Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
Breaking News : Cyclone to riddle Diwali in Andhra Pardesh?
Advertisement
Friday, November 5, 2010, 9:12 [IST]

Hyderabad, Nov 5: While the entire country is celebrating the Diwali with lights and crackers, the people of Andhra Pradesh is facing a wet festival of lights as rain continues in the coastal region of the state and a fresh cyclonic storm is said to be brewing over the sea on Friday, Nov 5.

Buzz up!After the continuous raining in the state, the residents of the coastal region in the state complained about shortage of food as one of the residents stated, "For the past four days, we have been without any proper food. There is nothing to cook, there is no way to light a fire either."

While a farmer claimed, "There is no fodder for the cattle. I don't know what I am going to do. I can only cry or drink pesticide."

However, the CM Konijeti Rosaiah on Nov 4 assured that input subsidy for farmers, who lost their crops would be paid at Rs 4,500 per hectare.

He also assured that families, who suffered damages would be paid reasonable compensation.

http://news.oneindia.in/2010/11/05/cyclo...rdesh.html
Advertisement
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Happy Diwali to all nairrk 1 711 10-18-2017, 11:15 AM
Last Post: sarokayal
  West Bengal govt to send Kishenji's body to Andhra Pradesh SRK 0 1,061 11-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Last Post: SRK
  Breaking News: No fire-crackers after 10pm on Diwali: Delhi govt nairrk 0 820 11-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  Hectic lobbying on for Andhra chief minister's post Sathish 0 1,105 09-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Last Post: Sathish
  ANDHRA CM YS RAJASHEKHARA REDDY DEAD Sathish 2 1,476 09-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Last Post: SRK