Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Help Pakistan Tour of New Zealand 2010/2011 Cricket Series
Advertisement
Friends , Please post all news views and updates of Pakistan Tour of New Zealand Here.

Yousuf dropped; Kamran, Kaneria ignored

Pakistan cricket continues to go through a turbulent period as the national selectors on Tuesday dropped former captain and senior batman Mohammad Yousuf and ignored wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal and leg-spinner Danish Kaneria for the upcoming tour to New Zealand.

In another intriguing decision the selectors also ignored the performance of another former captain Shoaib Malik in the ongoing domestic season and did not select him in either squad.

"Right now we have announced the T20 and Test squads and the team for the one-day matches would be announced later on for the tour," a Pakistan Cricket Board official said.

The official clarified that the delay in announcing the ODI squad was because three T20 matches and two Tests would be played first.

However, he said that the decision to ignore Kamran, Kaneria, Malik and also seasoned opener Imran Farhat was linked to the PCB still awaiting clearance from the International Cricket Council (ICC).

"There are question marks over the behaviour of these players and their alleged ties with bookmakers and unless these suspicions are removed neither the ICC nor the PCB is keen to select them in the team," a well placed source revealed.

Kamran was dropped after the tour to England and not picked for the South Africa series, while Kaneria was named in the team for the Tests against South Africa in the UAE but stopped from joining the squad by the PCB at the last moment last month.

"There is a clear will to implement reforms in Pakistan cricket and do some cleaning up. That is why any player about whom there is even a little doubt is not being considered for selection. But the delay in announcing the ODI squad means the board is waiting for clearance from the ICC," the source said.

Interestingly Kamran and Malik have both been in prolific form in domestic cricket this season with the latter scoring three consecutive hundreds and taking wickets as well.

Unfortunately Mohammad Yousuf who had to return home from the UAE last month due to an injury without playing any Test against South Africa has also struggled in domestic cricket after his comeback and got two ducks in an ongoing match in Karachi.

Chief selector Mohsin Khan said the selectors had for the time being named only 14 players in the Test squad and could add one more if required for the New Zealand tour.

In another interesting decision the selectors have recalled Younis Khan to the T20 format of cricket although the senior batsman himself had decided to retire from the format last year after leading Pakistan to the World Cup title in 2009.

The selectors have also recalled left-arm pacer, Sohail Tanvir in both the squads as he has recovered well from a knee operation this year.

Three Pakistani players Salman Butt, Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif already remain suspended by the ICC for their alleged role in spot-fixing since September 2 and the hearing of their cases is in January in Doha.

Teams:

Pakistan T20 squad: Shahid Afridi (Capt), Mohammad Hafeez, Ahmed Shahzad, Younis Khan, Umar Akmal, Fawad Alam, Adnan Akmal, Saeed Ajmal, Abdul Rehman, Abdul Razzaq, Umar Gul, Shoaib Akhtar, Tanvir Ahmed, Sohail Tanvir, Wahab Riaz (subject to fitness).

Test squad: Misbah-ul-Haq (Capt), Muhammad Hafeez, Taufiq Umar, Asad Shafiq, Azhar Ali, Younis Khan, Umar Akmal, Adnan Akmal, Tanvir Ahmed, Sohail Tanvir, Wahab Riaz (subject to fitness), Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal, Abdul Rehman.

PTI

Thanks given by:
Advertisement

so much of cricekt being played around... Good for Cricket Lovers!!!
Manzoor added to Pak Test squad for the Kiwi tour

Pakistan on Thursday included young opener Khurrum Manzoor in its Test squad for the New Zealand tour, ending comeback hopes of senior duo of Mohammed Yousuf and Shoaib Malik.

Both Yousuf and Malik were not part of the original 14-man squad but chief selector Mohsin Khan had said one of them could join the squad later on, if required.

However, Thursday’s decision of giving that vacant spot to Manzoor has dashed the hopes of both Yousuf and Malik.

Manzoor, who last played for Pakistan in the Test series against Australia earlier this year, is presently touring West Indies with the Pakistan A team.

Manzoor inclusion means that the selectors, with the consent of the Cricket Board, have decided that Yousuf and Malik have no role to play in the national team at present.

PTI

Thanks given by:
It looks like, slowly old players are being thrown out and giving chance to/trying young players,keeping in mind the forthcoming world cup!!!!
PCB recalls Tanvir for New Zealand tour

Sohail Tanvir says that at one stage he feared a knee problem would have ended his flourishing cricket career.

Tanvir told PTI that he had serious doubts of ever playing cricket again after he underwent a major knee operation last year in Australia.

"I can't express the feelings at seeing my name back again in the Pakistan team. Because it has been a long and lonely journey for me to get back and recover from the knee injury," he said.

"Honestly speaking even after I had the operation I had lot of doubt whether I would be able to make a comeback. At one stage, it looked as if my cricket career was over as I was on crutches for two months and I could not walk without them.

But I worked hard because cricket has always been the biggest passion in my life," he added.

The left-arm pacer, who had won the best bowler award in the first edition of Indian Premier League while playing for Rajasthan Royals, said he had to put in a lot of hard work and effort to complete his rehabilitation process.

"When I started playing in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy and took a bagful of wickets and also scored runs I was very disappointed when the selectors did not play me in the series against South Africa.

"But now I feel it was a sensible and correct decision from them as it allowed me more time to complete my recovery," Tanvir said, adding the doctors had also advised him to avoid playing in the series held in UAE as the conditions were not conducive for bowlers.

Tanvir said it had been a very difficult period of over nine months for him since the knee operation.

"It is not easy for a professional sportsman to recover from a major injury. There is lot of pain and self doubt involved in this process. At times it's been a very lonely journey and difficult experience. Recovering from this serious injury has been a huge relief for me," he said.

The knee injury that surfaced late last year saw Tanvir losing a lucrative contract to play Twenty20 cricket in Australia for Victoria and also miss out on his Pakistan national team duty.

"Today I am more confident and I know I can do a lot for Pakistan cricket. This New Zealand tour is going to be a very important one for me. Because, eventually I want to perform to a level where the selectors pick me in the World Cup squad because playing in that tournament is my biggest ambition right now," he said.

He pointed out that playing domestic cricket had helped him gain back his confidence and bowling rhythm.

Tanvir's last appearance for Pakistan was in a Twenty20 international against New Zealand in Dubai in November 2009.

Thanks given by:
Pakistan vs New zealand 2010/2011 Cricket Series

Pakistan cricket tour of New zealand from December 2010 to February 2011 will have 3 T20, 2 test and 6 ODI matches, here is the full schedule and time table of the series.

Pakistan vs New Zealand Cricket Series 2010/2011:

Dec 26 Eden Park, Auckland
1st Twenty20

Dec 28 Seddon Park, Hamilton
2nd Twenty20

Dec 30 AMI Stadium, Christchurch
3rd Twenty20

Jan 7, 2011 Seddon Park, Hamilton
1st Test

Jan 15, 2011 Basin Reserve, Wellington
2nd Test

Jan 22, 2011 Westpac Stadium, Wellington
1st ODI

Jan 26, 2011 Queenstown Events Centre
2nd ODI

Jan 29, 2011 AMI Stadium, Christchurch
3rd ODI

Feb 1, 2011 McLean Park, Napier
4th ODI

Feb 3, 2011 Seddon Park, Hamilton
5th ODI

Feb 5, 2011 Eden Park, Auckland
6th ODI

The first cricket match will be played on Dec 26 in Eden Park, Auckland which will be T20 and last match of the tour will also be played in Eden Park, Auckland on Feb 5 which will be ODI match.

:happy:IF YOU LIKE THEN DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THANKS
Thanks given by:

Pakistan team leaves for Newzealand tour sans Afridi and 4 others!!!

Karachi, Dec 18 (PTI) Pakistan cricket team sans its captain Shahid Afridi and four other senior players, Younis Khan, Umar Gul, Shoaib Akhtar and Abdul Razzaq, has left for Auckland on a 40-day tour of New Zealand

Afridi and the other four players, who did not board the flight to New Zealand on Friday night along with the rest of the squad, have been permitted by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to go to Malaysia for a World Cup related commercial shoot and they will join the team in Hong Kong on way to Auckland.

This tour of New Zealand, where Pakistan would play three T20 matches, two Tests and six ODIs, would be their final opportunity to prepare themselves for upcoming 2011 World Cup, as it is their last international outing before the mega-event to be held from February 19.
Ptinews
Pakistan underlines its focus on arrival in New Zealand

The Pakistan cricket team arrived in New Zealand on Sunday determined to focus on the game and reluctant to talk about the corruption accusations swirling around the team.Pakistan will play three Twenty20 matches followed by a Test and One-Day International series against New Zealand over the next seven weeks in a final build-up to the ICC Cricket World Cup starting in India on 19 February.Team manager Intikhab Alam said the players on the New Zealand tour had been made aware of the standards expected of them."Everybody's been briefed, everybody's very clear in their minds what is expected from management, what is expected from the players as well. I have no doubt in my mind we cannot afford any more such unfortunate incidents," he said.

"They understand what we expect from them, what the country expects from them, what the board expects from them."Pakistan arrived on the back of drawing two Tests and narrowly losing a one-day series 2-3 against South Africa while New Zealand are in one of their worst-ever slumps, having lost their last 11 one-day matches -- four against Bangladesh and five against India."South Africa's probably one of the best teams at the moment, so it was a morale booster after all that we went through," coach Waqar Younis said.

Younis said that given New Zealand's recent record, Pakistani supporters would expect his side to do well although he expected New Zealand to be much tougher at home than they were were on the sub-continent."It's always been a tough time for them on the subcontinent and this time they didn't really play the best of their cricket," he said."This is an opportunity for us also but we don't really want to forget that New Zealand in their own country, they are a very fine side. We've got to make sure we do the basics right and try to win the maximum we can."

Pakistan plays the first of the three Twenty20 matches against New Zealand in Auckland on 26 December before playing two Tests and six One-dayers.

:happy:IF YOU LIKE THEN DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THANKS
Thanks given by:

Corruption spectre hangs over NZ-Pak series

Wellington, Dec 24 (AFP) New Zealand face Pakistan in a Twenty20 international at Auckland's Eden Park on Sunday to launch a series set to be overshadowed by corruption claims swirling around the visiting team.

Pakistan boasts the better form going into the series -- which features three Twenty20 matches, two Tests and six one-dayers -- after drawing two Tests and narrowly losing a one-day series 2-3 against South Africa.

New Zealand, meanwhile, are aiming to rebuild under new coach John Wright after losing their last 11 one-day matches -- including series whitewashes against Bangladesh and India.

But the match-fixing allegations against Pakistan trio Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Aamer -- who are all suspended and not on the New Zealand tour -- is likely divert attention from the on-field rivalry.
PTinews
Pak/Nz - 1st T20

Newzealand won the toss and elected to field:

Score:
Pakistan 95/7 in 14.4 overs

Umur Gul 17*
Wahab Riaz 4*

Batsmen out:

M hafeez 24
S afreedi 20
S Ahmed 14
Y Khan 2
U Akmal 0
F Alam 9
A Razaq 1

Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 - News/match updates/Results nairrk 92 2,047 07-15-2019, 07:13 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Yuvraj Singh announces retirement from all forms of cricket nairrk 0 327 06-10-2019, 06:15 PM
  Update: Australia tour of India 2019 - News, Schedule & Score updates nairrk 15 1,167 03-14-2019, 07:17 AM
  Update: India tour of New Zealand, 2019 - Schedule/news & match updates nairrk 14 1,071 02-10-2019, 06:33 PM
  Update: India tour of Australia, 2018-19 - News/match updates nairrk 45 2,187 01-18-2019, 06:22 PM
  General News: Australia's limited-overs tour of India to start on February 24 nairrk 0 520 01-10-2019, 01:06 PM
  Update: India tour of Australia 2018-19 - News/ Match updates nairrk 19 1,045 12-10-2018, 12:16 PM
  Update: West Indies tour of India - News/score updates nairrk 44 2,335 11-12-2018, 06:59 AM
  General News: Indian Team for Australian Test series announced nairrk 1 589 10-27-2018, 07:29 AM
  Update: India tour of England 2018 - Match schedule & score updates nairrk 48 3,047 09-12-2018, 07:01 AM