Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DTH Updates : Bad reception during these monsoons
Advertisement
Hey Folks, I have been using the Tata Sky dth service from a couple of years and until the last monsoon everything was going right. Even during moderate to heavy rains, the reception used to go down but come right back up again even if it was raining outside. However, during these monsoons, the reception just keeps going down and keeps flickering in and out. Seems to be a considerable reduction is the signal strength.
When I run a 'signal test' the 'signal level:' keeps switching between 0 (no reception) and 147 (good reception) - while the BER: keeps changing all the time for eg. 5.1E-5, 3.5E-5, 2.8E-5 to some other values too). How this translates to the screen is the sound and picture keeps switching every 2 seconds between present and absent. Its really irritating. The helpdesk just says that the whole area is facing the problem and is unable to do anything (seems they have lost interest). Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks for your time and efforts. Regards.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
I have Airtel DTH, but during monsoons some channels like sony, colors, zee goes off completely but other channels like star sports hd etc hardly flickers......
Looks like its the signals of channels thru satellites that need to be corrected.
In other parts of the world, channels hardly flickers during monsson. Our channels beaming thru satellites are weak, I suppose so. Some says that signals will be better if you install a very big dish. Not only Tata Sky, even Videocon DTH channels suffer a lot during the monsoon. At present there is hardly anything we can do about it. Like me, I hear music on my Hi-Fi. The flicker of channels bugs me during monsoon. The dth people have to do something about it.

(07-13-2014, 03:00 PM)sudraja Wrote: Hey Folks, I have been using the Tata Sky dth service from a couple of years and until the last monsoon everything was going right. Even during moderate to heavy rains, the reception used to go down but come right back up again even if it was raining outside. However, during these monsoons, the reception just keeps going down and keeps flickering in and out. Seems to be a considerable reduction is the signal strength.
When I run a 'signal test' the 'signal level:' keeps switching between 0 (no reception) and 147 (good reception) - while the BER: keeps changing all the time for eg. 5.1E-5, 3.5E-5, 2.8E-5 to some other values too). How this translates to the screen is the sound and picture keeps switching every 2 seconds between present and absent. Its really irritating. The helpdesk just says that the whole area is facing the problem and is unable to do anything (seems they have lost interest). Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks for your time and efforts. Regards.

Thanks given by:
I use Videocon d2h 1000GB HD DVR with big dish 90cm.but during rain signal goes off & come after the stoppage of rain[/font]
Thanks given by:
All DTH has this rain outage problem and mostly goes off when the whether is bad and darkness around, not just rain.
Advertisement