Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
I&B Ministry looks for effective communications in NE
Advertisement

Guwahati, July 13 (IBNS) : The Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) will specially focus on the North-Eastern regions of India to define the road map for more effective communication platforms in future for the region, said I&B Minister Ambika Soni here on Tuesday.

Soni was here to attend All India Editors Conference on Social & Infrastructure Issues in the North Eastern Region.

"The Ministry is planning to focus on quality programming to reach out to the remote areas of the region," said Soni.

“In last couple of months, structured debates have been initiated to provide key inputs on the issue of content regulation involving key stakeholders. It was critical to be sensitive to the viewer, while attempting to balance between self-regulation and co-regulation. While huge investments had been made in the social sector by the government, it was imperative for the ministry to spread awareness through innovative communication methods,” Soni added.

The Ministry has already sanctioned Rs 250 crores, which will be utilized for the television channels and used for upgrading infrastructure, set up new channels, transmitters as the digital platforms in the region.

“The Ministry has proposed to establish a regional centre of Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) in Mizoram, which will enable the Northeastern region to become the new ‘Information Hub’ for journalistic excellence,” Union I&B minister said.

For Doordarshan, the Ministry will promote free to Air DTH Service of ‘DD Direct Plus’ by distributing 25,000 DTH receiver systems through nodal officers, appointed by the state government.

Ministry will be upgrading the satellite earth stations in Kohima, Imphal, Itanagar, Agartala and Gangtok as 2+1 systems and replace D-9 cameras with tapeless editing technology.

Soni further said, “The Ministry has allocated Rs.25 crores to Doordarshan during the year 2010-11.”

Source: Indiablooms.com

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Discovery-like Doordarshan channel recommended to environment ministry nairrk 0 1,213 10-21-2017, 07:41 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: I & B Ministry banned 73 channels, 9 Publications & 24 FM channels in recent years THAKUR 4K 0 624 08-12-2016, 06:23 PM
Last Post: THAKUR 4K
  Help: Rs 100 cr proposal for DD international channel sent to Plan panel: I&B ministry Sathish 0 922 05-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Sathish
  Help: I&B Ministry proposes amendments to curtail Prasar Bharati CEO Sathish 0 1,175 10-01-2011, 12:15 PM
  Help: 75 new television channels cleared by I&B ministry Sathish 2 2,585 05-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Last Post: neeteshgupta
  Help: TRAI, ministry split on qualifying criteria for TV channel owners Sathish 1 1,662 03-04-2011, 11:09 AM
  DTH News: Idiot box? HRD ministry eyes 24x7 education channel Sathish 0 996 01-17-2011, 11:21 AM
  Help: Local TV news more effective: Study Mr.Bhat 0 1,117 12-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Mr.Bhat
  Ministry forms expert panel to examine TRPs Sathish 1 1,076 05-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Rdev
  I&B Ministry starts tracking system for TV channel applications Sathish 2 1,535 01-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Mr.Bhat