Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
General News General Discussion about Airtel
Advertisement
Kindly make this thread sticky so that we can discuss common things related to Airtel Digital instead of bumping old threads Wink
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Presume, most of you all aware that Airtel now-a-days give recharge reminder on the screen . See below:

[Image: krbdjjR.jpg]

The notification will be there until we recharge. Also make sure that the STB and TV is on when you recharge (at least for 20 minutes, as per ADTV), otherwise the notification will be there even you did recharge. If you forgot to switch on the STB/TV whilst recharging, then only ADTV people can remove the notification after you complain about the same. Until then the recharge reminder notification keeps bothering you on the screen Sad

Please keep it in mind.
Airtel is unable to manage its system after new TRAI rules. There are many strange problems in Airtel. There is a big issue in selecting the package and ala carte. In case you select many bouquets or channels then ur package change strangely. Moreover, 2 to 3 times Airtel changed my package without any notification automatically from their side to higher package.
Thanks given by:
Airtel is sharing Comedy Active and Thriller Active services from Dish TV however they renamed the channels as "Horror Channel" and "Comedy Gali"
Thanks given by:
I had subscribed last year for Infinity all SD+HD 12 Month ARP with Rs.5999/-, but due to new TRAI rules lately my ARP pack has been changed to Kerala Mega HD Pack where I’m missing many channels which I wanted. I contacted Airtel Digital Customer Care, they said due to TRAI rules ARP is no longer available and asked me to choose new plans as soon as possible. I need below listed channels, could experts here in forum advise which plan/bouquets is best to choose from the current Airtel packages to get these channels in most cost effective way:

I need below channels in Airtel Digital HD:

All Sports channels (SD & HD) Channel nos: 277-306
All Hindi Entertainment channels (SD & HD) Channel nos: 105-127
All Malayalam channels (SD & HD) Channel nos: 826-868
All Movies channels (SD & HD) Channel nos: 201-264
All Cartoon channels Channel nos: 446-472
Infotainment channels; Channel Nos: 420-441
English Entertainment; Channel Nos: 161-178
Music channels Channel Nos: 480-509

Please advice.
Thanks given by:
Mega HD is still available after TRAI new rules. You can chose the new Mega HD Pack and then you can chose the missing channels individually. I am currently using Mega HD with Zee Anmol Cinema and Sadabahar Hitz ala carte.
Thanks given by:
Arun - After TRAI involvement channel pack system is changed and you will find it difficult to get all channel under one pack.

As @Hassan Syed suggested, go for Mega HD then add a-la-carte channels as per your liking or go for Broadcaster packs as additional packs.

Otherwise select a Base pack (FTA) and then go for few broadcasters pack (as per your requirement) or a-la-carte channels.

But, this is going to cost more comparing taking a single pack. It is confusing to select a pack now-a-days as per our wish.

Also, you may write your requirement to Airtel Nodal officer (customer care may not be able to help) who may be able to assist you:

nodalofficer.ker@in.airtel.com

Keep us advised the developments
The best thing is to select FTA Package and then chose 10 to 20 channels of your own choice which you frequently watch.
Thanks given by:
Thanks nairrk, Hassan for your helpful advice/inputs.

When you say “select one basepack (FTA)”, do you mean to opt for channels with 0.00 charges? Because I see only Broadcaster packs and Al-a-carte bouquets while selecting channels in Airtel Digital no separate FTA packs. Also, does sequence in selecting channels make a difference in overall cost of subscribing for channels? I see some notes in Airtel plan pages stating first 100 channels certain total amount & next 25 channels another amount.

Agree with you, after TRAI involvement selecting a pack has become very very tedious for end users. But I’m glad, we have forums like this where experts like you are there to help guide choosing required channels effectively. Much appreciated. Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Yes, FTA channel are '0' charges, but there is a minimum amount (base rate) payable for 100 channels at Rs.130 plus tax (presume total 153.40). Then you can add braodcasters pack or a-la-carte basis.

See the Link here

See this Link with FTA channels
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DTH Updates: Airtel Digital TV users can now upgrade to HD connection for Rs 699 nairrk 0 80 11-20-2019, 06:12 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  Update: Airtel Digital TV Channels List rahul1117_kumar 228 106,088 11-19-2019, 08:52 AM
  DTH Updates: Airtel News Home 3 added by ADTV nairrk 0 208 11-07-2019, 09:57 AM
  Update: Airtel Digital TV Basepacks offer 30 days of free subscription nairrk 0 141 10-18-2019, 12:51 PM
  DTH News: Airtel Digital TV offers new LG Smart TV users 6 months of free service nairrk 0 149 09-20-2019, 02:34 PM
  DTH News: Airtel Digital TV 'All Channels' Pack With Popular HD, SD Channels Launched.. nairrk 1 217 09-16-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: mohit84
  DTH Updates: Airtel Digital TV charging Rs 80 NCF for multi-TV connections: Report nairrk 1 157 09-14-2019, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Hassan Syed
  Update: Airtel Xstream Box available at discounted price to existing Digital TV users nairrk 1 207 09-09-2019, 06:10 PM
Last Post: yieldway17
  DTH Updates: Upgrade to Airtel Internet TV at Rs.2249/- nairrk 1 341 09-04-2019, 12:19 AM
Last Post: Hassan Syed
  Update: Airtel Internet TV new buyers will get free Netflix & Airtel Xstream app subscription nairrk 0 211 09-02-2019, 02:11 PM