Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 3.05 Average
DTH Updates : Tips n' Tricks of Openbox S9 HD PVR
Advertisement
Q: Looking for the satellite list so you can jump to another satellite while watching TV?

A: The “zoom” button on the remote control brings up the list.

Q: Pause and timeshift doesn’t work?

A: Be sure you have a HDD plugged in then enable the feature with your remote like this: MENU > DVR CONFIGURATION > switch timeshift to ON.

Q: Improve your picture (HDTV’s only)

A: MENU > TV SYSTEM > switch video out to YUV. You can also set video resolution on this screen. Set to match your native HDTV resolution.

Q: "Moving Dish" message getting annoying?

A: If you selected a satellite to move to while watching TV you'll notice the Moving Dish message stays up until it arrives. You can push the EXIT button and select another channel from your list. The OpenBox S9 will continue to move the motor to your selected satellite.

Q: The OpenBox won't timeshift or record HD but does SD fine.

A: This is disabled automatically if you have a very small flash drive or HDD. HD H264 recording takes about 200Mb per minute vs 20Mb a minute for SD. Upgrade to a bigger HDD for HD recording.

Q: Do a lot of feed-hunting but find deleting old ones to be a pain?

A: Make yourself a master channel list of what you want by default. Save this on the HDD you use for the OpenBox PVR. To clear out the old feeds, load your channel list, shut off with remote for 10 seconds and turn back on. Everything is cleared but your default list.

Have a tip or trick for your OpenBox S9? Please do share them here.

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
(05-01-2011, 11:42 AM)Sathish Wrote:
Q: Looking for the satellite list so you can jump to another satellite while watching TV?

A: The “zoom” button on the remote control brings up the list.

Q: Pause and timeshift doesn’t work?

A: Be sure you have a HDD plugged in then enable the feature with your remote like this: MENU > DVR CONFIGURATION > switch timeshift to ON.

Q: Improve your picture (HDTV’s only)

A: MENU > TV SYSTEM > switch video out to YUV. You can also set video resolution on this screen. Set to match your native HDTV resolution.

Q: "Moving Dish" message getting annoying?

A: If you selected a satellite to move to while watching TV you'll notice the Moving Dish message stays up until it arrives. You can push the EXIT button and select another channel from your list. The OpenBox S9 will continue to move the motor to your selected satellite.

Q: The OpenBox won't timeshift or record HD but does SD fine.

A: This is disabled automatically if you have a very small flash drive or HDD. HD H264 recording takes about 200Mb per minute vs 20Mb a minute for SD. Upgrade to a bigger HDD for HD recording.

Q: Do a lot of feed-hunting but find deleting old ones to be a pain?

A: Make yourself a master channel list of what you want by default. Save this on the HDD you use for the OpenBox PVR. To clear out the old feeds, load your channel list, shut off with remote for 10 seconds and turn back on. Everything is cleared but your default list.

Have a tip or trick for your OpenBox S9? Please do share them here.

Hi Admin,
Kindly can you provide me with steps as how to run DISHTV HD on a dreambox HD receiver.

Thanking you in advance

Thanks given by:
DISH TV VC Is Paired With Their Box... Cant Be Used.. TRY With Some CAM Modules...
[Image: izvqcn.jpg]

wIcKeD mEnTaLiTy
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DTH News: Openbox S9 HD PVR Firmware Updates Sathish 14 28,439 03-31-2017, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Viju.I
  Help: i want to sell my openbox a7g hd. v.good condition condit 3 2,630 10-31-2015, 09:05 PM
Last Post: satfan
  help me friends i need openbox x5 or s10 chemselvakumar 0 1,502 12-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Last Post: chemselvakumar
  Openbox S10 catches the low quality signals GIRI PHOTOG 4 3,568 09-19-2012, 07:13 AM
Last Post: GIRI PHOTOG
  Breaking News: My new Openbox S10 GIRI PHOTOG 7 2,993 03-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Last Post: destinyawaits
  DTH News: Openbox S10 HD PVR Firmware Updates Sathish 3 7,315 01-28-2012, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Kanwar
  General News: Screenshots of my new Openbox S9 HD PVR Receiver Sathish 18 15,414 12-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Last Post: ashahzad_pk
  Breaking News: Openbox S9 HD New Firmware 20-10-10 Kanwar 1 5,569 09-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Last Post: kiong98
  DTH News: Check if your Openbox box is Original or Clone Sathish 0 3,413 09-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Sathish
  General News: Openbox S9 HD PVR Specifications Sathish 13 10,592 06-04-2011, 06:34 AM
Last Post: kashaju