Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.8 Average
Help I still need to improve my bowling: RP Singh
Advertisement
The time spent in wilderness has not eroded pacer RP Singh's self-belief and the India discard is still confident of making a comeback to the national squad.

But before knocking at the door of national selectors, the Uttar Pradesh left-arm seamer believes there are still some areas left in his bowling department that needed improvement.

After the drawn Ranji Trophy match against Himachal Pradesh at his home ground Green Park stadium here, where the 24-year-old pacer shone with both bat and bowl, Singh said, "I still need to improve my bowling so as to pick more wickets at the international level."

"I want to bring more variety into my bowling, more seam and pace. As far as my comeback to the Indian team is concerned, I can't say much right now but I am delivering my best," Singh told PTI-Bhasha.

Coming in at number eight, Singh contributed a worthy 47 runs to his team's first innings total of 197 against Himachal and then chipped in with three crucial wickets at the top to help Uttar Pradesh salvage a draw.

"It's always good for the tail-enders like us to contribute with the bat too as it helps your team post a challenging total on the board and even sometimes can save the team," said the Rae Bareli-born pacer.

On the drawn match against Himachal Pradesh, Singh said had it not rained, it would have been an altogether different story.

"Green Park stadium is like my home-ground so I know the condition of the pitch better here. Due to the unseasonal rains, the match ended in a draw but had it not rained, it would have been a different outcome, possibly resulting in our win. It's disappointing that that we could not register a win on our home ground," said Singh.

He hoped that Uttar Pradesh will cover a long way in this Ranji season.
PTI

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
if sreesanth keeping cool and takes wickets, alongwith Nehra, zaheer around it will be difficult for him to get a break
that easily!!!
Exactly , he has to wait some time to get any chance ,only some of bowlers get injured he may get a chance.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Yuvraj Singh announces retirement from all forms of cricket nairrk 0 535 06-10-2019, 06:15 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Hockey: PR Sreejesh returns to India squad, Sardar Singh ignored again nairrk 0 890 01-09-2018, 12:53 PM
  General News: Vijender Singh defends two pro-boxing titles with 10th straight win nairrk 0 729 12-24-2017, 09:01 AM
  General News: Manpreet Singh to lead 18-man Indian hockey squad for Asia Cup nairrk 0 868 09-16-2017, 07:02 PM
  General News: Vijender Singh Maintains Unbeaten Run to Retain Asia Pacific Title; Win Oriental nairrk 0 690 08-06-2017, 07:15 AM
  General News: Ravi Shastri Gets His Way, Bharat Arun to Join Team India as Bowling Coach nairrk 0 818 07-16-2017, 02:51 PM
  General News: Zaheer Khan emerges as front-runner to become India's bowling coach: Reports rahul1117_kumar 0 551 07-11-2016, 11:57 PM
Last Post: rahul1117_kumar
  Breaking News: 'Mahendra Singh Dhoni to Decide Whether to Tour Zimbabwe or Not' charger 0 670 05-19-2016, 10:43 PM
Last Post: charger
  Help: Dravid nominated for Khel Ratna, Yuvraj Singh for Arjuna Award. nairrk 0 1,085 07-08-2012, 08:16 AM
  Yuvaraj Singh Now samanth 5 3,431 04-26-2012, 11:03 PM
Last Post: samanth