Advertisement


Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Help  Telecom Subscriber Base Reaches 723.28 million as on 30 Sep
Advertisement
#1
In a recent release, TRAI has revealed the telecom subscriber base data as on 30th September,2010. Telecom subscriber base in India reaches to 723.28 million ,taking teledensity to 60.99 . Total 16.99 million customers have been added by telecom operators and the subscription growth rate has been 2.39 % over the subscriber base of 706.37 million in the month of Aug,2010.

Wireless Subscription Base :

Wireless subscription increased from 670.6 mn in August to 687.71 mn thus registering a growth of 2.55 % Though the wireless subscription has reached to 687.71 mn but number of active subscribers in VLR (visitor location register) is 482.89 mn (this figure excludes BSNL CDMA numbers as operator did not provide the data for this). Thus out of total wireless subscription around 70 % number are active and remaining 30 % are in inactive state i.e number has been sold but not in use currently.

In wireless prepaid category there is nothing like surrender of connection as it happens in postpaid cases. Thus the virtually surrendered numbers do not get reflected and the numbers once sold ,permanently get reflected in subscriber base.

BSNL has added more than any other operator in wireless category.

Wireline Subscriber base:

Wireline subscription has declined from 35.77 million in August,2010 to 35.57 million as on Sep,2010. Though the wireline subscription base is declining but private wireline operators landline base is increasing and the actually it’s only PSU operators which are losing numbers in this category.

Broadband Subscriber base has reached to 10.29 million from 10.08 million in previous month.

Reply
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
#2
yes indeed, good growth in telecom sector!!
(unable find even a small kid,without mobile phone nowadays!!!!)
___________________________________________
Airtel Digital HD Recorder / Kerala Vision Digital TV
Reply
Thanks given by:
Advertisement




Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: COAI subscriber data: Airtel retains top rank nairrk 0 764 01-05-2018, 12:00 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Telecom subscriber base dips in October nairrk 0 625 12-13-2017, 01:05 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Tata Tele outperforms Reliance Jio by adding close to 5 million new users nairrk 0 770 11-10-2017, 07:10 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Total wired broadband sub base stands at 18.11 million in Aug nairrk 0 630 11-09-2017, 06:32 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  Update: Will not cut mobile connection over Aadhaar: Department of Telecom nairrk 0 662 11-08-2017, 06:43 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Telecom department to make re-verification of mobile nos with Aadhaar easier nairrk 0 721 11-06-2017, 07:46 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Reliance Jio customer data leaked: Information of 120 million customers compromised nairrk 0 717 07-10-2017, 07:31 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: India’s internet user base increased by 60 million in 2016: TRAI nairrk 0 712 07-05-2017, 01:01 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Subscriber base of landline down 4%, wireless up 11.5% in 2016 nairrk 0 552 07-04-2017, 08:49 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Telecom subscriber base increased to 1.18 billion in February 2017: TRAI nairrk 0 640 05-01-2017, 09:18 AM
Last Post: nairrk

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Advertisement