Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Close the connection
Advertisement
Hi,

Incase I have to close my Airtel DTH connection what is the procedure? Also, how long does it take for the entire process?

Regards
Mohit

Sent from my COR-AL00 using Indian DTH Forums mobile app
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
(08-26-2019, 09:35 AM)mohit84 Wrote: Hi,

Incase I have to close my Airtel DTH connection what is the procedure? Also, how long does it take for the entire process?

Regards
Mohit

I doubt they will refund any money paid by you for STB or installation charges.

Easy way is not to recharge any more and once the due date is over they will disconnect the Connection and after few day they may send some one to collect the STB.

Otherwise, you have to officially write to them to close your connection and ask for a refund. Possibly, they will disconnect the service and ask you to hand over the STB to the nearest Airtel shop, but not sure about refund.
(They never used to pay any refund on account of cancellation but not sure the status after the new TRAI rules).
It's ok even if they don't give any refund.. i was just asking incase I find jio to be a better option..

But officially mailing them would be a good idea..
(08-26-2019, 10:03 AM)nairrk Wrote:

Regards
Mohit

Easy way is not to recharge any more and once the due date is over they will disconnect the Connection and after few day they may send some one to collect the STB.

Otherwise, you have to officially write to them to close your connection and ask for a refund. Possibly, they will disconnect the service and ask you to hand over the STB to the nearest Airtel shop, but not sure about refund.
(They never used to pay any refund on account of cancellation but not sure the status after the new TRAI rules).

Thanks given by:
So one of my friend was trying to close the connection as the building didn't allow any DTH..so the DTH refused to take the set top box and it became redundant..so, yes to stop recharge is the only soln..
(08-26-2019, 08:08 PM)mohit84 Wrote: It's ok even if they don't give any refund.. i was just asking incase I find jio to be a better option..

But officially mailing them would be a good idea..
(08-26-2019, 10:03 AM)nairrk Wrote:

Regards
Mohit

Thanks given by:
Just don't renew the card and keep the box safe with you. Maybe someday you feel to reactivate it
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update: Multi-Tv Connection starting at Rs.94/- nairrk 2 284 08-29-2019, 09:53 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  DTH News: Airtel Digital TV multi-connection prices unveiled nairrk 0 456 02-25-2019, 06:52 PM
  Update: New Multi-Tv Connection starting Rs.649/ only - Ger discount vouchers worth Rs.1000 nairrk 1 673 03-12-2018, 02:32 PM
Last Post: cyberman
  Update: Mult-Tv Connection at Rs.150 monthly subscription nairrk 2 849 03-09-2018, 02:52 PM
Last Post: cyberman
  Help: New connection mohit84 6 1,162 09-23-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: mohit84
  Update: Get ADTV 2nd connection at Rs.649 & get 15% discount on Urban Ladder nairrk 0 613 09-23-2017, 12:23 PM
  Update: Buy a 2nd ADTV connection @ Rs.640 & get Free GOIBIBO Vouchers worth Rs.1800 nairrk 0 537 08-21-2017, 06:51 PM
  Update: Multi Connection Prices Revised rahul1117_kumar 1 737 08-03-2017, 02:53 PM
  Update: Free Amazon Voucher on getting Multi-Tv Connection nairrk 0 722 06-16-2017, 07:40 PM
  Update: Free Amazon Gift Voucher when upgrading to HD Connection nairrk 0 698 06-16-2017, 07:35 PM