Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General News ALTBalaji set to launch its first Bhojpuri original show
Advertisement
MUMBAI: Video on demand (VoD) platform ALTBalaji has expanded its language offering by launching its Bhojpuri web original ‘Hero Varrdiwala’. Starring none-other-than the iconic Bhojpuri legend, Dinesh Lal Yadav alias Nirahua, ALTBalaji is set to treat the audiences with its first Bhojpuri original ‘Hero Varrdiwala’.

The series featuring Bhojpuri superstar Dinesh Lal Yadav alias Nirahua is based on a novel written by Ved Prakash Sharma titled ‘Varrdiwala Gunda’ which had sold 15 lakh copies on the very first day of its release.

In the series, Nirahua will be seen playing a special task force officer Tejaswi Pratap Singh. Hero Varrdiwala will see top cop Tejaswi Pratap Singh taking on the mafia gang Blackstar in the Purvanchal region of Uttar Pradesh.

Speaking about the web series being based on the book, lead actor Nirahua shared, “Growing up, I often saw people reading ‘Varrdiwala Gunda,’ a very popular and much-loved novel written by Ved Prakash Sharma. What I didn’t know at that time is that a web series will be made on it in the future, and I will get the opportunity to star in it. It is definitely surreal and I hope the audience enjoys watching it as much as we have enjoyed bringing the story to them.”

Source:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: MX Original Series ‘Love Ok Please’ to start streaming from 25 March nairrk 0 65 Yesterday, 10:07 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: ‘Good Omens’ to launch on Amazon Prime Video in UK and around the world on 31 May nairrk 0 130 03-10-2019, 06:49 PM
  General News: Netflix to adapt novel ‘Pashmina’ into original CG animated musical nairrk 0 140 03-08-2019, 02:54 PM
  General News: ZEE5 launches Marathi original show ‘Sex, Drugs & Theatre’ nairrk 0 148 03-07-2019, 09:32 AM
  General News: Amazon Prime Video to launch multi-season action thriller series with Akshay Kumar nairrk 0 96 03-06-2019, 09:46 AM
  General News: Hotstar’s original show with MS Dhoni to premiere on 20 March nairrk 0 73 03-05-2019, 07:31 PM
  General News: Virgin TV partners Voot, Eros Now to launch on-demand Asian TV apps pack nairrk 0 43 03-02-2019, 09:17 AM
  General News: MX Player to launch two new shows on 20 Feb nairrk 0 268 02-18-2019, 01:40 PM
  General News: ZEE5 to launch 72 originals in six languages till March 2020 nairrk 0 156 02-16-2019, 09:07 AM
  General News: ALTBalaji’s high school web drama ‘PuncchBeat’ begins streaming nairrk 0 149 02-15-2019, 08:49 AM