Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General News Shekhar Suman to return to small screen with Sony Sab’s new show
Advertisement
MUMBAI: Sony SAB will launch a new show ‘Saath Phero Ki Hera Pheri’ in March. The date and time of the show have not yet been revealed.

The show marks the return of veteran actor Shekhar Suman on the television screen. It is a hilarious story of two married couples and their journey to understand if there is anything called as a happy marriage.

Produced by Playtime Creation, which is helmed by Hemal Thakkar and film actor Paresh Rawal, the new sitcom will feature Suman, Swati Shah, and Ami Trivedi.

Bhupi Tandon played by veteran actor Shekhar Suman is a fifty-year-old man and has old-fashioned beliefs of a stereotyped Indian male. He is extremely chauvinistic, believes that the Man is the boss of the house and all wives should be dominated. In spite of this attitude, he is good-hearted and cares for his family but fails to express his love. A travel agent by profession, Bhupi is a singer at heart. Though he is flamboyant Punjabi he believes in saving rather than spending.

On the other hand, his wife Neetu Tandon played by Swati Shah is a doting wife and mother. She thinks ‘pati ke charano mein hi patni ka swarg hota hai’. An excellent cook, she enjoys cooking and sharing it with her neighbours and keeps very bizarre ‘vrats’ all days of the week. She represents the typical Indian housewife of the 80’s who believes that her pati is her Parameshwar.

Suman said, “I am coming back to the genre of comedy after a long hiatus. However, I am very privileged to be working with such a great team and Sony SAB. I hope through Bhupi Tandon I can win the love and support of audiences all over India.”

On her role, Shah said, “Playing Neetu is a fantastic experience. She is a woman with ritualistic beliefs but her innocence will definitely make all women identify with her. It is a great honor for me to be working alongside Shekhar ji in the show.”

Source:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Zee Telugu to launch latest comedy reality show ‘Adhirindi’ nairrk 0 126 12-20-2019, 11:13 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Sony Max to premiere action thriller ‘Batla House’ on 25 Dec nairrk 0 120 12-19-2019, 11:18 PM
  General News: Sony Sab launches ‘Khushiyon Wala New Year’ contest nairrk 0 127 12-14-2019, 06:48 PM
  General News: Star Bharat looks to enthrall viewers with new show ‘Meri Gudiya’ nairrk 0 102 12-14-2019, 09:30 AM
  General News: Dangal to premiere new fiction show ‘Pyaar Ki Luka Chuppi’ on 10 Dec nairrk 0 141 12-07-2019, 02:16 PM
  General News: Sony Max to premiere ‘Arjun Patiala’ on 30 Nov nairrk 0 109 11-27-2019, 10:13 AM
  General News: ABP News unveils new show ‘Hamara Samvidhan’ nairrk 0 114 11-25-2019, 06:15 PM
  General News: Sony Max to premiere ‘Khandaani Shafakhana’ on 22 Nov nairrk 0 110 11-18-2019, 02:26 PM
  General News: Sony Max launches ‘Box Office’ film festival for South dubbed cinema nairrk 0 150 11-14-2019, 09:37 AM
  General News: CNBC-TV18 to launch new show ‘LIFE ETC.’ on 7 Nov nairrk 0 108 11-07-2019, 07:40 AM