Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Drinking tea to treat diabetes?
Advertisement
London
You could soon be able to control your blood sugar levels by sipping African tea, if researchers are to be believed.

A team in Denmark is attempting to develop a treatment for type-2 diabetics with the help of a special African tea - it is produced from the extract of Rauvolfia Vomitoria leaves and the fruit of Citrus aurantium.

The researchers have recently completed a four-month long clinical test on 23 patients with type-2 diabetes and are more than satisfied with the result.

"The research subjects drank 750 ml of tea each day. The (tea) appears to differentiate itself from other current type-2 diabetes treatments because the tea does not initially affect the sugar content of the blood."

"But after four months of treatment with tea we can, however see a significant increase in glucose tolerance," said lead researcher Joan Campbell- Tofte of Copenhagen University.
[Image: Tea.jpg]
In fact, according to the researchers, the tests show another pattern in the changes in fatty acid composition with the patients treated with tea in comparison with the placebo group.

"In the patient group who drank the tea, the number of polyunsaturated fatty acids increased. That is good for the body's cells because the polyunsaturated fat causes the cell membranes to be more permeable, which results in the cells absorbing glucose better from the blood," Tofte said.

The team has previously tested the tea from Nigeria on genetically diabetic mice. The results howed that after six weeks of daily treatment with the African tea, combined with a low-fat diet, resulted in changes in combination and amount of fat in the animals'eyes and protection of fragile pancreas of the mice.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
thank you Bhat :happy:
Thanks given by:
One more thing
Drinking Black Tea every Day is very good for Heart ....
I am drinking because i like only tea than Coffee
And also my heart is healthier
U friends also try if u like to have Tea...
கந்தல் ஆனாலும் தாய் மடி போல் ஒரு சுகம் வருமா.....வருமா...
சொர்க்கம் சென்றாலும் சொந்த ஊர் போல் சுதந்திரம் வருமா.... வருமா ...
Thanks given by:
(05-15-2009, 04:14 PM)arajapandi Wrote: thank you Bhat :happy:

u r welcome raja,i was used to drink sugarless tea.but one docter said drink with sugar .so i did.but now i am drinking coffee:happy:
Thanks given by:
but compared to Tea, coffee is not good for health. am correct ?
Thanks given by:
yes, but ???????????????????Confusedtoned:Confusedtoned:
Thanks given by:
(05-15-2009, 10:18 PM)arajapandi Wrote: but compared to Tea, coffee is not good for health. am correct ?

Yes
Really coffee may be tastes better
But not good
As it contains some chemicals called caffeine
That is not good for health
That chemical gives freshness and makes our brain active within some seconds of taking in coffee
But excess of caffeine results in Danger to our health
High coffee consumption (more than three cups per day for years) increases loss of bone mineral density. Caffeine is a mild diuretic, speeding up the urination cycle, but "steals" calcium which is lost through urine. Long term, heavy caffeine use leads to a rapid development of osteoporosis. (Abnormal loss of bony tissue resulting in fragile porous bones attributable to a lack of calcium)
கந்தல் ஆனாலும் தாய் மடி போல் ஒரு சுகம் வருமா.....வருமா...
சொர்க்கம் சென்றாலும் சொந்த ஊர் போல் சுதந்திரம் வருமா.... வருமா ...
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Help: Now, an injection to get rid of obesity and diabetes nairrk 0 715 03-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  Help: Breast Cancer Patients With Diabetes Need Better Care Mr.AB 0 666 01-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Mr.AB
Information Help: A Glass of red Wine a day can treat Diabetes nairrk 0 750 11-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Question Help: How to combat Diabetes!!?? nairrk 0 648 11-15-2010, 06:19 PM
  Drinking a jug of beer in 4 seconds Sathish 1 564 11-11-2010, 04:50 PM
  Help: Sodas, Bverages linked to Diabetes Risk.... nairrk 0 595 10-28-2010, 03:33 PM
  Diabetes drug may cause heart attack Mr.Bhat 1 966 03-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Arjun
  7 Health benefits of drinking water senthilm4u 0 1,098 08-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Last Post: senthilm4u
  Insufficient sleep may up diabetes risk Mr.Bhat 0 750 08-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Mr.Bhat
  Soon, drug that may make diabetes jabs history Mr.Bhat 0 796 08-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Mr.Bhat