Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DTH News : Reports of senior players retiring baseless
Advertisement
Team India issued a statement post their humiliating drubbing in Adelaide refuting retirement reports of Rahul Dravid: Not retiring just yetDravid and any of the other senior players.

Indian team media manager GS Walia read out the statement in the post-match press conference that said - "The team takes note of the stories in the media suggesting the imminent retirement of a member of the India team. We would like to clarify that situation by stating categorically that these are not correct and are baseless. There will be no further questions on this."

Stand-in-captain Virender Sehwag who was also part of the post-match briefing rejected the reports. “I don't think there is a need for retirement of any player in this team and they will take their call when they're needed and when they think their time is up.” said Sehwag.

On Friday, news agency PTI had reported that Dravid was likely to retire and that he was believed to have told some of his teammates that he had decided to hang his boots. The report was picked up by almost all Indian media outlets and quickly fuelled the rumours.

Source
:happy:IF YOU LIKE THEN DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THANKS
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Rahul Dravid has said that he has not made a decision on whether to retire or not. There had been reports in the media about Dravid's imminent retirement after the defeat in Adelaide, which prompted the Indian team management to issue a statement saying that none of the senior players were about to quit. That point was reiterated by the acting captain Virender Sehwag, and now Dravid has said there was no need to make decisions immediately.

"I am definitely nearer the end than the beginning, there is no doubt about that," Dravid told Channel Nine. "I haven't made any decision and there is no need to make any decisions now, we're not playing another Test match for seven to eight months so we'll see how it pans out. At my stage in my career it's always about taking it a series at a time and not looking too far ahead, so we'll see what happens."

.. More
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: ICC Introduces New Rules; Players Will be Sent Off for Misconduct nairrk 0 683 09-26-2017, 02:07 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Paris to stage 2024 Summer Olympics; Los Angeles gets 2028 edition: Reports nairrk 0 617 08-01-2017, 07:32 AM
  General News: Six Uncapped Players Named in Indian Hockey Squad for European Tour nairrk 0 837 07-29-2017, 09:35 AM
  Update: Kumble to stay on as India's head coach for West Indies series: Reports nairrk 0 720 06-13-2017, 10:17 AM
  General News: Zaheer Khan emerges as front-runner to become India's bowling coach: Reports rahul1117_kumar 0 531 07-11-2016, 11:57 PM
Last Post: rahul1117_kumar
  List of players sold in IPL 2015 auction nairrk 0 931 02-17-2015, 10:08 AM
  Breaking News: No Pakistan players in 2014 IPL auction rrk18 0 1,431 01-28-2014, 06:48 PM
Last Post: rrk18
  Update: Indian Premier League 2012 (IPL 5) Teams and Players List Sathish 2 2,460 04-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Kanwar
Information General News: BCCI bars players from SL Premier League nairrk 2 1,370 06-21-2011, 06:36 AM
Last Post: SRK
  Indian players angry on board decision for Pakistan India series Kanwar 0 1,167 04-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Kanwar