Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General News PM Modi to feature in Discovery’s show ‘Man Vs Wild‘
Advertisement
[Image: PM-Modi-to-feature-in-Discovery%E2%80%99...30x242.jpg]

MUMBAI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will feature in Discovery’s show ‘Man Vs Wild’ with survivalist and adventurer Bear Grylls. The episode airs on 12th August at 9 pm through a simulcast on 12 Discovery channels in India including Discovery Channel, Discovery HD World and Animal Planet.

The premiere on Discovery and Discovery HD World will be available in five languages including English, Bengali, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu. This special episode will be showcased in more than 180 countries across the world on Discovery network of channels.

The episode takes place in India’s oldest National Park situated in the forests of India’s Uttarakhand, where wild animals roam free. This special episode, which has been shot in the Jim Corbett National Park, will be a frank and freewheeling journey, throws light on wildlife conservation, highlighting issues related to environmental change. The adventurous pair even have to make a raft & cross a jungle river together.

The Indian Prime Minister talks at length about his own experiences of living in the midst of nature and demonstrating his adventurous side.

[Image: Narendra-Modi.jpg]Modi said, “For years, I have lived among nature, in the mountains and the forests. These years have a lasting impact on my life. So when I was asked about a special programme focussing on life beyond politics and that too in the midst of nature I was both intrigued and inclined to take part in it. For me, this show presents a great opportunity to showcase to the world India’s rich environmental heritage and stress on the importance of environment conservation and living in harmony with nature. It was a great experience spending time in the jungle once again, this time with Bear, who is blessed with indefatigable energy and quest to experience nature at its purest.”

“It is such a privilege to be taking Prime Minister Modi on an adventure into the Indian wilderness and I feel truly honoured to get to spend time with this remarkable world leader. The wild reminds us that we need each other and that together we are stronger. I am so excited to spend time with the PM and to get to know the man who leads this great nation,” said Bear Grylls.

Discovery India MD South Asia Megha Tata said, “We are honoured to host Prime Minister Narendra Modi in this historic episode of ‘Man Vs Wild’. We hope that by harnessing the power of the Prime Minister and the global premiere on Discovery, the show will create awareness about India’s rich biodiversity and sensitise people about the importance of conservation of wild animal species.”

Source:

Advertisement
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Star Bharat looks to enthrall viewers with new show ‘Meri Gudiya’ nairrk 0 31 1 hour ago
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Dangal to premiere new fiction show ‘Pyaar Ki Luka Chuppi’ on 10 Dec nairrk 0 101 12-07-2019, 02:16 PM
  General News: ABP News unveils new show ‘Hamara Samvidhan’ nairrk 0 99 11-25-2019, 06:15 PM
  General News: Discovery Channel launches first-ever short-form content series ‘Feelin’ Alive’ nairrk 0 197 11-08-2019, 08:40 AM
  General News: CNBC-TV18 to launch new show ‘LIFE ETC.’ on 7 Nov nairrk 0 89 11-07-2019, 07:40 AM
  General News: Zee Tamil launches new fiction show ‘Gokulathil Seethai’ nairrk 0 137 10-31-2019, 01:44 PM
  General News: Epic Channel to air India centric quiz show from 14 Oct nairrk 0 90 10-12-2019, 07:41 AM
  General News: Discovery Channel to launch new show ‘Why We Hate’ on 20 Oct nairrk 0 99 10-05-2019, 09:04 AM
  General News: Star Jalsha to launch new show ‘Mahisashur Mardini’ nairrk 0 135 09-24-2019, 11:53 AM
  General News: CNBC Awaaz has launched its latest daily-show ‘STARTUP Nation’ nairrk 0 110 09-24-2019, 11:51 AM