Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Attention please! Tendulkar's on Twitter
Advertisement
Welcome Sachin Tendulkar as sachin_rt to the world of twitter.

Late Tuesday night Sachin finally became a member of the micro-blogging site. As a fan using Pandit Nehru's famous words tweeted, "At the stroke of midnight when most Indians were sleeping, Sachin joined Twitter."

There was no big announcement, just a simple tweet: "Finally the original SRT is on twitter n the first thing I'd like to do is wish my colleagues the best in the Windies." But within hours, he garnered more than 75,000 followers.

The batting maestro soon underlined the authenticity of his profile by posting some candid images of him with some of his friends including director Vidhu Vinod Chopra and photographer Atul Kasbekar. Sachin tweeted, "Vinod Chopra has a script called, ‘Ferrari ki sawari'...Just heard it, sounds awesome..."

One of the images shows a visibly sleepy Sachin lying in bed, the accompanying tweet saying, "By the way this time, it's the real me."

The master batter also congratulated second-time daddy Virender Sehwag. "Woke up to the good news that Sehwag has become father of another baby boy. I wish the baby all the happiness and above all, good health in life." He told Zaheer Khan: "I'm finally on Twitter buddy, good luck for the tournament. Wish all the guys from me."

Sachin joins Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard, basketball legend Shaquille O'Neal and champion cyclist Lance Armstrong as Twitter continues to welcome a flurry of sports stars into its world.

The tweets and comments on his pictures are coming in droves with most people awestruck at the fact that their "God" is ostensibly within reach. There have also been a multitude of good wishes for a speedy recovery with everyone realizing how indispensable Sachin is to India's ODI World Cup dream.

A candid photograph of Sachin holding two large crabs had one fan commenting that the image reflected the way he treated his bowlers. Another fan wrote, "I wish you were playing for T20 WC." This echoes the sentiments of most Indians who felt that after his incredible run in the IPL and was only logical that he should be helping India recapture the Twenty20 trophy.

The overwhelming response was one of awe and happiness as fans paid tribute to their hero and wished him a speedy recovery. Sachin, amazed at the speed at which the fans tweeted, wrote, "Can't believe the response I got in such a short time. Had a wonderful dinner with my close friends tonight. The evening was superb. Goodnight."

Celebrity twitterati like Shilpa Shetty and Atul Kasbekar warmly welcomed Sachin to Twitter. Shilpa Shetty tweeted, "Finally on twitter, The God of cricket himself. A big welcome shout for SACHIN TENDULKAR himself @sachin_rt spread the word".

Around 10.45 am on Wednesday, he tweeted, "Got stitches removed and the Dr feels it will take some more time to recover. Will keep you posted on this." And around 3 pm, he said, "My kids r happy that I m finally on Twitter. They hv been tryi2 get me 2 join twitter or facebook for ages. I m still getting the hang of it."

Source-TOI
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Wow 75000 followers within hours...!!:jump:

Sachin is Awsome....hope he also joins the Facebook which is more better than twitter
Thanks given by:
Twitter updates by sachin that is so kool!
Thanks given by:
Woooooooooooooooooooooooow 4 Sachin Fans
Thanks given by:
sachintendulkar on twitter.
Check the Link -
twitter.com/sachintendulkar
Thanks given by:
I am sure someone might be appointed to update tweets!
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Attention Google Chrome users, this new tab feature will make your life easier nairrk 0 245 05-15-2020, 07:31 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  Breaking News: Twitter's music site goes live waytobala 1 2,009 05-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Last Post: SRK
  Help: Sohaib Athar on Twitter fame after bin Laden raid (Q&A) Mr.AB 0 1,106 05-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Last Post: Mr.AB
  Sachin Tendulkar, Kumar Birla, Narayan Murthy and KV Kamath on sale! Saif, Deepika selling their stuff too!!! Sathish 0 971 09-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Sathish
  NASA astronaut becomes first man to use Twitter from space Mr.Bhat 0 955 05-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Mr.Bhat
  Google in talks to buy Twitter Sathish 0 1,134 04-06-2009, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Sathish