Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News : Problems Galore at Airtel HD+
Advertisement
Hey folks,

I have been regretting to have chosen Airtel HD+, and despite infinite attempts I have not been able to solve the following issues:
  • I'm unable to register online at Airtel.in
  • The Volume level on Set-top box isn't saved and resets to a full blast every time I switch it on.
  • The last viewed channel isn't saved, and the tv resets to demo channel when I start up
  • All the above, contradicts their advertisement at Airtel.in
  • Worst of all, their online Terms & Conditions link throws a 404 - Page not found Error

The local service centre, customer care, and email support could do nothing about it.
Does anyone want Airtel HD+, I'm selling it.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Regarding your problem on online registration, suggest send email complaint to airtelpresence@in.airtel.com with copy to your area Nodal officer.

Regarding volume adjustments in stb, you can adjust it to "0" when on switching on the tv/stb.
( go to Menu > settings > user settings > audio > ( reduce the volume to minimum) , and then press the "blue button".

Saving last viewed channel is not available if we switch off the stb, otherwise ( if we keep the stb standby )the last viewed channel can be seen.
Hi Nairrk,

Thanks for the response pal. The volume problem has been fixed, after following your instruction. I'm amazed, however, why Airtel Technical support couldn't help me with this simple issue. (Are they really "technical", after all?)

As for the "demo channel" issue, I am utterly disappointed. Check the following screenshot from Airtel's online webpage, which is clearly misleading potential customers:

The "Power Resume" function is a gimmick.

The other issues remain, which neither Airtel Presence nor their pathetic customer care or local service centres could solve.

Thank you, anyways!
Thanks given by:
i did had a same problem in the past regarding the volume issue, cc told me that it is not an issue and so i left it alone as i couldn't do anything, one day my friend told me the same solution regardin how to resolve problem. airtel cc and the airtel technicians dont have any basic knowledge about their product and how to resolve basic issues.
Thanks given by:
Infact, I was getting this Power resume function in the begining (Whether switch off STB from main or Power supply goes off etc the last viewed channel always comes once the STB is switched on again. However, the feature was gone once they upgrade the software. I think they forgot to fix this issue when software was upgraded or are they not aware of this problem when they proudly announce the Power resume function feature etc...!!
(10-31-2013, 10:02 AM)nairrk Wrote: Infact, I was getting this Power resume function in the begining (Whether switch off STB from main or Power supply goes off etc the last viewed channel always comes once the STB is switched on again. However, the feature was gone once they upgrade the software. I think they forgot to fix this issue when software was upgraded or are they not aware of this problem when they proudly announce the Power resume function feature etc...!!

It's all in the firmware (commonly referred to as the software) of the STB. Upgrades to firmware are supposed to improve it, not to add bugs instead.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DTH Updates: Channels not available on Airtel Digital TV nairrk 0 124 04-14-2021, 09:13 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  Update: Airtel Digital TV Channels List rahul1117_kumar 316 124,512 04-14-2021, 09:10 AM
  DTH Updates: New channel 'Mercy Tv' added on Airtel Digital Tv nairrk 0 141 04-13-2021, 09:56 AM
  DTH Updates: Channels removed/not available on Airtel Digital TV nairrk 0 107 03-26-2021, 07:37 AM
  DTH Updates: Airtel Entertainment Home 2 added on Ch.118 nairrk 0 205 03-19-2021, 08:01 AM
  AirtelDigitalTV added "Airtel Entertainment Home 2 (TV)" channel on its DTH platform on 19-03-2021 Sathish 0 76 03-19-2021, 05:04 AM
Last Post: Sathish
  AirtelDigitalTV removed "Airtel Promo Home (TV)" channel from its DTH platform on 19-03-2021 Sathish 0 73 03-19-2021, 05:01 AM
  DTH Updates: Airtel will charge Rs.5/-pm as monthly rental for Recording service. nairrk 0 120 03-08-2021, 01:28 PM
  "Airtel Movies Home (TV)" channel Audio Parameters updated on AirtelDigitalTV DTH Services on 04-03-2021 Sathish 0 107 03-04-2021, 02:46 AM
  DTH Updates: Ishara TV added by Airtel Digital TV nairrk 0 105 03-03-2021, 07:48 AM