Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General News Income Tax department to soon launch ‘My Tax app’ to make it easier to pay taxes..
Advertisement
Income Tax department to soon launch ‘My Tax app’ to make it easier to pay taxes, file tax returns online

From the past few months, we have been hearing a lot about the government working on an app that will address all the Income Tax related matters under one roof. Well, the app called ‘My Tax app’ is said to launch soon under the guidelines of the Income Tax department. The app will help users in making payments, file I-T returns and tax deductions. Apart from that, the app will also open a window for users to communicate directly to the I-T department.

ET reports that the app, as of now is being developed in-house. The app will track individual’s profile by their permanent account number (PAN) which will also allow the collation of all tax-related information, including deductions by third parties, pertaining to that login. Apart from that, the My Tax app is said to be the link between users to respond to queries from the I-T department. Users can even file complaints via the app.

This feature is being built with an aim to make the administration non-intrusive and taxpayer friendly. The initiative by Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) came after Prime Minister Narendra Modi clearly stated that the tax authorities should ensure that taxpayers do not fear the department and hence make the system more user-friendly.

The report further suggests that the CBDT will later also take similar initiatives in terms of online scrutiny, which allows tax officials to seek details of transactions and get responses by email. Apart from that, the report also mentions that the My Tax app will be personalized as each taxpayer will have to go through a sign-in process. However,  it is not very clear whether tax-filing facilities will be immediately available to use.

While the app is at a preliminary stage, the Central Board of Direct Taxes recently launched a new app called, Aaykar Setu which aims at solving similar purpose as that of My Tax app. The Aaykar Setu app will help users carry out basic tax-related tasks on their own. The app will be ad-free and free to use for the public. However, the app is currently available only for Android users and can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.

The app also provides an option to users to receive timely notifications for important dates and new announcements related to income tax, by registering their mobile number in the app. The app help users understand various nuances of direct taxes, file income tax, check TDS (tax deducted at source) statement, and even share any inconvenience caused with the right authorities. The app also provides a live chat option, which will be available to users from10AM to 6PM and will answer tax-related queries.

Another major highlight of the app is that it allows users to link their 12-digit Aadhaar number with PAN. SC of India last month made it mandatory for all Aadhaar users to link their Aadhaar to PAN.

All these app launched also fall under government’s objectives of Digital India initiative with an aim to reach out to people with smartphones as the basic tool. Some of the apps that Indian government has launched recently are MyGov, Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan, Digi locker and ePathshala to name a few.

Source:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Filing Income Tax Returns: Take your time! late penalty is applicable from April 2018 nairrk 0 413 07-13-2017, 01:04 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: 6 risky password mistakes you should never make nairrk 0 505 06-26-2017, 01:04 PM
  General News: Cable, DTH to attract lower taxes under GST nairrk 0 653 05-23-2017, 04:02 PM
  General News: Tamil Nadu government to launch 50 'Amma Free Wi-Fi' zones nairrk 0 657 09-24-2016, 08:55 AM
  General News: ISRO to launch 20 satellites on 22nd June SRK 0 488 06-19-2016, 12:49 PM
Last Post: SRK
  General News: Modi says will double farmers’ income by 2022, attacks UP govt SRK 0 520 02-28-2016, 06:13 PM
  General News: Govt of India to launch geo technical textile project in North East SRK 0 989 05-25-2015, 02:09 PM
  Breaking News: Tata Group to launch all new airline in India! SRK 0 960 09-19-2013, 05:44 PM
  Update: Zee's Bengali movie channel launch on 23 Sept - available on major DTH and MSOs waytobala 4 2,232 03-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Last Post: vinod j makwana
  Breaking News: micromax launch new 3d and led ,lcd tvs and ht sureshaa 1 1,296 10-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Last Post: abhishek63