror movie!
Advertisement
Quote:Just back after the screening of his debut production Udaan, directed by Vikram Motwane, in the Un Certain Regard category at the Cannes film festival in France, Anurag Kashyap already has a plan in place for his next three productions after Udaan’s release on July 16. One of the three movies, to be directed by Rahi Anil Bharve, will be a 3D horror film, produced by Kashyap for UTV, in collaboration with a “Hollywood special effects 3D giant studio”. “I’ve fortunately always got a great response and support from the international market at every festival I’ve been. I’ve been in talks with many studios for a while now and one of the projects, which is underway, is a 3D horror film that will be an international co-production with a Hollywood special effects 3D giant studio and UTV reveals Kashyap.

Exploring romance
Bharve, who will be making his big screen debut with this film, has earlier directed a short film called Manjha, which Danny Boyle had featured on his Blu-ray DVD for Slumdog Millionaire. Kashyap is producing two of his other movies for UTV too, and both will be big-budget love stories. One of them will be Motwane’s next after Udaan. Says Kashyap, “The script of the movie has already been locked, and we’ve approached big stars for the film. It will start shooting at the end of this year and release next year.”

The other love story is a quirky romance as Kashyap puts it, and will mark the Bollywood directorial debut of two-time National Award-winning Marathi filmmaker, Sachin Kundalkar, of Gandha fame. “This is the first time I’m making such love stories in my life,” Kashyap grins. “We’ve already zeroed in on actors we know can do the roles, and have started hounding them. This movie should go on the floors by the end of this year too.” All three movies, which are scripted by their respective directors, are part of Kashyap’s nine-film deal with UTV, which he signed last year, after the critical and box-office success of his movie, Dev D. UTV has also made Udaan, and has put its weight behind Kashyap’s next release as a director, Girl In The Yellow Boots.

“I’ve always wanted to make the kind of films that I don’t think other producers would have the courage and vision to make. UTV has consistently backed me on such films,” Kashyap says.

More ....
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: New movie releases in a tight spot: Battle between OTT players and Theatre owners nairrk 0 371 05-17-2020, 09:09 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Yoodlee Films plans to make 100 films in next five years nairrk 0 755 10-12-2018, 11:52 AM
  General News: Throwback: These 13 Bollywood Star’s Rare Clicks Will Make You Feel Twice Your Age! nairrk 0 746 06-14-2018, 08:03 PM
  General News: ‘Wonder Woman’ is highest grossing woman-directed movie nairrk 0 722 06-26-2017, 02:11 PM
  General News: Y-Films set to make history by releasing ‘Bank-Chor’ in 16D, VR, AR nairrk 0 763 04-04-2017, 08:58 AM
  General News: Artificial intelligence powers movie streaming aggregator Flickstree nairrk 0 1,065 10-12-2016, 12:29 PM
  General News: Movie & video platform VMate launches in India nairrk 0 764 09-01-2016, 09:21 AM
  General News: Flickstree launches automated movie recommendation bot nairrk 0 699 08-09-2016, 12:01 PM
  General News: Spuul adds ‘Tamasha’ to movie catalogue nairrk 0 768 08-08-2016, 06:16 PM
  Breaking News: Baahubali to be re-released in Kerala to commemorate the first anniversary of movie rahul1117_kumar 0 734 06-30-2016, 02:36 PM
Last Post: rahul1117_kumar