Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DTH News : Airtel Digital TV removes NFC charges; offers up to 12 months of long-term plans
Advertisement
While Sun Direct recently offered up to six months of long-term plans for its subscribers and waived off NFC on base packs, Airtel Digital TV is the latest one do the same. It has removed the extra Network Capacity Fee (NCF) on long-term plans, TelecomTalk reported. The company has removed Rs 153 NCF charges on its three, six and 12-month plans.

Additionally, the long-term plans are offered on a region basis, which includes Delhi, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and others. One can activate the desired plan from Top Ups section in My Airtel mobile app. To be specific, the three months subscription of AP Megapack for Telugu customers is Rs 819, the six months fee is Rs 1,638 and the annual subscription charge is Rs 3,276.

If Telugu customers are interested in in the monthly subscription, then they will have to spend Rs 273, the fee doesn’t include NCF charges. Notably, the company is still implementing these plans and customers will soon witness the plans in their account. “The DTH provider is still in the process of implementing these packs across all the regions,” the report stated.

Besides for smartphone users, Airtel recently announced its new prepaid mobile recharge plan of Rs 398 in India. The plan offers Airtel users high-speed internet daily data, unlimited voice calling and more. If users recharge with Rs 398 prepaid plan, they will get 1.5GB of daily 4G data, unlimited local, STD and roaming voice calls, coupled with 90 SMS each day.

This plan comes with a validity period of 70 days. Strangely, the telecom usually offers 100 SMS per day, but with Rs 398 plan, it is offering 90 SMS per day. Besides, Airtel’s one of the biggest rival Reliance Jio will reportedly speed up the 5G release by the second half of calendar 2020 in order to give Airtel and Vodafone tough competition.

Source:
Advertisement
Fak news

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Indian DTH Forums mobile app
Thanks given by:
I suppose there is nothing for Mumbai yet?

Also, NFC charges are removed but will they still provide 100 free channels or that would be chargeable?

Thanks given by:
(03-24-2019, 05:30 PM)mohit84 Wrote: I suppose there is nothing for Mumbai yet?

Also, NFC charges are removed but will they still provide 100 free channels or that would be chargeable?

Sent from my [device_name] using Indian DTH Forums mobile app

There is a minimum charge payable for the FTA channels. Also, believe the NCF charges are for pay channels which some of the Operators claim to have dropped.?
(03-24-2019, 06:58 PM)nairrk Wrote:
(03-24-2019, 05:30 PM)mohit84 Wrote: I suppose there is nothing for Mumbai yet?

Sent from my [device_name] using Indian DTH Forums mobile app

There is a minimum charge payable for the FTA channels. Also, believe the NCF charges are for pay channels which some of the Operators claim to have dropped.?
This is the answer that I got from the customer care:

Basis on your mail, we would like to inform that 100 Channels can be a combination of Free + Paid or only free or only paid also. This is as per your choice only. The only point here is that in case you opt for paid channels (within range of 100 channels) then he will be required to pay NCF of 100 channels i.e Rs.130/- + Paid channel cost + taxes and if the channel count increases from 100 then per 25 channels Rs. 20+taxes is added in the base NCF package.

Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update: Airtel Digital TV Channels List rahul1117_kumar 222 104,608 Yesterday, 10:53 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  DTH News: Airtel Digital TV offers new LG Smart TV users 6 months of free service nairrk 0 121 09-20-2019, 02:34 PM
  DTH News: Airtel Digital TV 'All Channels' Pack With Popular HD, SD Channels Launched.. nairrk 1 176 09-16-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: mohit84
  DTH Updates: Airtel Digital TV charging Rs 80 NCF for multi-TV connections: Report nairrk 1 135 09-14-2019, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Hassan Syed
  Update: Airtel Xstream Box available at discounted price to existing Digital TV users nairrk 1 177 09-09-2019, 06:10 PM
Last Post: yieldway17
  DTH Updates: Upgrade to Airtel Internet TV at Rs.2249/- nairrk 1 309 09-04-2019, 12:19 AM
  General News: General Discussion about Airtel Hassan Syed 10 567 09-03-2019, 10:36 PM
  Update: Airtel Internet TV new buyers will get free Netflix & Airtel Xstream app subscription nairrk 0 183 09-02-2019, 02:11 PM
  DTH Updates: Airtel could bundle free Android set-top-box and HD LED TV to counter JioFiber.. nairrk 0 294 08-22-2019, 01:38 PM
  Update: Airtel Internet TV now comes at Rs 2,269; bundled offer with Google Home Mini.. nairrk 4 323 08-19-2019, 01:26 PM