1. BRILLIANT CLARITY in HD
2. Lot of options to choose from in terms of package
3. Recording option
4. Set top box looks effective and durable

Cons
1. Horrible installation process.
2. Sd channels are not very clear

How come the installation process was so horrible?? Can you explain, please

Also provide few Screen Shots, especially the STB, some channels etc.

Also confirm you got HEVC STB and what are the special features comparing other HD STB ?
1. The installation person was extremely rude/arrogant and his behaviour was such that I am getting this facilities for free. Don't understand how can you put such people in client service!!!

2. I wanted to install the dish on grill. So he told me that he will charge 350 extra. We did agree. He told the charges are of iron straps. He bought it some used old iron straps and used that despite he having new iron straps. We really somehow forced him to use at least 2 new... Just imagine how would be the strength of setup using the junked/rusted iron straps!! Really pathetic!! He told "Aap naya leke aa jao nahi toh main ja raha hoon". Also, I felt that he used 4-6 iron straps and he charged a higher amount...There is no manual/written paper to verify these charges..

3. I did not get any receipt and he told me that amount should be paid in cash....I still did not get any receipt for either dth connection or his extra charges?

Sent from my BLN-L22 using Indian DTH Forums mobile app
Thanks given by:

Thanks given by: nairrk
(10-02-2017, 11:20 AM)mohit84 Wrote: 1. The installation person was extremely rude/arrogant and his behaviour was such that I am getting this facilities for free. Don't understand how can you put such people in client service!!!

2. I wanted to install the dish on grill. So he told me that he will charge 350 extra. We did agree. He told the charges are of iron straps. He bought it some used old iron straps and used that despite he having new iron straps. We really somehow forced him to use at least 2 new... Just imagine how would be the strength of setup using the junked/rusted iron straps!! Really pathetic!! He told "Aap naya leke aa jao nahi toh main ja raha hoon". Also, I felt that he used 4-6 iron straps and he charged a higher amount...There is no manual/written paper to verify these charges..

3. I did not get any receipt and he told me that amount should be paid in cash....I still did not get any receipt for either dth connection or his extra charges?

I have been using Airtel DVR since last 8 years and the service engineer/s happened to visit my house few times during this period (first to change SD DVR to HD DVR STB, then twice the STB became faulty and they replaced it) and never seen any indecent behavior from the guys. I dont know why the guy came to your installation has to behave like this with you.

Anyway, suggest take pictures of those rusted iron straps and send a mail to Airtel customer care (with the Screen shots) with  a copy to Nodal officer explaining the whole episode. Dont forget to mention the amount charged by him. See what reaction you get from Airtel.
Yes... They have assigned the matter to a new engineer...

Few clarificatiins:
If I get signal strength below 80%., if the signal quality is not full (although green) it is OK?

Thanks given by:
(10-02-2017, 11:20 AM)mohit84 Wrote: 1. The installation person was extremely rude/arrogant and his behaviour was such that I am getting this facilities for free. Don't understand how can you put such people in client service!!!

I have been using Airtel DVR since last 8 years and the service engineer/s happened to visit my house few times during this period (first to change SD DVR to HD DVR STB, then twice the STB became faulty and they replaced it) and never seen any indecent behavior from the guys. I dont know why the guy came to your installation has to behave like this with you.

Anyway, suggest take pictures of those rusted iron straps and send a mail to Airtel customer care (with the Screen shots) with  a copy to Nodal officer explaining the whole episode. Dont forget to mention the amount charged by him. See what reaction you get from Airtel.
[/quote]
Thanks mate. I shall do the needful...

Thanks given by:
Do you have any email I'd of nodal officer?

Thanks given by:
(10-02-2017, 02:37 PM)mohit84 Wrote: Do you have any email I'd of nodal officer?

See here : http://www.indiandth.in/Thread-Airtel-di...er-Details

select your area nodal officer.
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update: ADTV HD Review SHALA JEE 3 2,084 07-17-2014, 11:00 PM
Last Post: air_rd
Question DTH Updates: Review about surya music srikanth26 2 987 11-25-2013, 09:06 PM
Last Post: srikanth26
  Update: New Airtel Digital TV HD Recorder Review waytobala 0 3,234 08-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Last Post: waytobala
  My New Airtel HD Recorder (Review with Pics) A.Pradeep 25 12,856 01-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Kanwar
  Airtel Digital TV HD Receiver - Review and Picture Mr.AB 4 21,820 11-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Mr.AB
Smile Airtel Digital tv HD installed - Review with Maximum pics! NGC HD Activated! Anish 14 19,353 01-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Last Post: shiva
  **Hi Friends my New ADTV Review** Anish 4 1,764 03-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Last Post: vln_arun