Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.8 Average
Help Saina backs Sachin for Bharat Ratna
Advertisement
Information 

India's No. 1 badminton player Saina Nehwal has backed India's chief run-getter Sachin Tendulkar for being bestowed with the Bharat Ratna award. Nehwal speicified that Tendulkar was an iconic batsmen and the most deserving sportsperson to receive India's most pretigious civilian award.

Buzz up!"Sachin is the best and he is capable of doing the impossible. He is getting younger with age and at his peak now I think he will keep playing for many more years. He deserves to get the Bharat Ratna," Saina told leading news agency. "I am sure he will break many more records in future and become the most famous legend ever."

Saina's throwing her weight behind Tendulkar for being conferred the award, comes after Congress MP Rajiv Shukla, who also belongs to the top brass of the Board for Control of Cricket in India (BCCI),‏ first raised the suggestion. Shukla's recommendation came in reaction of Tendulkar notching up his 50th Test century, during the ongoing series in South Africa.

Saina added that she draws immense inspiration from Tendulkar and hopes to reach his stature and emulate his level of achievement someday.

"I''m just a kid in front of him. But I want to do well in my field and may be in another 10-11 years, if I can win enough tournaments, I too might someday hope to win the prestigious award ," she said.

http://thatscricket.oneindia.in/news/201...ratna.html
Advertisement

Anand backs Bharat Ratna demand for Tendulkar

Greater Noida, Dec 23 (PTI) World Chess Champion Viswanathan Anand today joined the growing list of top athletes supporting the demand that iconic batsman Sachin Tendulkar be conferred the Bharat Ratna -- the highest civilian honour in India.

When asked whether Tendulkar, who recently hit his 50th Test century, deserves to be awarded the Bharat Ratna, Anand said, "Sure, he has done a great job."

"Especially the form our guys are showing should be great for the World Cup. It is not even that the team is depending on one guy, three-four guys are doing well, and hopefully we will pick the World Cup next year. He (Sachin) has been doing a great job," Anand told PTI.

Tendulkar had slammed his 50th Test century in the second innings against South Africa in the first cricket Test in Centurion last Sunday.
Ptinews

'Sachin deserves Bharat Ratna': Sportspersons

New Delhi, Dec 24 (PTI) Describing Sachin Tendulkar as worthy recipient of the Bharat Ratna award, sportspersons from different disciplines lend their voice to confer the iconic batsman with the country's highest civilian honour.

"It is the government that has to decide whether he (Tendulkar) should be given the award or not but as far as I am concerned, he definitely deserves the accolades. He has made every Indian proud," said ace shooter and Commonwealth Games gold medallist Gagan Narang.

"Sachin is playing since the time when many of the current generation Indian cricket players were not even born and still his hunger for runs has not diminished, which is quite remarkable," the shooter added.

Star boxer Vijender Singh who won the gold medal at last month's Asian Games at Guangzhou, China said, "Players like Sachin are born once in a millennium. His game has improved with age.
Ptinews
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Saina Nehwal, Kidambi Srikanth climb up in badminton rankings nairrk 0 725 09-02-2017, 08:58 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Winners of Khel Ratna, Arjuna, Dronacharya, Dhyan Chand awards announced nairrk 0 634 08-22-2017, 07:00 PM
  General News: Virender Sehwag, PT Usha named in 12-member Khel Ratna, Arjuna Award committee nairrk 0 739 07-28-2017, 07:46 AM
  General News: Ravi Shastri Gets His Way, Bharat Arun to Join Team India as Bowling Coach nairrk 0 746 07-16-2017, 02:51 PM
  Update: Badminton world rankings: Saina drops 4 places to 9th spot, Sindhu remains 10th nairrk 0 542 08-26-2016, 12:16 PM
  General News: New Sachin range of cricket gear to hit stores by October rahul1117_kumar 0 636 07-12-2016, 09:38 PM
Last Post: rahul1117_kumar
  General News: Sachin Tendulkar inducted into Laureus Sports Academy nairrk 0 996 04-16-2015, 08:58 AM
  Sachin retires from One Day Internationals samanth 5 2,396 12-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Last Post: waytobala
  Greatest quotes on Sachin Tendulkar Sathish 2 5,141 10-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Last Post: abhishek63
  Help: Dravid nominated for Khel Ratna, Yuvraj Singh for Arjuna Award. nairrk 0 1,044 07-08-2012, 08:16 AM