Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help NCF
Advertisement
Hi

I was just exploring the Airtel DTH website to get better plans and was pleasently surprised to see that there are number of options...however my joy was short-lived when i saw that it came with a NCF of 200. .
For example, of you choose Mah HD pack which costs 290 , you have to pay 490 per month..

Any thoughts on this?

Sent from my COR-AL00 using Indian DTH Forums mobile app
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Irrespective of TRAI's new rules, DTH operators are making money like this. I doubt customers are saving any money from this new tariff rate? As for me, I am paying more now. Confused
True.. just waiting for jio DTH..i am sure it will be able to offer better schemes..
(08-17-2019, 09:05 AM)nairrk Wrote: Irrespective of TRAI's new rules, DTH operators are making money like this. I doubt customers are saving any money from this new tariff rate? As for me, I am paying more now. Confused

Thanks given by:
TRAI just messed up everything. I am paying more for less number of channels.
Thanks given by:
(08-17-2019, 10:53 AM)Hassan Syed Wrote: TRAI just messed up everything. I am paying more for less number of channels.

TRAI thought that their new rules will support or faour customers but DTH operators are smart enough to put it in different way. Now TRAI want to review the new tariff and hope a new and easy method will be implemented which will give benefit to the Customers.

Let's wait and see...
If the network capacity fee is reduced to 60 or 70 Rs and some price reduction in channels ala carte from 19 Rs to 10 or 12 Rs then it could be an extremely good thing
Thanks given by:
In addition, they must enforce the rules strictly and see that every DTH operators are charging customers realisticly.

In my area, the local Cable operators asked us to select our required channel pack which we did promptly, but they still are collecting the old monthly fee which was higher than what people like me selected. That means they just found a loophole to overcome the rules just ignoring TRAI's new regulations/channel pricing norms. Confused
Cable operators are really inefficient in providing the services.. i like the DTH services.. although now it has become very expensive..
So , i find the broadcaster bouquet to be the best if you are selective ..

I do like the old system where i could get more channels for same price ..
(08-17-2019, 02:57 PM)nairrk Wrote: In addition, the must enforce the rules strictly and see that every DTH operators are charging customers realisticly.

In my area, the local Cable operators asked us to select our required channel pack which we did promptly, but they still are collecting the old monthly fee which was higher than what people like me selected. That means they just found a loophole to overcome the rules just ignoring TRAI's new regulations/channel pricing norms. Confused

Thanks given by:
(08-17-2019, 05:05 PM)mohit84 Wrote: Cable operators are really inefficient in providing the services.. i like the DTH services.. although now it has become very expensive..
So , i find the broadcaster bouquet to be the best if you are selective ..

I do like the old system where i could get more channels for same price .
Don't go for cable TV. Even on cable TV rules are same you have to select the channels in a same way Confused
Thanks given by:
TRAI really messed up the pricing dynamics in the industry. In the name of consumer benefit they tilted the scale towards operators and big content corporates like Star, Sun, Zee. They are making bank with this model.

This will only further entrench these groups making it harder for newer incumbents to even get viewers eyeballs unless they are bog rich companies like Reliance.

Current model favors big companies vs scrappy upstarts and TRAI directly enables this - knowingly or unknowingly is left to your interpretation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Advertisement