Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.78 Average
FTA channels from DTH Videocon decorder
Advertisement
FTA channels from DTH Videocon decoder 100% WORKING, I checked this using my decoder following details

This will help u all and its very simple method,

Videocon D2H - Installation and Tuning FTA Channels

After reading technical Review of Videocon d2h Review By ShaswatPatel.com, we are sharing a guide to watch FTA Channels on Videocon D2H. The TRAI regulations under which the DTH licenses requires that the STB be of open standards and should not be blocked and be allowed to view the services of any other operator or services of Doordarshan after the end of subscription period, Unless it is given under a rental scheme or the customer has moneys due to the operator. We know from experience that none of the other operators actually follow this rule and do everything possible to stop the customer from viewing anything by blocking the STB's. Let us see if D2H is any better in this regard.

D2H gives you proper bill for your STB on purchase, I was surprised to see the box actually working without inserting the card, It asks for the card only when it finds a scrambled channel. So decided to connect it to my DD-Direct+ dish and gave it a go. All i needed was to go to the Box settings-satellite management menu and add a satellite. It was pretty easy, Just click the Add satellite button and this screen comes up.

However you need to do some mathematics for adding c-band channels, The box has no auto-scan feature, also selecting the LBN type as c-band makes no difference. The box is not designed to scan the c-band IF range or it has some software bug, stopping it from scanning c-band TP's. So the old tried and tested method needs to be used. Let us say we want to add Luxe-tv from Asiasat-5, one of my favorite channels.

Well the frequencies to add is

TP - 4000
SR - 28125
FEC - 3/4
POLARITY - H

Adding these values after selecting the LNB type as c-band wont bring any signal, But do this if you want to add this channel

First subtract the TP frequency from 5150, I.E the lo frequency of c-band, you get

5150 -4000 = 1150

Now add this value to 9750, i.e., 9750 + 1150 = 10900

Now select LNB type as universal and add this value as TP frequency, Just that since the box fails to do high side injection for c-band and find IF values, we do it manually and tell it how to find the IF now, scan the TP, note that there is no need to change SR and FEC values, they are same.

Notice: If you are newbie in DTH boxes then it’s not advisable to do it without help of experts.

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Use disq switch to add extra satellite

Go to -> Menu -> Setup -> Installation -> Enter installation code (1234) -> Box settings -> Satellite management -> Enter advance settings password (4th, 6th, 8th and 10th digits of your VC CARD number)

Press yellow key on your remote (ADD SAT option in satellite management)

Enter sat name or simply press ok

Make sure that LNB type is universal, LNB power is ON, 22khz on and select proper diseqC switch position (disceqc2)

Scroll down to transponders and press ok to EDIT TP

Save satellite settings and press yellow key remote (ADD TO option on transponder edition)

Enter the frequency xxxxx and press ok

select polarization to V OR H ,FEC to ALL,enter symbol rate XXXXX and save the settings you have entered.

check for signal strength and scan the satellite.

NOW YOU WILL BE ALSO ABLE TO SEE ALL THE FTA CHANNELS AVAILABLE ON THE SATELLITE OF 2nd DISH.

For frequencies and symbol rates go Lyngsat website http://www.satbeams.com and http://www.lyngsat.com/
Thanks given by:
Dear warunasat, I would like to purchase an mpeg4 fta satellite receiver. The beetel mpeg4 satellite receiver purchased earlier is having some software problem. so it will not work well. If we can use viceocon receiver as fta receiver, it is better to purchase it because the price is less. Here i want to know whether any software is added by the videocon dth providers to block fta channels recentky please check the same and inform me.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Use Your Videocon D2H STB as FTA Receiver mayu 22 54,714 12-01-2016, 01:20 PM
Last Post: marrypeter
  Update: Complete List of True HD channels available in Indian DTH Services Sathish 37 35,143 02-24-2016, 06:04 PM
Last Post: shinystar
Question Help: Please help!-Is Airtel dth HD user interface better than Videocon d2h user interface? karthik48 0 1,134 07-10-2015, 03:45 PM
Last Post: karthik48
  DTH Updates: DD Kisan available on DD Free Dish, Tata Sky, Dish TV and Videocon D2H Sathish 0 8,148 05-25-2015, 07:31 AM
Last Post: Sathish
  Help: Will videocon d2h and dishtv give rs 179 pack Nitin53g 0 2,065 04-11-2015, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Nitin53g
  DAN TAMIL OLI & DAN MUSIC CHANNELS RESUMED.... Raja_Kumar 0 1,250 02-05-2015, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Raja_Kumar
Tongue IDF Exclusive: Which is the best in Picture Quality,AIRTEL HD vs VIDEOCON HD mnaseer999 23 8,057 01-20-2015, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Vicky M@hajan
Smile DTH TRICKS! (Videocon D2H DVR) MAX 15 54,087 12-27-2014, 08:44 PM
Last Post: S.C.Pandaa
  IDF Exclusive: sund dish antenna and LNB + videocon stb possible? hgihwaystr86 6 4,911 10-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Last Post: sivi2680
  Update: List of channels added from Indian DTH Platform in 2014 Sathish 29 8,489 08-14-2014, 01:27 PM
Last Post: sam16