Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Breaking News : Gavaskar demanded Rs 20 crore for his service to IPL: BCCI
Advertisement
NEW DELHI: In a shocking revelation, BCCI disclosed that former Indian skipper Sunil Gavaskar who has been at loggerheads with the Indian Cricket Board, has demanded Rs 20 crore for his services to IPL as a governing council member.

"He has been sending emails regarding his payment but there was no contract," said BCCI secretary N Srinivasan to Times Now.

However, BCCI also clarified that Gavaskar was to be paid only Rs 1 crore for the past three years as per the agreement.

BCCI also clearly stated that they won't make him any extra payment apart from the unpaid dues.

Earlier in the day, a disgruntled Sunil Gavaskar, who has been omitted from the IPL governing council, has said that BCCI has not paid him a single penny for his services.

In a major revamp, the BCCI left out the former Indian captain from the Twenty20 League's governing council at its Annual General Meeting in September.

The Cricket Board did not give any reason for Gavaskar's ouster, but there were reports that it could be a result of a payment dispute.

But the legendary batsman maintained that he had not been paid for the last three years which forced him to send a "gentle reminder about the non-payment" to BCCI.

"I am yet to be paid by the BCCI for my role on the IPL governing council. I have not been paid at all by the BCCI, since I took on the offer," Gavaskar told a news channel.

"I have just been told that Mr Sharad Pawar (ICC President) will organise a meeting between Shashank Manohar (BCCI chief) and me in his presence to sort out the matter and that for me is good enough," he said.

The former India captain, however, refused to divulge what the pay packet would be, saying, "Never ask a woman her age and never ask a man what he gets."

Gavaskar also denied that he had any links with the beleaguered Kochi IPL team and said he had still not made up his mind whether to accept the franchise's offer to head it's cricket operations.

"They only came to me for advice," he said. "I will wait for Kochi's internal problems to be resolved before deciding to take up the offer. Apart from Kochi, I have also been approached by another franchise to head cricket operations," the former opener added.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/iplar...859793.cms

Advertisement
I dont think its a big claim from Sunny..... Money is pouring from everywhere in IPL.... At the end all the big guns are found out to be involved in scams and frauds... Dont know when the new IPL commissioner and other top officials gonna be caught... We common public watch this game because of stars like sunny and other icons... If he asked for it.. why cant they pay it. If they dont want their service for that money, its his choice... Now it make sense that he opt to go out of the body, and work for cochin IPL
Surely its not a crime asking for pay for his services....

Thanks for the update Nair.
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.. for tomorrow never comes.. live today!!!
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: BCCI announce squads for Women's T20 Challenge nairrk 0 673 05-17-2018, 07:19 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Bhuvneshwar, Bumrah named in new A+ category of BCCI pay grade nairrk 0 756 03-07-2018, 06:52 PM
  General News: Ranji Trophy to be back to its home and away format as per the BCCI nairrk 0 781 07-31-2017, 12:54 PM
  General News: BCCI appoints Sunil Subramanian as administrative manager of Team India nairrk 0 826 07-30-2017, 07:51 AM
  General News: BCCI Set to Reward Mithali and Co. For World Cup Performance nairrk 0 929 07-21-2017, 07:41 PM
  General News: BCCI makes public details of payments made in June 2017 nairrk 0 719 07-20-2017, 10:15 AM
  General News: BCCI to appoint new coach before Sri Lanka tour nairrk 0 763 06-21-2017, 07:40 PM
  General News: BCCI invites applications for India's head coach nairrk 0 841 05-26-2017, 07:45 AM
  General News: BCCI recommends Pujara, Harmanpreet for Arjuna Award nairrk 0 714 05-02-2017, 01:11 PM
  General News: Champions Trophy 2017: BCCI Keeps Squad Announcement on Hold nairrk 0 607 04-27-2017, 07:40 PM