Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News : ESPN channel will be renamed as Star Sports 2
Advertisement
ESPN channel will be renamed as Star Sports 2 in India.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
ESPN will be renamed Star Sports 2

Photo Credit: Rohit Srivastava, Jitendra Kumar from my Facebook DTH Group.
Source: I received an SMS as shown below from Sadiq Sir (greatSadiq), IndianDTH team member.

Thanks given by:
Thanks Jitendra Kumar and Rohit Srivastava for sharing images on our group.

Thank you Indian DTH team for merging the threads Smile I was about to suggest the same.
Thanks given by:
the name ESPN was more sexy Tongue
what are they re-naming it ?? any news on that ?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I too feel ESPN sounds better. I suppose this also means the end of the Sportscenter brand. Sad. I wonder if ESPN HD will be Star Sports HD...
Thanks given by:
All this renaming exercise arises from stakeholders dropping stakes, partnerships getting dissolved etc.

Like ESPN is known as Fox Sports elsewhere, Star Network chose to make it secondary sports channel Star Sports 2 in India.

In the past NDTV had parted ways leaving only the now defunct Imagine TV as a standalone entity.
Thanks given by:
When they rebranded Fox History to Fox Traveller, they showed banners saying Fox History will be Fox Traveller. On the other hand, this banner says, Star Sports 2 coming soon which is similar to the banners they were showing before launching ESPN HD and Star Cricket HD.

So Star Sports 2 would probably be a new sports channel altogether. As to what they will rebrand ESPN to is anybody's guess... it could be Fox Sports as in rest of asia or maybe Star Sports 3... I believe its a good idea to have 1 umbrella name for all sports channels like they have in UK (Sky Sports 1,2,3 and 4) and they can rebrand their channels to Star Sports 1, 2, 3, etc. removing the Star Cricket branding as well...
Thanks given by:
good news
<<DISHKILLER>> <<ONE NAME ONE VISION>>
Thanks given by:
I feel its very unlikely that a new sports channel is going to be launched. Although, I'd love it since they are having a very hard time juggling 3-4 football leagues, cricket among others. And who knows what's going to happen after F1 starts.

As far as Fox Sports goes, they've made it clear that this brand won't enter India.
Thanks given by:
Where have they made it clear... the last report I read said that they are not sure...
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Star Bharat to launch show based on Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar nairrk 0 464 04-14-2020, 02:06 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Star Movies to premiere John Wick: Chapter 3 on 12 Apr nairrk 0 396 04-09-2020, 11:11 PM
  General News: Star Movies launches kids content initiative in afternoon slot nairrk 0 311 04-01-2020, 11:35 AM
  General News: Star Jalsha brings back mytho show ‘Mahabharat’ nairrk 0 275 03-30-2020, 11:07 PM
  General News: Star Plus’ ‘Naamkarann’ launches on Georgia’s Rustavi2 nairrk 0 302 03-20-2020, 10:11 AM
  General News: Star Jalsha launches family game show ‘SuperStar Parivaar’ nairrk 0 310 03-18-2020, 10:56 AM
  General News: Star Maa to launch brand new sitcom ‘House of Hungama’ nairrk 0 276 03-17-2020, 12:30 PM
  General News: Star Movies to premiere ‘Captain Marvel’ on 8th March nairrk 0 299 03-03-2020, 11:14 PM
  General News: Disney Channel India to premiere animated series ‘Mira, Royal Detective’ on 22 Mar nairrk 0 350 02-14-2020, 11:21 PM
  General News: Star World to premiere ‘Homeland’ S8 starting 16 Feb nairrk 0 267 02-13-2020, 07:22 AM