Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can a LCO revieve feeds from multiple MSO's
Advertisement
Hi Guys I just wanted to know can a LCO receive feeds from just one MSO or multiple MSO's
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Yes, they can... The cable operator in my area recieves feeds from Hathway as well as from digicable... Whenever some deal goes wrong or expires between the MSO and the channel, my cable operator uses the other feed to provide that channel. I am not sure if its legal but yes he does it
Thanks given by:
In Digital Cable He Can, But STB's Have To Be Changed...
In Analog [To Be Be Discontinued] It Was Happening Earlier, He Used To Change Input Line and Once He Does, Customer To Rescan Then He Used To Get Signals...
[Image: izvqcn.jpg]

wIcKeD mEnTaLiTy
Thanks given by:
So suppose in a particular city in digital cable a LCO receives feed from 2 MSO's Hathway and Digicable.
Both provide their services in
Freq:- 306 MHz
S/R:- 6900 Kb
QAM:- 64

So how does it work ??

Do the signals interfere with each other ??

Like I take hathway STB will I receive service of digicable or if I take digicable STB will I receive hathway service vice versa ???

Pls tell me guys.
Thanks given by:
Service Is Free You Can Tune, Most of The Operators Except InCable They Have ENCRYPTED The Services..

wIcKeD mEnTaLiTy
Thanks given by:
But still i cant understand the technical issue here.

If both MSO are broadcasting in the same frequency, symbol rate and qam how will the STB scan it. Will it get the services from both MSO.?

We will not take encryption here, we will say both MSO do not encrypt.

Now can someone explain me ???
Thanks given by:
It Cannot Happen... For That Go For Networking Classes Such As MCS [Microsoft] or CCN [Cisco]..

wIcKeD mEnTaLiTy
Thanks given by:
When i said that my cable operator recieves feed from different MSO's, I meant that he recieves it differently. He doesn't club both signals. The area which is under the license of my local cable operator is huge. He provides half the area with digi cable signals and half of the area with hathway signals. And when i said that he provides a particular channel from one MSO to the other MSO's feed, its completely on analogue basis,..
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cable ops to focus on multiple revenue streams; land grab phase over Sathish 0 1,016 10-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Sathish