Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 2.72 Average
DTH News : Shah Rukh Khan returns to TV with a 'Zor Ka Jhatka'
Advertisement
MUMBAI: Superstar Shah Rukh Khan will once again grace the small screen by hosting the Indian edition of the globally popular hilarious game show 'WipeOut'.

Starting from early next year on Imagine TV, 'Zor Ka Jhatka' will have Khan taking 28 TV stars into the world's biggest obstacle course in Argentina to battle it out.

In this extremely competitive environment, SRK will challenge these contestants of all ages and varying fitness levels to a series of hilarious tasks and obstacles like jumping over moving obstacles, bouncing off big balls and dodging swinging pendulums hurled their way.

At stake would be a prize money worth Rs 1.5 crores, including a mega cash prize of Rs 50 lakhs for the winner of the finale.

And while the contestants sweat it out, the 45-year-old actor, known for his comic timing, sharp wit and clever dialogues, will provide his brand of extremely funny, witty and at times even a little nasty commentary on the proceedings.

"It promises to be a thrilling ride with lots of thrills and spills and I'm looking forward to being a super funny host-commentator. In fact my children and I have watched the international version often and really loved it," Khan said in a statement issued here today.

'Wipeout' is a popular international format game show that has been aired successfully across 22 countries including USA, UK and Australia . It will be shot on a one of its kind, massive obstacle course in Argentina.

"This is an exciting association for me on many levels...coming back to television, working with Sameer and Imagine once again and most importantly, because I'm doing something completely different from what I've done on television before," Khan said.

Sameer Nair, CEO of Turner General Entertainment Networks India Pvt Ltd, said, "the combination of a super star host, bizarrely challenging obstacles, enthusiastic and competitive contestants and a whole lot of bloopers will make this show a must watch, night after night."

The contestants on the show include Akashdeep Saigal, Bhakhtiyaar Irani, Claudia Ciesla , Dimpy Mahajan, Gaurav Chopraa, Payal Rohatgi and Raja Chaudhary.

Source: The Economic Times

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Shah Rukh Khan to Host Indian Version of 'Wipeout'

The popular Endemol format will debut in January on Turner-owned NDTV Imagine.

NEW DELHI -- Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan will host the Indian version of international game show Wipeout.

Produced by Endemol India, Zor Ka Jhatka (Hindi for A Big Shock) will unfurl in January on Turner-owned Hindi entertainment channel NDTV Imagine. The show's 28 contestants will compete for prize money worth 15 million rupees (about $3 million) including a cash prize of 5 million rupees for the eventual winner.
Wipeout airs in 22 countries and challenges contestants over offbeat and comical obstacle courses.

The show marks a return to television for Khan, who has previously hosted a season of the Indian version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?

“This is an exciting association for me on many levels... coming back to television... and most importantly, because I'm doing something completely different from what I've done on television before. It promises to be a thrilling ride with lots of thrills and spills and I'm looking forward to being a super funny host-commentator. In fact my children and I have watched the international version often and really loved it,” Khan, who began his acting career in the late Eighties with a popular TV series Fauji (Soldier), said in a statement.

“Wipeout has been a raging success in every country where it has been aired. At Endemol, we pride ourselves on creating cutting edge, wildly entertaining shows for television viewers in India," Endemol India MD Deepak Dhar added.

Source
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.. for tomorrow never comes.. live today!!!
Thanks given by:
so again sharukh so welcome sharukh
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Zee Cinema to premiere Salman Khan-starrer ‘Bharat’ on 20 Oct nairrk 0 203 10-17-2019, 11:01 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Zee Cinema to premiere Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Zero’ on 28 Jul nairrk 0 244 07-23-2019, 10:18 AM
  General News: Star Plus’ new show ‘Kahaan Hum, Kahaan Tum’ to mark Saif Ali Khan’s TV debut nairrk 0 325 05-08-2019, 06:57 PM
  General News: Zee Studios to release Punjabi film ‘Kala Shah Kala’ worldwide on 14 Feb nairrk 0 349 01-14-2019, 07:38 PM
  General News: Sony Max set to premiere ‘Fanney Khan’ on 18 Jan nairrk 0 356 01-14-2019, 07:27 PM
  General News: Zee Cinema adopts 360-degree marketing approach to promote ‘Fukrey Returns’ premiere nairrk 0 581 03-30-2018, 07:32 AM
  General News: Zee Classic to host all-day movie marathon ‘King Khan Festival’ on 2 Nov nairrk 0 647 10-31-2017, 07:34 AM
  General News: Star Gold to premiere Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ on 2 Oct nairrk 0 569 09-27-2017, 07:29 AM
  General News: Sony PIX to premiere Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Inferno’ on 24 Sep nairrk 0 525 09-22-2017, 07:30 AM
  General News: Sony Max to premiere Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Hindi Medium’ on 23 September nairrk 0 624 09-16-2017, 07:30 AM