Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General News Colors to beef up prime-time with new fiction show ‘Barrister Babu’
Advertisement
[Image: Aura-Bhatnagar-as-Bondita-in-COLORS-upco...-Babu.jpeg]

MUMBAI: Known for its hard-hitting concepts, Hindi GEC Colors is coming up with yet another interesting show titled ‘Barrister Babu’. With this show, the channel presents a powerful narrative that highlights stereotypes that crippled our society during the pre-independence era.

The story highlights the fact that how, at a time when women were not allowed to have a voice and were deemed powerless, an innocent and curious 8-year-old, Bonita questions the deep-rooted prejudices against women.

Pravisht Mishra will be playing the character of Anirudh who is a Barrister. Joining him as the parallel lead is child artist Aura Bhatnagar, who debuts with this show and will be essaying the role of Bondita.

Commenting on the same Pravisht Mishra said, “I am very elated to be a part of the show, which has such a unique story. I am grateful to Colors for giving the opportunity to play the character of Anirudh. He is a progressive and whimsical Barrister who is also a benevolent social reformer and has just returned to India from London. I hope the audience will appreciate this new side of me as Anirudh and shower their love and blessings on me.”

Commenting about it, Aura Bhatnagar said, “I am playing the lead role in Barrister Babu and I’m very thankful to Colors for giving me this chance. I really love the concept as well as the character of Bondita in the show. Through my character, I hope to influence people to stand for their rights and achieve great success.”

Televisionpost
Advertisement
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Colors Tamil to launch two new shows this month nairrk 0 41 02-14-2020, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Zee Telugu to strengthen prime-time with ‘Prema Entha Madhuram’ nairrk 0 74 02-03-2020, 07:04 PM
  General News: Colors Tamil to launch mytho series ‘Amman’ on 27 Jan nairrk 0 81 01-26-2020, 07:36 AM
  General News: SET to launch new dance reality show in Feb nairrk 0 152 01-26-2020, 07:34 AM
  General News: Colors to strengthen 9.30 pm slot with launch of ‘Naati Pinky Ki Lambi Love Story’ nairrk 0 72 01-23-2020, 06:49 PM
  General News: ABP News to launch new season of flagship show ‘Pradhanmantri’ on 25 Jan nairrk 0 120 01-19-2020, 11:36 AM
  General News: Zee Telugu unveils two new fiction shows nairrk 0 143 01-09-2020, 09:48 AM
  General News: Zee Telugu to launch latest comedy reality show ‘Adhirindi’ nairrk 0 156 12-20-2019, 11:13 PM
  General News: Colors Tamil to premiere ‘Kodeeswari’ on 23 Dec nairrk 0 139 12-14-2019, 06:45 PM
  General News: Star Bharat looks to enthrall viewers with new show ‘Meri Gudiya’ nairrk 0 132 12-14-2019, 09:30 AM