Advertisement


Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
DB Corp plans to demerge FM radio biz from subsidiary
Advertisement
#1
MUMBAI: DB Corp said Thursday it plans to demerge its FM radio business from Synergy Media Entertainment, a subsidiary company.

Apart from My FM, SMEL is also engaged in providing services like multimedia solutions, CD presentations, recording studio, website development, television advertisements, video editing and digital photography.

DB Corp, which is focusing on organic growth in print editions, said its board will meet on 9 April to consider "restructuring proposals by demerger of FM radio business of Synergy Media Entertainment Ltd (SMEL) to the Company."

DB Corp owns 56.82 per cent stake in SMEL, while the other 43.18 per cent is owned by the promoter group.

SMEL operates MY FM in 17 stations in Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Indore, Bhopal, Gwalior, Udaipur, Ajmer, Surat, Bilaspur, Nagpur, Kota, Jabalpur, Raipur and Jodhpur.

DB Corp also said the board of directors would consider merger of Bhaskar Publications and Allied Industries with the company.

The Gwalior publication of Dainik Bhaskar is owned by Bhaskar Publications and Allied Industries.

Recently, DB Corp had announced its plans to launch editions of Dainik Bhaskar in Jammu, Jharkhand and Bihar.

The company's key publications Dainik Bhaskar (in Hindi), Divya Bhaskar and Saurashtra Samachar (in Gujarati) position DB Corp as one of the most widely read newspaper groups in India. It has presence in Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Haryana, Punjab, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi, Gujarat and Maharashtra.

DB Corp also has brands like Business Bhaskar, DNA (in Gujarat and Rajasthan on a franchisee basis) and DB Star.

Source: Indiantelevision.com

Reply
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Advertisement




Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: HT Media revamps Radio One Chennai nairrk 0 673 05-13-2019, 02:13 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Radio Mirchi expands footprint in US with launch in new cities nairrk 0 689 03-07-2019, 09:25 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: GTPL Hathway plans to launch hybrid STB nairrk 0 864 12-28-2018, 08:51 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Introducing Radio Connex - 'one of a kind' platform for Indian radio industry nairrk 0 755 09-11-2018, 09:13 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Radio Mirchi launches new station in Bharuch, eyes five more stations in Gujarat nairrk 0 877 08-06-2018, 02:55 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Radio Mirchi and CCC come together to promote entrepreneurship nairrk 0 829 07-27-2018, 12:36 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Radio Mirchi's new station in Akola gets soft launch nairrk 0 851 07-26-2018, 12:51 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Punjabi stars turn RJs for Radio Mirchi nairrk 0 730 07-24-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Radio One, Radio Nasha and Fever FM join forces nairrk 0 774 07-18-2018, 07:38 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: AIR launches multimedia web radio service in Odia language for diaspora nairrk 0 968 07-16-2018, 03:32 PM
Last Post: nairrk

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Advertisement