Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News : My experience with Airtel
Advertisement
I just wrote this email to Airtel, and thought that I might share it here for others to gain from my experience with their DTH customer service:

Hey Airtel,

Please read completely, and please don't jump to conclusions.

I am a DTH Customer: X01XX98257

I had some issues with my connection and for resolution I tried these numbers:

033 4444 8080
1800 102 8080
1860 500 6500

None of these numbers actually work, the network is busy always. I have been trying these numbers since 19th Oct 2013 evening. I have tried these numbers from my !dea mobile, from my office's landline number, from my friends' numbers and not even once did they ever work.

I had no choice, so I tried to contact Airtel online through the ticketing system: DT102000004
There was no response from Airtel, once again. I waited for two days, but no-one replied.

My last resort was to call the activation number: 1800 102 0303
This number worked, but the representative of Airtel discarded my call exclaiming that the number was for "activation only". He seemed to have just, sort of, completed his diploma in being "rude".

Where may I turn for help now? It's a hopeless situation.

I'm convinced that this email will, like the previous one, fall into deaf ears.
I'm visiting the Consumer Rights & Welfare office of my city tomorrow, and shall lodge a complaint against Airtel.

I want to cancel the connection, to return the wretched set-top box and dish, and claim a full-refund of my hard earned money. Airtel, you are pathetic!! You exceeded all heights of disappointments.

Regards,

Bhanu

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Hey dear, what went wrong with your connection? Better tweet them and drop a mail to airtelpresence.
I am enjoying the services at four different locations without any issues.
I was always able to contact them through almost every means.
Thanks given by:
Hello pal, thanks for dropping by.

They say that ignorance is "Bliss"

I guess that Airtel aims for Bliss, by ignoring its consumers. A priori, my experience is excruciatingly bad.
Thanks given by:
(10-21-2013, 09:54 PM)xibalban Wrote: I just wrote this email to Airtel, and thought that I might share it here for others to gain from my experience with their DTH customer service:

Hey Airtel,

Please read completely, and please don't jump to conclusions.

I am a DTH Customer: X01XX98257

I had some issues with my connection and for resolution I tried these numbers:

033 4444 8080
1800 102 8080
1860 500 6500

None of these numbers actually work, the network is busy always. I have been trying these numbers since 19th Oct 2013 evening. I have tried these numbers from my !dea mobile, from my office's landline number, from my friends' numbers and not even once did they ever work.

I had no choice, so I tried to contact Airtel online through the ticketing system: DT102000004
There was no response from Airtel, once again. I waited for two days, but no-one replied.

My last resort was to call the activation number: 1800 102 0303
This number worked, but the representative of Airtel discarded my call exclaiming that the number was for "activation only". He seemed to have just, sort of, completed his diploma in being "rude".

Where may I turn for help now? It's a hopeless situation.

I'm convinced that this email will, like the previous one, fall into deaf ears.
I'm visiting the Consumer Rights & Welfare office of my city tomorrow, and shall lodge a complaint against Airtel.

I want to cancel the connection, to return the wretched set-top box and dish, and claim a full-refund of my hard earned money. Airtel, you are pathetic!! You exceeded all heights of disappointments.

Regards,

Bhanu

buddy please escalate the issue to Airtel Presence and Nodal Officer respectively. I am sure you get resolution soon..
Thanks given by:
You still not explained what was your problem..?

As suggested by @umeshg729, forward your e-mail to airtelpresence and nodal officer.
(10-22-2013, 07:35 AM)nairrk Wrote: You still not explained what was your problem..?

As suggested by @umeshg729, forward your e-mail to airtelpresence and nodal officer.

Tell me something pal, did you even read my post?
The issue was "not being able to contact Airtel".
What's airtel presence?...or is it airtelpresence@airtel.in? ...or what?
Nodal officer must have a contact number or email too, don't you think?
Thanks given by:
Your major complaint seems to be that you are not able to contact any airtel guys and then you want to cancel the airtel connection....

The nodal officer details for Sikkim is as under (as per their website)

dthnodal.nesa@in.airtel.com
contact no: 9800001135

(see this thread for all nodal officer details: http://www.indiandth.in/Thread-Airtel-di...er-Details )

Also, airtelpresence@in.airtel.com

Try if you can get in touch with them now.
(10-22-2013, 12:48 PM)nairrk Wrote: Your major complaint seems to be that you are not able to contact any airtel guys

Congrats, this time you actually read my post. Thanks.

(10-22-2013, 12:48 PM)nairrk Wrote: The nodal officer details for Sikkim is as under (as per their website)

dthnodal.nesa@in.airtel.com
contact no: 9800001135

(see this thread for all nodal officer details: indiandth.in/Thread-Airtel-digital-TV-Nodal-Officer-Details )

Also, airtelpresence@in.airtel.com

Try if you can get in touch with them now.

Thanks for that information, I appreciate it. I'll contact the Nodal Officer and post my experience.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DTH Updates: Channels not available on Airtel Digital TV nairrk 0 133 04-14-2021, 09:13 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  Update: Airtel Digital TV Channels List rahul1117_kumar 316 124,512 04-14-2021, 09:10 AM
  DTH Updates: New channel 'Mercy Tv' added on Airtel Digital Tv nairrk 0 150 04-13-2021, 09:56 AM
  DTH Updates: Channels removed/not available on Airtel Digital TV nairrk 0 107 03-26-2021, 07:37 AM
  DTH Updates: Airtel Entertainment Home 2 added on Ch.118 nairrk 0 205 03-19-2021, 08:01 AM
  AirtelDigitalTV added "Airtel Entertainment Home 2 (TV)" channel on its DTH platform on 19-03-2021 Sathish 0 76 03-19-2021, 05:04 AM
Last Post: Sathish
  AirtelDigitalTV removed "Airtel Promo Home (TV)" channel from its DTH platform on 19-03-2021 Sathish 0 73 03-19-2021, 05:01 AM
  DTH Updates: Airtel will charge Rs.5/-pm as monthly rental for Recording service. nairrk 0 120 03-08-2021, 01:28 PM
  "Airtel Movies Home (TV)" channel Audio Parameters updated on AirtelDigitalTV DTH Services on 04-03-2021 Sathish 0 107 03-04-2021, 02:46 AM
  DTH Updates: Ishara TV added by Airtel Digital TV nairrk 0 105 03-03-2021, 07:48 AM