Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digicable HD Settop Box
Advertisement
Hi,

I recently got a HDTV from US that supports only NTSC. I came to know few providers like airtel tv and sun tv supports NTSC as well. In my area local cable provider is offering Digicable HD Set Top Box. Can anyone have the specification for the same? Do you know whether that will support my TV from US if I connect the TV using VGA cable?

Thanks
Subha
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Hi Subhadip, Welcome to IndianDTH Forums (IDF)

In India, most of the digital cable set-top boxes from DigiCable, SitiDigital and Hathway have Video output in PAL colour system as a standard specification in SD (Standard Definition), but no need to worry in HD.

First try using the HDMI cable... as viewing VGA resolution pictures on TV will defeat the purpose of having an HD TV Smile

There are PAL to NTSC converters available, you can try that as a last resort if things do not work. Can you let me know what video inputs/output connectors does your TV and set-top box have?

Thanks given by:
Yes PAL and NTSC are standards for SD (Standard Definition). So if you connect the HDMI output of set-top box and HDMI input of the TV, then there is no need to worry about the PAL / NTSC system at all as HD is not connected with them.

So do not buy anything extra, use the HDMI cable only that came with the TV and it should work perfectly.

Thanks given by:
Hi Vinay,

Thank you for your response. I need to know one more thing. Do you know the HD STB from Digicable have the option of HDMI or VGA or both?

Do you know any model number so that I can check the specification for the same.

Thanks
Subha

(08-05-2012, 09:03 PM)vinay_kumar Wrote: Hi Subhadip, Welcome to IndianDTH Forums (IDF)

In India, most of the digital cable set-top boxes from DigiCable, SitiDigital and Hathway have Video output in PAL colour system as a standard specification in SD (Standard Definition), but no need to worry in HD.

First try using the HDMI cable... as viewing VGA resolution pictures on TV will defeat the purpose of having an HD TV Smile

There are PAL to NTSC converters available, you can try that as a last resort if things do not work. Can you let me know what video inputs/output connectors does your TV and set-top box have?

Thanks given by:
(08-06-2012, 09:56 PM)subhadip_kumar Wrote: Hi Vinay,
Thank you for your response. I need to know one more thing. Do you know the HD STB from Digicable have the option of HDMI or VGA or both?
Do you know any model number so that I can check the specification for the same.

All HD STBs from Digicable have HDMI Out, but no VGA Out.
I do not know any model number, you can check with your local Digicable operator.

Thanks given by:
Thanks Vinay..It worked for me with Digicable..
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help: digicable hd set top box mkbhd 0 1,211 09-12-2016, 02:29 PM
Last Post: mkbhd