Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General News Star Plus to air Vikram Bhatt’s debut series Dil Sambhal Jaa Zara from 23 Oct
Advertisement
MUMBAI: Film director Vikram Bhatt is set to make his debut in television with the launch of his show Dil Sambhal Jaa Zara. Hindi GEC Star Plus will air the romantic drama from 23 October at 10.30 pm.

It is a multi-character drama exploring the journey of young girl Ahana who is caught in a web of contemporary relationships set in an urban, metropolitan India. The show features Smriti Kalra in the lead role of Ahana whereas Sanjay Kappor who is making a comeback on television after a decade will portray the character of Anant Mathur (Ahana’s husband).

Ahana marries the perfect guy Anant Mathur – a charming husband who is well settled, a family man, compassionate, attentive and loving husband who never fails to make her feel special. However, an unspoken truth between them makes Anant imperfect for Anaha putting their relationship at stake. It is a story which unfolds the truth about why Ahana’s marriage has become her biggest mistake.

On the concept of the show, Bhatt said, “We have all seen romantic tales of happily ever after on television. ‘Dil Sambhal Jaa Zara’ is a show that delves into Ahana’s journey after she is married to the perfect guy – Anant Mathur. It is a mature, edgy love story which will confront the viewers with many unspoken realities of a marriage. The show content is not adult yet this show is bold purely because of the subject that tackles in a marriage. Viewers will be surprised to learn why Ahana’s marriage is a mistake and will connect with her conundrum.”

Kapoor stated, “Vikram encouraged me to make a comeback on television. When he narrated the script to me, I fell in love with the character. I play Ahana’s husband who is in love with her. He falls for Ahana because of her self-righteous attitude and maturity given her family background. With the kind of relationships we deal with in an Indian context, the show brings some modern day relationships into limelight.”

Kalra commented, “Ahana is an extremely real character who is in touch with her raw emotions and at a stage of a life where she is still learning how to make her marriage work. Her world reflects modern perspective of today’s youth on relationships. She is also inspiring as she is a bold, no nonsense person who makes her own choices and faces her own conflicts. Personally, I am excited to play the character since it has its own complexities with the drama that unfolds in her life as she is stuck in a web of twisted relationships.”

Niki Walia stated, “This is a story which is based in the day and age where we are progressing towards new and unique relationships. I am really excited to be back on television with this show after a long break.”

Source:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Star Jalsha launch magnum opus based on Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay’s ‘Kopal Kundala nairrk 0 70 11-28-2019, 10:27 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Discovery Channel launches first-ever short-form content series ‘Feelin’ Alive’ nairrk 0 185 11-08-2019, 08:40 AM
  General News: Star Jalsha to venture into horror-comedy with ‘Chuni Panna’ nairrk 0 114 11-04-2019, 08:57 AM
  General News: Star Sports launches regional campaign for ISL with Kerala Blasters nairrk 0 83 10-15-2019, 06:35 PM
  General News: Star Movies lines up blockbuster movies for festive season nairrk 0 195 10-05-2019, 08:58 AM
  General News: News18 India to launch special series Shriram Path nairrk 0 99 10-04-2019, 02:19 PM
  General News: Star Plus’ ‘TED Talks India Nayi Baat 2’ to air in multiple languages from 2 Nov nairrk 0 88 10-04-2019, 01:58 PM
  General News: Star Gold, Star Plus to premiere ‘Kalank’ on 2 Oct nairrk 0 110 09-27-2019, 11:02 PM
  General News: Star Sports to broadcast 30 T20 internationals featuring Team India nairrk 0 103 09-24-2019, 11:57 AM
  General News: Star Jalsha to launch new show ‘Mahisashur Mardini’ nairrk 0 130 09-24-2019, 11:53 AM