Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fedup of TataSky !
Advertisement
I've been with Tatasky since their inception. I've been waiting since a year for them to add more HD channels like all of you. My binneal Mega subscription expires next month, and I'm exploring options, I like D2H, it comes out to be cheaper and double HD content to Tsky. But I seems to stuck with Tsky as I got two HD-DVRs which I do not want to re-invest in for another service provider, I asked D2H, they dont seem to have any cross-migration offers. I know there are others here who feel the same as me. I wrote an email to tatasky helpline (copy below along with their vague response). It shows that they do not have any immediate plans to add HD content which is very sad.

-----------------
Hi, my binneal subscription is set to expire next month, pls see statement attached. I got couple of queries:

1. I'm fed up of waiting for you guys to add more HD channels, can I have some concerted date if you guys really are planning to add more HD content? I can get double the HD content with d2h at least 30% cheaper, my question is why should I as a loyal Tatasky subscriber shall not migrate?

2. Why have you done away with binneal HD package?

Rgds,
-------------
Greetings from Tata Sky. Thank you for writing to us.

This is with reference to your email dated: 18/08/2013 with Service Request reference Number: 1-2237074xxxx requesting to launch more HD Channels.

We understand from our records that you are indeed very keen to watch more HD Channels, as you had contacted us multiple times enquiring about the same.

We will make sure that your interest on the channel is accepted as a great piece of information. Taking this into consideration and based on the subscribers interest we try and assess how we can offer the channel on Tata Sky Platform.

We would like to inform you that your request to increase more channels is been forwarded to the concerned department, we regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

We continue to work in the best interest of our subscribers and will make all efforts possible to improve our services.

In future if the channels are available the information will be updated on the website and the same would appear as an alert on your TV screen.

For any further assistance, please feel free to write to us at help@tatasky.com. You also have the option of calling our helpline numbers mentioned below:

All Lines (except MTNL): 1860 500 6633
MTNL – Mumbai / Delhi: 1860 425 6633

Please also avail of our online chat support to by logging on to www.mytatasky.com 24/7.

Thank you for your valuable association with us. Assuring you of our best services at all times.

Warm Regards,
Tata Sky Customer Care.

[THREAD ID:1-AA3LJET]
------------
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Please wait for few more months. Once this MPEG4 migration process completes, they will definitely add channels.

Some of my friends moved away from Tata(Sky to D2H and ADTV, their reason was same as yours. Now all of them returned back to TS as they were not satisfied by the quality of D2H & ADTV.

Update- Tweeted to Mr.Harit Nagpal about this. Let me see what he says.
Thanks given by:
Don't think they ever give a proper response. We subscribe to their mega packs thinking we will be covered for the new channels as and when they arrive, sadly we end up paying much more that what we actually consume. I just watch HD channels, and thus only 2 or 3 channels yet I'm a mega pack subscriber, thanks to their policies !

I initially went with them chucking out then glaxzee or zee for their SKY name, I also like their customer response time, but what good is a service when their is hardly anything to consume ?

It gets difficult for us to migrate as we are tied up with encrypted set top boxes, the service providers are scared to launch a cross migration plan, they are scared that their USP of gluing the customer with the box will be defeated.

Btw, what were the issues your friend faced with D2H?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Thanks given by:
Tata Sky is the best. They will definitely add more channels as they are shfting to MPEG4.
Try and spread the message of happiness and peace everywhere:happy:
Thanks given by:
Waiting for the revival of TS is not the best idea. We watch the channels during leisure time, and it should be available as and when needed. Even with mpeg4 compression tech. they will be left with 12TP's same as videocon and ADTV.

If i were you; i would have thrown off the stb's and join other provider, which gives the best content. At the end of the day, we get the best entertainment package today..... waiting for it till tomorrow doesnt make any sense to me.....Big Grin

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 4
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.. for tomorrow never comes.. live today!!!
Thanks given by:
I agree to the enough with the waiting part, we have waited long enough while gladly paying the premium. But at the same time throwing away two HD-PVR and investing in new is painful. One of my HD-PVR was just bought last year. Sad

Besides this, I also face reception issues specially with HD channel when it rains, like for instance its raining since yesterday here in kolkata, and I dont have HD, even SD is like jittery. How is it with you guys ?
Thanks given by:
(08-20-2013, 10:59 AM)vbhoj74 Wrote: I agree to the enough with the waiting part, we have waited long enough while gladly paying the premium. But at the same time throwing away two HD-PVR and investing in new is painful. One of my HD-PVR was just bought last year. Sad

Besides this, I also face reception issues specially with HD channel when it rains, like for instance its raining since yesterday here in kolkata, and I dont have HD, even SD is like jittery. How is it with you guys ?

Yes, you got to decide on the financial part. You may check with the provider if there is any schemes when u buy two dvr's, like the option of child connection. There should be some discounts.

About the outage,option i live in a place where there is max 5 days of rain out of the 365 days. So can't comment on that...

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 4
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.. for tomorrow never comes.. live today!!!
Thanks given by:
Well i am also using TS HD from 2 years , I have subscribed minimum base pack and 1 OR 2 HD channels as a la carte .mine is annual pack south sports. i am also watching only HD Channels. i think u can also do the same instead of subscribing Mega pack

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy TAB3 using Tapatalk 4
Thanks given by:
but I dont like the feeling of living with two HD channels for the entire year !

+ I got other family members which watch other 2 HD channels than me. Besides that we do occasionally needs the news, music & sports. Doing the maths, I found the mega HD to be a safer bet provided they add more HD channels.
Thanks given by:
Who said that u also subscribe for only 2 HD channels ?. u can choose all if u wants. Tongue that depends on u. i told what i am doing. I have subscribed 2 doesnt mean u also do the same but that was only a example thats all Smile u r the best person to do the needful to urself.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy TAB3 using Tapatalk 4
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TataSky removed "IMW22 (Data)" channel from its DTH platform on 05-04-2021 Sathish 0 70 04-05-2021, 02:12 AM
Last Post: Sathish
  TataSky removed "DD Malayalam - Free (TV)" channel from its DTH platform on 05-04-2021 Sathish 0 72 04-05-2021, 02:09 AM
  "Ch. Gold (TV)" channel ECM PIDs updated on TataSky DTH Services on 05-04-2021 Sathish 0 63 04-05-2021, 02:03 AM
  "Ch. 100 (TV)" channel ECM PIDs updated on TataSky DTH Services on 05-04-2021 Sathish 0 69 04-05-2021, 02:00 AM
  "Ch 100 Binge (TV)" channel ECM PIDs updated on TataSky DTH Services on 05-04-2021 Sathish 0 59 04-05-2021, 01:56 AM
  "Ch. Gold (TV)" channel ECM PIDs updated on TataSky DTH Services on 05-04-2021 Sathish 0 63 04-05-2021, 01:53 AM
  "Tata Sky Welcome (TV)" channel ECM PIDs updated on TataSky DTH Services on 05-04-2021 Sathish 0 68 04-05-2021, 01:50 AM
  "Ch. Gold (TV)" channel ECM PIDs updated on TataSky DTH Services on 05-04-2021 Sathish 0 66 04-05-2021, 01:47 AM
  "Ch.100 Gold (TV)" channel ECM PIDs updated on TataSky DTH Services on 05-04-2021 Sathish 0 60 04-05-2021, 01:44 AM
  "Ch. 100 (TV)" channel ECM PIDs updated on TataSky DTH Services on 05-04-2021 Sathish 0 51 04-05-2021, 01:41 AM