Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DTH Updates : Other STB for In Digital
Advertisement
I'm looking to a buy a STB from China for my In Bangalore [ In Digital ] cable connection.

From what I have read I need to be HD MPEG4 DVB-C right ?

And it will work with a smart card issued by the Cable operator ?

Is there any way I can check if this Frq is compatible 330.00 MHz to 498.00MHz, and 64 QAM and 6900 MSPS.

Any suggestion for STB brands other then Xcruiser
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Hi Ashish,
Yes you are right, you will need a MPEG DVB-C standard (Digital Video Broadcast-Cable) set-top box. MPEG2 signals are used by cable networks currently, but MPEG4 stb is backward compatible with MPEG2 signals and future-proof to an extent, so having MPEG4 is good.

InDigital signals are DVB-C non-encrypted (free-to-air) as per my knowledge. So any DVB-C stb will work. It commonly accepts frequencies from VLF band 47 MHz to UHF 862 MHz and QAM, Symbol Rate can be manually input.

Importing Stb from China sellers might be costly due to current dollar rates and customs duty etc.

A friend of mine was in a similar situation as yours. Luckily I told him to use the internal DVB-C/T Tuner of his Samsung EH5000 LED TV and now he does not even need a Stb for digital cable. The coaxial wire is just plugged into TV and works great.
Thanks given by:
There are many STB brands Humax, Kaon, etc available in DVB-C. Plus I have seen a Triple Tuner DVB-S/C/T box also.

Try sourcing the stb from your local markets first. Refer User Manuals for Technical Specifications if possible before buying.

People with InDigital Cable are lucky to have Non-encrypted digital signals which works well with any other box with/without card.
Hathway has DVB-C NDS Videoguard encrypted signals, so that does not give flexibility to change stb.
Thanks given by:
Thumbs Up 
Hello Vinay !

I really Appreciate you in helping me. Thank you.

Well now they have added a smart card feature which mean that a smart card is compulsory to view most channels. A Rupee or $ symbol appears next to the channels. So I'm very skeptical about it working on my LED TV.

But I did try it on my Samsung LED TV which came with digital tuner, but no luck. Can help with the setup ???

I wanna buy the STB with HD support. Local market as in SP Road, in Bangalore ?
Thanks given by:
Ahh! I was not aware about this recent development of encryption smart card.

In that case trying to use existing smart card in box obtained from outside the cable office may not work, because many times the card-stb are paired. Also encrypted DVB-C signals will not work on Samsung LED TV tuners because they need only clear signals (fta).

Then while buying new stb from outside, you have to check encryption standard also such that it matches the network signals. Next card data has to be punched by cable operator.

Local cable operators disallow or do not co-operate much for hardware bought from outside because it may not be having features that they need for querying, blocking certain channels etc.
Thanks given by:
Yes you can check SP Road or any major electronics mkt.
For me even I hunted for MPEG4 HD DVB-C here some time back without any success.

Online there are many MPEG4 DVB-C HD stbs available on AliExpress, Alibaba, DHGate etc. But compatibility is a concern and you need to consult and confirm about its use with your Local Cable Operator.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update: Kerala Digital Vision - Channel List nairrk 3 6,620 09-28-2020, 01:50 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Radio City launches digital radio station in Bhojpuri nairrk 0 712 05-25-2018, 11:50 AM
  General News: IndiaCast issues disconnection notice to Hathway Digital nairrk 2 932 05-04-2018, 11:33 AM
  General News: Big FM to provide digital-first programmatic solution for advertisers nairrk 0 759 03-28-2018, 06:33 PM
  General News: TRAI in favour of allowing private sector to provide digital radio services.. nairrk 0 837 02-02-2018, 07:42 AM
  General News: BIG FM goes digital with Webisodes of Benadryl Big Golden Voice nairrk 0 760 01-04-2018, 01:57 PM
  General News: Radio City extends digital reach with Punjabi station nairrk 0 887 10-12-2017, 02:47 PM
  General News: Arasu digital STB costs Rs 200, govt alerts subs nairrk 0 1,144 10-05-2017, 09:09 AM
  General News: Cable operators who worked with Arasu, Sumangali 'blocking' new digital players.. nairrk 0 1,003 09-12-2017, 10:32 AM
  Update: Arasu Cable enters digital era, subscribers to get free set-top boxes nairrk 0 920 09-02-2017, 09:17 AM