Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General News ALTBalaji set to launch its first Bhojpuri original show
Advertisement
MUMBAI: Video on demand (VoD) platform ALTBalaji has expanded its language offering by launching its Bhojpuri web original ‘Hero Varrdiwala’. Starring none-other-than the iconic Bhojpuri legend, Dinesh Lal Yadav alias Nirahua, ALTBalaji is set to treat the audiences with its first Bhojpuri original ‘Hero Varrdiwala’.

The series featuring Bhojpuri superstar Dinesh Lal Yadav alias Nirahua is based on a novel written by Ved Prakash Sharma titled ‘Varrdiwala Gunda’ which had sold 15 lakh copies on the very first day of its release.

In the series, Nirahua will be seen playing a special task force officer Tejaswi Pratap Singh. Hero Varrdiwala will see top cop Tejaswi Pratap Singh taking on the mafia gang Blackstar in the Purvanchal region of Uttar Pradesh.

Speaking about the web series being based on the book, lead actor Nirahua shared, “Growing up, I often saw people reading ‘Varrdiwala Gunda,’ a very popular and much-loved novel written by Ved Prakash Sharma. What I didn’t know at that time is that a web series will be made on it in the future, and I will get the opportunity to star in it. It is definitely surreal and I hope the audience enjoys watching it as much as we have enjoyed bringing the story to them.”

Source:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Amazon to launch Prime Video Channels in India nairrk 0 114 Today, 09:33 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: ZEE5 to launch fourth original film ‘Veergati’ on R-Day nairrk 0 58 Yesterday, 02:47 PM
  General News: Hotstar to up the ante in 2019 with launch of a slew of original web shows nairrk 0 137 01-15-2019, 01:49 PM
  General News: ZEE5 unveils second Hindi original film ‘Cabaret’ nairrk 0 204 12-31-2018, 01:53 PM
  General News: Voot launches second season of original series ‘Its Not That Simple’ nairrk 0 256 12-15-2018, 07:27 AM
  General News: ZEE5 to launch eight new Tamil originals nairrk 0 185 12-10-2018, 06:54 PM
  General News: Eros Now unveils original series ‘Flesh’ starring Swara Bhasker nairrk 0 284 12-07-2018, 06:35 PM
  General News: ALTBalaji to stream thriller ‘Apharan’ from 14 Dec nairrk 0 201 12-06-2018, 06:29 PM
  General News: Vice India launches original crime series inspired by Prime Video’s ‘Mirzapur’ nairrk 0 267 12-04-2018, 09:19 AM
  General News: SET partners Qyuki for a weekend music show ‘Jammin’ nairrk 0 304 12-02-2018, 02:43 PM