Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Hathway Mumbai headend glitch 50% STBs not working!
Advertisement
Since last Friday, 26 April, 2013, evening half of Hathway Digital Cable Mumbai customers were greeted by on screen notices like "The Set-top Box is unable to receive a Signal. Press +/- to check another channel or Info" or "This Service is blocked (4)". The reason is a technical error by digital headend controlling person that changed the Entry Point settings of all STBs.

Old Humax boxes will not work for now till Monday 29 April,2013 when the error is corrected. Skyworth boxes can be made to work temporarily by changing Entry Point to Transponder 21M. This way all channels except Zee Q, DW TV, Zee Kannada, Care World TV will work.

If getting error like "Please insert viewing card (1)" or "Inserted card is not valid (2)" please contact your local cable operator. Do not remove and re-insert card unnecessarily.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
I Guess He Change The First TRANSPORT Setting Where Network Scan Is Located.. Here In IN Digital Belgaum, We TRY All Settings Except That... I Was Part Of The Team When Such An Error Had Happened, Rectified In Half An Hour..
[Image: izvqcn.jpg]

wIcKeD mEnTaLiTy
Thanks given by:
(04-28-2013, 09:59 AM)greatsadiq Wrote: I Guess He Change The First TRANSPORT Setting Where Network Scan Is Located.. Here In IN Digital Belgaum, We TRY All Settings Except That... I Was Part Of The Team When Such An Error Had Happened, Rectified In Half An Hour..

Yes Exactly. And as bad luck would have it, the boy who missed his own mistake, left office on Friday to go on leave. No one is answering telephone calls in local operators office today. [ Hathway Customer-Care is Non-existent, So nothing called TurnAround Time. This Monday promise is our LCOs Big Grin ]

My neighbours with newer stbs were relieved after I changed stb setting and got the channels working else weekend would have been minus entertainment dose Tongue .

I thought a thread in IDF would help atleast the members/visitors with new stbs by changing settings.
Thanks given by:
Hmmm.. Here In My City The Person Has To Keep A Replacement if He Going Out Of Town.. and I Being Locale And Non Paid Member I Would Take The Duties.. and Yes In MUMBAI Saturday and Sunday Holiday So MONDAY Is The Day When Signals Would Come Back To All STB's
[Image: izvqcn.jpg]

wIcKeD mEnTaLiTy
Thanks given by:
Yeah Normally by default it is set to 306 MHz, he must have changed that.
Thanks given by:
Has the problem been rectified ???
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Hathway discontinues Multi TV plan, now subscribers will have to pay full NCF fee nairrk 0 192 06-24-2019, 06:44 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  Update: GTPL Hathway to reintroduce Giga HD service in Q1 FY20 nairrk 0 184 03-04-2019, 10:30 AM
  General News: GTPL Hathway plans to launch hybrid STB nairrk 0 465 12-28-2018, 08:51 AM
  General News: Hathway deploys Verimatrix cardless solution to secure its DVB hybrid cable box nairrk 0 747 10-12-2018, 12:58 PM
  General News: Hathway introduces Android TV-based set-top box and hybrid Ultra Smart HUB in India nairrk 0 509 10-05-2018, 02:11 PM
  Update: GTPL Hathway launches four new in-house cable channels nairrk 0 506 08-17-2018, 12:17 PM
  General News: Jio & Hathway continue to lead wireless and wired Internet subs growth in 2018 nairrk 0 363 07-04-2018, 12:39 PM
  General News: Hathway plans to seed 2.5 lakh high definition set top boxes in FY19 nairrk 0 476 06-13-2018, 07:20 PM
  General News: Radio City Mumbai and Delhi RJs join hands to cheer for Indian Football Team nairrk 0 435 06-09-2018, 06:58 PM
  General News: IndiaCast issues disconnection notice to Hathway Digital nairrk 2 583 05-04-2018, 11:33 AM