Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 3.28 Average
Details about DREAMBOX !!
Advertisement

Produced by German company named DREAM MULTIMEDIA, the Dreambox is a Linux operating system powered Universal STB that can be used for FTA and Pay TV reception of DVB satellite, terrestrial and digital Cable TV !

Originally, it was a proprietary design for KirchMedia for their pay TV service, which went bankrupt, resulting in a flood of unsold boxes available in the open market.

Its firmware is officially user-upgradable, since it is a Linux-based computer. All units support their own DreamCrypt CA with software-emulated CA Modules (CAMs) available for many alternate CA systems. Due to the popularity of the oirginal Dreambox and its capability to be used with most CAS systems, several models of DreamBox have been produced, including advanced versions with PVR or HDTV reception capability.

Some very interesting features of Dreamboxes include:

1. The Dreambox can run unofficial third-party conditional access software modules (CAMs or emulators). These are widely circulated on the Internet & emulate the CA systems developed by VideoGuard, Irdeto Access, Conax, Nagravision, Viaccess and other proprietary vendors. Many Dreambox owners use these softcams in conjunction with card sharing software to access pay TV services without a subscription card inserted in every connected box. This is ofcourse illegal in most countries including India.

2. The built-in Ethernet interface allows networked computers to access the recordings on the internal hard disks on the PVR Dreambox models. These programs can therefore be stored on remote computers, and circulated - a feature that no other commercial PVR permits.

The stored DVB MPEG transport streams can even be broadcast as IPTV to VideoLAN and XBMC Media Center clients.

Unlike most PC based PVR systems that work with only Free-To-Air content, the built-in (software based) conditional access modules allow receiving, storing & distributing encrypted content!

Some Dreambox models now also offer a USB interface.

In India there have been varied reports on whether the Dreambox can be used to 'crack' the encryption of Indian DTH platforms. There are conflicting views and reports on this.

There are several sites & forums on the internet, dedicated to the Dreambox, and its various hacks, such as http://www.dreambox4u.com

Regret we are not aware of where you can buy a Dreambox in Bangkok or India. You could explore the Internet, and have it shipped to you.

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
but still question remains un answered that will this work with the dish tv card or tata sky or sun direct as per my knowledge no DTH allow any other stb access to their content even if u have to change the old stb even then will do the re registration of the stb
:happy:IF YOU LIKE THEN DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THANKS
Thanks given by:
Any of the smart cards of Indian DTH services (Dish TV or Tata Sky or Sun Direct or so on) will not work with Dreambox as the cards are paired with the boxes.
Thanks given by:
(07-23-2010, 02:48 PM)roxy2642 Wrote: but still question remains un answered that will this work with the dish tv card or tata sky or sun direct as per my knowledge no DTH allow any other stb access to their content even if u have to change the old stb even then will do the re registration of the stb

In BIG TV u can use any STB of them .they r working but the official registration with the other STB will be legalized little later about 1 week time. i had changed my BIG TV STB and worked in the other STB ie: 1st was STB 2 it was hanging problems as all know.they changed me to STB 1 and it worked without any problem.no other providers r allowing this.as Mr.Sathish told all other DTH STBs r paired with the original during the installation .BIG TV is pairing their VC with all off their STB models but in case of others they r doing this with single STB number.
Thanks given by:
(07-23-2010, 07:33 PM)Mr.Bhat Wrote:
(07-23-2010, 02:48 PM)roxy2642 Wrote: but still question remains un answered that will this work with the dish tv card or tata sky or sun direct as per my knowledge no DTH allow any other stb access to their content even if u have to change the old stb even then will do the re registration of the stb

In BIG TV u can use any STB of them .they r working but the official registration with the other STB will be legalized little later about 1 week time. i had changed my BIG TV STB and worked in the other STB ie: 1st was STB 2 it was hanging problems as all know.they changed me to STB 1 and it worked without any problem.no other providers r allowing this.as Mr.Sathish told all other DTH STBs r paired with the original during the installation .BIG TV is pairing their VC with all off their STB models but in case of others they r doing this with single STB number.

did this mean that with Big Tv u can use Dreambox or any other CA STB ?
Thanks given by:
See friend i can say exactly about viewing the BIG TV channels in DREAMBOX.but most of the Dreambox users are using card sharing method to watch most of the pay channels.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Mr Bhat for your response. U got Chinese made Dreambox or original from Germany. Whats the approx cost for it. And importantly is really a right solution for HD/DVR/DVD/FM/Internet/USB or Not.
Thanks given by:
No yaar Sad i have no Dreambox .but Mr.Sathish have 1.just now he purchased .
As far as ur query the Dreambox has lot of solutions.
Thanks given by:
Yes I have recently bought Dreambox 500s Clone (China made) from online (Alibaba.com). The price at which i bought was $78 includes shipping charges.

Its really a very good solution for HD/DVR/DVD/FM/Internet/USB. If you are planning to get one, then please go for Dreambox 800HD. Its price is around $170 + $45 or $50 for shipping charges.

I would recommend you get all your quires sorted out first from them and get all the details. Then decided whether to buy or not.
Thanks given by:
(07-24-2010, 05:57 PM)Sathish Wrote: Yes I have recently bought Dreambox 500s Clone (China made) from online (Alibaba.com). The price at which i bought was $78 includes shipping charges.

Its really a very good solution for HD/DVR/DVD/FM/Internet/USB. If you are planning to get one, then please go for Dreambox 800HD. Its price is around $170 + $45 or $50 for shipping charges.

I would recommend you get all your quires sorted out first from them and get all the details. Then decided whether to buy or not.

Thanks bro. well as far as getting it from Germany or cloned from Korea or China is not a hassel for me as i am in International business from last 10yrs and dealing with all these countries.

Even i am intouch with one of the factory based in China and convincing them to customize it for me and i am actually eying at dreambox Hd 8000 DVR which has below written features:-

a)Hard Disk 320gb
b) DVD Player/blue ray player
c) 2 Card Reader (All Cards reader)
d) HDMI
e) FM
f) MPEG -4
g) FULL HD & SD
h) AUTOMATIC Satellite and channel scan (Blind scan)
i) USB to play Movies and Jpeg and record (E sata drive slot)
j) Modem to play internet
k) Software upgradable
j) Wifi USB wifi Support
k) DVB S2
j) FTA
k) C Band capable

But the only big question is in my mind is the reading of cards from Sun Direct or Dish Tv or Airtel (as i am having all these here and there). For Dish and Airtel i ll use upgrade and will get HD.

But i suppose pairing can not be made i dont know pairing is done in abroad with card and stb or not coz dreambox works everywhere.

Anyways i suppose satsh bhai will give better info in this regards. Once i will get convinced that dreambox can work in all cards (as per my supplier it works for all encryption . Only pairing is the question ??????????
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update: SOLID HDS2 2100 MPEG4 DVB-S2 HD 1080p Satellite Receiver with USB PVR stb details vinay_kumar 12 13,955 08-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Last Post: arvindindia2010
  Dreambox 500 HD Satellite Receiver (Original) Sathish 1 5,421 06-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Hiteshmori
  Dreambox 800 HD PVR Satellite Receiver (Original) Sathish 5 9,413 10-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Last Post: jag_chennai
  IDF Exclusive: Need dreambox 800 channel settings bluff master 5 2,759 09-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Last Post: bluff master
  General News: Dreambox 800 HD PVR Kanwar 12 8,740 04-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Last Post: Kanwar
  Dreambox 500+ (Original) Sathish 3 4,914 10-19-2011, 12:08 AM
Last Post: ambrish
  Difference between Dreambox 500s Original and Clone Sathish 1 14,634 10-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Last Post: ambrish
  Dreambox Features SRK 2 3,678 12-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Last Post: SRK
  Snaps of DREAMBOX 7000S Mr.Bhat 11 5,036 09-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Kanwar
  Dreambox 7025+ Satellite Receiver (Original) Sathish 2 4,107 07-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Sathish