Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DTH News : My ADTV HD DVR
Advertisement
Guys i finally decide to go for ADTV HD DVR with all your recommendation and expert views.

It was infact very tough decision to make as after banging my headConfusedtoned:Confusedtoned:continual from last two month with ADTV CC, Technical Teams,High End official for availability or infact launch of 500 GB ADTV HD DVR.

Finally as i couldn't get any official statement or verdict from these guys on 500GB i decide to go for 320GB HD DVR ADDON which i got installed yesterday evening.

They used My SD connection dish and instaled a new lnb with 3 Feed (I try to post pics tomorrow).

Initial Views:-

a) Price Shown on Website for Addon is 4299 but its 5290 (4299 + 1000 rs activation Kit as new Connection) Again a very bad website info as doesn't mention on that page (WEBPAGE SS attached). Confusedtoned:Confusedtoned:
b) I booked it through dealer as CC said we take 5-7 days to install earlier it was 24-48 hours.:happy::happy:
c) It was fast from dealer end as once i paid they were ready at the same time install (though Installing engg and hardware comes from ADTV itself):happy::happy:
d) Installation took almost 35-40 min as issue i suppose was the signal for them (Dont know why as they were with all equipment) But anyways can understand as two wires were suppose come down to STB

e) Activation was very fast it got activated within 15 min after official call from Engg.:happy::happy:
f)SD Video quality is ok ok for me (It might be HDMI cable cant say i ll change and try today .It might be coz i have been seeing some better pictures ) SD audio is quite good (i can feel that seems crystal clear):happy::happy:
g) HD seems Awesome with Video and audio both (though i feel i cant see any info on screen of getting Dolby sound or 5.1 channel or anything else).:jump::jump::jump:
h) Remote is universal (Very good) but i feel guide button is too far (I might get habitual with that):reading::reading:

i) we can add i suppose 2-3 Favorite list but limitation is just 15 channels:bad looking::bad looking::bad looking:
j) HD channels are not listed in the series they can be found all thru genre rather going staright away one row number :bad looking::bad looking:
k) As my SD connection is value support so i am getting that as well as on HD along with HD channels for a month free
l) I will go for same Pack for next month i would charged 242 with SD + HD which i am getting
j) HD channels i m getting Movies Now,Star Gold,Star Plus,Colors,History,NGC HD ,Discovery HD,Star Movies,Star World
k) I used HD recording there is no issue with picture or audio in recorded programmes (I suppose epg is just for 3 days :reading:
l)UI is awesome and looks perfect (though i got issues that once channels selected thru menu the details of channels and programme doesn't fade automatically)

One more thing i tried that trick also once booked STB and then asked when i got call from ADTV engg "Come with latest box with 500GB" But in vain Confusedtoned:Confusedtoned: Never Mind

I ll keep posting my views:fishing:

:happy:IF YOU LIKE THEN DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THANKS
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Congratulations on your new purchase.!! Enjoy.!!
Thanks Nair Bro.

I planned my multi connection like this to get best subscription.

I upgraded my SD Value Sports to Economy Sports (203 channels at 255 rs. Month). Only left genre is English movies in it.

This will give me Economy Sports pack in my HD connection @ 160 rs./month So further i am planing to take 152 Rs super HD Plus + 60Rs English Plus. So in this way on my HD connection i will able to get almost all SD+ HD at 370Rs/Month.

Guys its the right calculation or i should rework on this.

Thanks given by:
(04-19-2012, 12:30 PM)Kanwar Wrote: Thanks Nair Bro.

I planned my multi connection like this to get best subscription.

I upgraded my SD Value Sports to Economy Sports (203 channels at 255 rs. Month). Only left genre is English movies in it.

This will give me Economy Sports pack in my HD connection @ 160 rs./month So further i am planing to take 152 Rs super HD Plus + 60Rs English Plus. So in this way on my HD connection i will able to get almost all SD+ HD at 370Rs/Month.

Guys its the right calculation or i should rework on this.

Unable to understand your calculation howcome 255rs package offered you in 160 rs.

Thanks given by:
Congo's Kanwar; Good to see that atlast you took your move... :jump:
I think it will take 2-3 months for you settle down and decide on a best suited and economical pack for you. As in my case, I have now opted for the least pack 169/Month - Two Language pack (south) took it for 6 month so getting some days extra i believe. And Just added the Super HD pack for 152Rs (totals 321/M) which gives me almost all genres which i like to have., especially Eng. Movies (Movies now HD and Satmovies HD) Hindi Movies (Zee Cinema HD and Stargold HD). Then the sports almost all are covered by Ten HD and ESS HD. I think since neo lost their bid with BCCI we can expect all cric action in ESS :happy:

So enjoy!! I think now you have both Dish and Airtel HD, and will be good to see a comparison in the genearal section... :up: regards,

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.. for tomorrow never comes.. live today!!!
Thanks given by:
Yup Bro AB you are right it will take some time for me to assess all . I am happy to get their Multiroom facility as that makes me save money and yes you are with multi room even by getting all genre and full HD i wont be crossing 350 which is real good amount to have all this.

Thanks given by:
I have heard that its suggestion to user not to keep on stb more than 8 hours otherwise DVR may face problem of over heat. The DVR have internal fans. Is it true? You cant keep STB on more than 8 hours.

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
It is not like 8 hours or so but continious usage may result in overheating because the STB do not have inbuilt fan (as in the case of SD Recorders which comes with built in fan). So you may have to arrange external fanning support if you are using the stb for long hours.
I have just Upgraded to HD DVR, however I am not able to configure the Favourites button as I had in my Old Airtel Set top box. The manual is completely useless. Can any body please suggest the right way of configuring the Four coloured buttons for Favourites channels.

Sunil
Thanks given by:
i suppose now 4 color wont work for Fav as these are used for genre audio etc. It provide special button for Fav which once you made you Fav channels selection works perfect
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DTH Updates: New Channels(1Sports & TV9 Bangla) added by ADTV nairrk 0 157 01-15-2021, 09:49 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  DTH Updates: Channels added by ADTV nairrk 0 486 12-18-2020, 02:38 PM
  DTH Updates: HBO, HBO HD & WB channels not available on ADTV nairrk 0 430 12-17-2020, 09:47 AM
  DTH Updates: Dil Punjabi (Ch.550) removed by ADTV nairrk 0 442 12-04-2020, 07:53 AM
  DTH Updates: Channels removed/not available on ADTV nairrk 0 292 12-03-2020, 01:55 PM
  DTH Updates: New Educational channels added by ADTV nairrk 0 412 11-23-2020, 07:58 AM
  Update: Sunday Super Sale on ADTV nairrk 67 14,068 11-22-2020, 07:51 AM
  DTH Updates: Change of Channel numbers on ADTV nairrk 0 451 11-13-2020, 09:20 AM
  DTH Updates: New Channels, AkashEduTv -JEE & Akash EduTv - NEET added by ADTV nairrk 1 622 11-08-2020, 09:49 AM
  DTH Updates: Malgudi days & Fitness studio Channel numbers shifted by ADTV nairrk 0 575 11-05-2020, 10:16 AM