Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cable operators facing set-top box shortage as digitisation deadline approaches near
Advertisement
Five months before time runs out for homes across India's top four metros to switch to digital transmission to continue watching cable television, operators are battling short supply of set-top boxes as well as ignorance among consumers.

More than 60,000 set-top boxes need to be installed every day to enable an estimated 10 million homes across Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata to meet the deadline mandated by the government.

Tata Sky has also geared up to cash in on the opportunity. "Our billing and CRM systems handle millions of customers. These have been further scaled up to ensure error free service to many more millions of new subscribers who will join us in next few months," says chief executive officer and managing director Harit Nagpal. The company can install fresh connections within a day of receiving the order, he says.

Read the full article on: Economic Times
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
No zee hd in dish tv
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2012, 05:09 PM)Ganesh321 Wrote: No zee hd in dish tv

Ganesh321,
Try not to hijack threads on a particular topic. You can discuss or raise-up such issues in that particular DTH's section...
Regards,
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.. for tomorrow never comes.. live today!!!
Thanks given by:
Some of my friends have been taking this digitization order by the govt very lightly and have suggested that they shall consider their options sometime next year. I don’t think this is a good idea. The deadline is 30th June 2012 (esp for the four metro cities) and I see a big rush for buying STBs at the last moment. They may cause STB shortages and many people may miss out or get delayed installations. It would be much better that you get a stb right now maybe even move to a DTH service. You need to check who provides ease in the whole installation and subscription process also who has good offers that are beneficial. I have a Tata Sky connection and I am pretty satisfied with their service. Do make an informed choice, but make it right now. Don’t leave it for last minute.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DTH News: Is DTH more preferable over Cable? Rdev 1 912 02-13-2013, 04:50 PM
Last Post: srikanth26
  Tata Sky gearing up to meet demand post-digitisation IndianDTH 0 888 01-04-2013, 06:40 PM
Last Post: IndianDTH
  Tata Sky gearing up to meet demand post-digitisation IndianDTH 0 1,002 03-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Last Post: IndianDTH
  Update: Tata Sky to install Ethernet cable for Subscribers who have HDPVR w/o Ethernet cable Sathish 1 3,297 12-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Sathish