Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DTH News : I&B set to cancel licences of 2 MSOs
Advertisement
The ministry of information and broadcasting (I&B) is all set to take stern action against two leading multi service operators (MSOs) — InCable and DigiCable — for failing to sign the interconnect agreements with broadcasters over mandatory digitisation beginning November 1 across the four metros. As reported by FE, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) had given a deadline till August 21 to all MSOs to wind up these commercial agreements and report the status to Trai.

However, only WWIL (promoted by Zee), DEN and Hathway have signed agreements with major broadcasters within the deadline. Both DigiCable and InCable (promoted by Hinduja Group), however, have not managed to sign the agreements.

The I&B ministry’s actions may include, but not limited to suspension or cancellation of the cable distribution licence of these MSOs, imposition of financial penalty or initiation of criminal prosecution among others. FE had reported on Tuesday about the actions

-For more Click Here.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Cancel Train Ticket by Dialling 139: How It Works nairrk 0 626 05-01-2016, 11:13 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  Cancel registration of parties ABCD10 0 602 03-21-2015, 04:00 PM
Last Post: ABCD10
  Update: Zee's Bengali movie channel launch on 23 Sept - available on major DTH and MSOs waytobala 4 2,414 03-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Last Post: vinod j makwana
  Update: HRD Ministry seeks licences for 50 educational DTH channels waytobala 0 908 12-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Last Post: waytobala
  Update: Hathway joins forces with top MSOs to provide enhanced digital cable waytobala 0 986 09-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Last Post: waytobala
Information Help: Driving licences to be issued in Union of India’s name nairrk 0 1,119 07-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Last Post: nairrk