Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hathway Digital Cable Skyworth MPEG2 DVB-C set-top box Review
Advertisement
Hi all,

After many complaints about the old Humax boxes, hathw@y has now started providing Skyworth MPEG2 DVB-C set-top boxes for their Digital Cable Services.
Lets review the features of this stb.

The most pleasing sight is the decryption card does not stick out like the old boxes (an eyesore Big Grin ), but is neatly hidden inside an openable cabinet with the other controls.

The box has a semi-transparent navy blue glossy panel with power-on/standby indicators. RF In for the cable wire, Loop Out to bypass Analog channels and modulated RF Out of stb at UHF Channel.no 21 to 69 as set in settings menu.

Please do not Quote images in reply, it makes the page long.

[Image: PBX71.jpg]

[Image: c6ho1.jpg]

[Image: 06t6P.jpg]

[Image: G1OTC.jpg]

[Image: 8XFzu.jpg]

[Image: Qjzuo.jpg]

[Image: O1S2p.jpg]

[Image: Nc0AC.jpg]

[Image: rtGhF.jpg]

ST Microelectronics Decoder and "Made in Malaysia" DVB-C Tuner
[Image: 2K7E2.jpg]

Improved Remote Control with One touch Language, Radio and Interactive Services buttons
[Image: LvRh0.jpg]

[Image: c7klv.jpg]

[Image: MQjeb.jpg]

OK, so lots of good things in the hardware.
Now Hathway uses NDS Middleware and Encryption. The STB software update is done from the digital head-end through the Cable Wire itself. The new software update that happened recently has shown good improvements. It takes a few seconds for the set-top box to boot up and load EPG fully.
Next comes the User Interface which has a cool blue theme. Channel changing time is very less and the banner display time can be set as per our choice.

Synopsis
[Image: QT7Ml.jpg]

7 days EPG
[Image: TjArH.jpg]

Infobar
[Image: vwuwa.jpg]

Volume control
[Image: UOiG3.jpg]

Games, Language and Radio
[Image: l8hfw.jpg]

[Image: b6Ya7.jpg]

[Image: KXkZ9.jpg]

[Image: gug7x.jpg]

Menu
[Image: 7XLxd.jpg]

Verdict: Good decision from Hathway to use high-quality boxes and improved User Interface (UI). So this Skyworth MPEG2 DVB-C box and the NDS firmware both score 9 out of 10.

Complete Channels List at: http://indiandth.in/Thread-Mumbai-Hathwa...nnels-List

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Some more images:

[Image: I6pny.jpg]

[Image: DgN0g.jpg]

[Image: Nq3bv.jpg]

[Image: FTEZR.jpg]

[Image: 3rQZK.jpg]

[Image: JGwjV.jpg]

[Image: Kpg0I.jpg]

[Image: 8mBYw.jpg]

[Image: WqURh.jpg]

[Image: 9jUoP.jpg]

[Image: D0TCu.jpg]

[Image: 6kTBg.jpg]

RF Output UHF Channel Selector
[Image: TscUw.jpg]
Thanks given by:
can hathway work with all cable operators or only a few...my cable guy told me that to buy indigital stb and he his not aware of hathway stb...i am in bangalore.what is the price of this stb:Hathway Digital Cable Skyworth MPEG2 DVB-C
waiting for your reply
thank you
Thanks given by:
where did you buy this stb
can you tell me where to buy this in bangalore
Thanks given by:
what is Name of the cable used to insert it in CABLE IN...as show in the picture
Thanks given by:
Hi Abishek,

Welcome to IndianDTH Forum. You can use the "Edit" button to edit text in posts rather than posting it separately.
I am replying to all of your questions in bold text below:

can hathway work with all cable operators or only a few...my cable guy told me that to buy indigital stb and he his not aware of hathway stb...i am in bangalore.what is the price of this stb:Hathway Digital Cable Skyworth MPEG2 DVB-C
Hathway box will work only with cable operators relaying Hathway MSO signals and will not work on InDigital Cable. InDigital Cable operators provide their customers with a set-top box meant to work on their network. This Skyworth DVB-C box + Viewing Card cost me Rs800

where did you buy this stb
This box was home delivered to me by my local cable operator against cash payment with receipt.
can you tell me where to buy this in bangalore
This box is available with Hathway Cable Operators in Bangalore. But the cable connection has to be from Hathway MSO, else it will not work.

what is Name of the cable used to insert it in CABLE IN...as show in the picture
The cable is called Co-axial TV cable or RG-6 co-axial wire.
Thanks given by:
which has better picture quality with a 42inch lcd
is it hathway or incable or DTH

Thanks given by:
will SOLID HDS2 - 2100 MPEG-4 DVB S2 HD PVR stb work with my cable...because it has a hdmi out which is better for a large tv
Thanks given by:
Hi Abishek, answers to your queries in bold text below:

which has better picture quality with a 42inch lcd
is it hathway or incable or DTH
Digital Cable and DTH have almost the same high picture and sound quality. High-Definition (HD) DTH may give still better crisp video quality when the set-top box is connected to the LCD TV through an HDMI cable instead of AV cable.
DTH does not work sometimes due to heavy rain, but Digital Cable is not affected by rain.

will SOLID HDS2 - 2100 MPEG-4 DVB S2 HD PVR stb work with my cable...because it has a hdmi out which is better for a large tv
No SOLID HDS2 - 2100 MPEG-4 DVB S2 HD PVR stb will not work with a Cable TV input.
All HD Digital Cable and all HD DTH all have an HDMI output. So you may confirm this with the dealer before buying.
SOLID stb is used only to view Free channels through Satellite and it cannot be used to receive pay channels.

Thanks given by:
Hi Vinay:

Thanks for a very nice and detail review of Hathway STB, but unfortunately I am not able to see the images Sad. It shows as some number (xxxx.jpg) only.

Can you help me out here?

With regards,

Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update: Kerala Digital Vision - Channel List nairrk 3 5,790 09-28-2020, 01:50 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  Update: Asianet offering cable TV pack with 100 channels at Rs 150 nairrk 0 306 11-12-2019, 12:33 PM
  Update: Hathway to launch ‘Celebration Packs’ at lower price points between Rs 200-230 nairrk 0 283 10-21-2019, 06:50 PM
  General News: Arasu Cable revises subscription rates nairrk 0 476 08-03-2019, 01:22 PM
  General News: Hathway discontinues Multi TV plan, now subscribers will have to pay full NCF fee nairrk 0 473 06-24-2019, 06:44 PM
  Update: GTPL Hathway to reintroduce Giga HD service in Q1 FY20 nairrk 0 435 03-04-2019, 10:30 AM
  General News: UCN Cable Network launches its third HD local cable channel UCN News HD nairrk 0 499 03-02-2019, 03:19 PM
  General News: Siti Networks launches mobile app for its cable TV customers nairrk 0 699 01-09-2019, 07:25 PM
  General News: GTPL Hathway plans to launch hybrid STB nairrk 0 811 12-28-2018, 08:51 AM
  General News: Hathway deploys Verimatrix cardless solution to secure its DVB hybrid cable box nairrk 0 1,047 10-12-2018, 12:58 PM