Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bal Thackeray slams Sachin over 'Mumbai for all' remark
Advertisement
MUMBAI: Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray slammed master blaster Sachin Tendulkar in an editorial piece published in party's mouthpiece ‘Saamna’ on Monday over the latter's ‘Mumbai for all’ remark.

Thackeray criticised Tendulkar saying there was no need for the cricket icon to take a "cheeky single" and hurting the Marathi psyche by moving to the pitch of politics.

"There was no need for him to take a cheeky single by making such remarks," Sena mouthpiece 'Saamna' quoted Thackeray as saying.

"By making these remarks, you have got run-out on the pitch of Marathi psyche. You were not even born when the 'Marathi Manoos' got Mumbai and 105 Marathi people sacrificed their lives to get Mumbai," he said.

Thackeray expressed displeasure that Sachin "left the crease" and moved to the pitch of politics by making these remarks which have hurt Marathi sentiment.

In a rebuff to the "Marathi Manoos" plank of Shiv Sena and Raj Thackeray's MNS, Tendulkar had said on Friday that Mumbai is for all Indians.

"Mumbai belongs to India. That is how I look at it. And I am a Maharashtrian and I am extremely proud of that but I am an Indian first," said Tendulkar

Shiv Sena and MNS have often played the "Marathi Manoos" card in a bid to attract votes. Raj Thackeray's fledgling party had even unleashed an anti-north Indian campaign inviting criticism.

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
raj thkare ne marathi hone ka theka le rakha hai kya............offcorse i have a great respect to them. tendulkar said that i am proud to be a marathi but i am first a indian.......whts wrong in that...balthakre akele hi marthi hain aur baki sab kya he???????????????.....I am proud that i m an indian thts why i love telugu ..tamil ....and marathi alsso.........no need to do such type blundder.....
[Image: indiandthsig.php]
Thanks given by:
Thakre perhaps doesnt know that mumbai is a part of india :blue:
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Global ransomware attack reaches India; Jawaharlal Nehru PortTrust in Mumbai affected nairrk 0 800 06-28-2017, 12:11 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Delhi, Mumbai top metros that searched online in 2013 rrk18 0 1,058 01-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Last Post: rrk18
  Help: Pak prosecutor handling Mumbai attack case shot dead SRK 0 1,385 05-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Last Post: SRK
  DTH News: No relaxation on digitisation in Delhi, Mumbai & Kolkata waytobala 0 935 11-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Last Post: waytobala
  Help: Mumbai Indians most searched team in Google waytobala 0 1,077 05-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Last Post: waytobala
  Breaking News: Mumbai Bomb Blasts- Jul 13, 2011 SRK 3 2,032 07-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Arjun
Information Help: Mumbai is world's 6th most expensive city for office space nairrk 0 966 02-24-2011, 08:01 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  India interviews US Mumbai plotter SRK 0 938 06-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SRK
Rainbow World Longest EMU Trains in Mumbai Arjun 5 2,620 03-31-2010, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Arjun
  BBC News website wins award for Mumbai coverage Mr.Bhat 1 2,518 10-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Ananya