Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
I don't want to take any sides: Kamal Haasan
Advertisement
Mumbai: South Indian legend Kamal Haasan dares to re-release his film, Dashavataram, at the time when producers are out on strike, even at the risk of inviting the ire of good friend Aamir Khan who's leading the producers' strike. Kamal says "My film's release has been long overdue. We have been waiting for the past four months and looking for a good break. We don't want to make it any longer and we don't want to take any sides."

When reminded that his good friend Aamir is spearheading the fight against the multiplexes, he simply brushes it off. "I think they will come to a conclusion. It's just a matter of another good conversation and things will be fine. I don't know much about the multiplex issue because back home we don't have too many of them."

Kamal is rather concerned about another issue, the hype surrounding Slumdog Millionaire after it bagged the Oscars. He questions, "Why are we so excited? Why are we getting our quality judged by ASI and not ISI? Why should our beauty be decided by Americans? My Mahabharata is not going to be judged by Greeks as their stories will be Greek to me. We Indians have a style and it's not about dancing all the time. They (Hollywood) like to cram us into being a dancing community who only know how to make a song and dance. We are probably 25 to 30 years old, but we still have our flavour and it need not or cannot be judged by people who don't know about it!"

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Kamal Haasan's Sabash Naidu is Not Shelved nairrk 0 803 07-16-2017, 09:33 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  Breaking News: SIIMA Awards 2016: Mahesh Babu, Allu Arjun, Shruti Haasan, Baahubali bag major awards rahul1117_kumar 0 835 07-01-2016, 12:09 AM
Last Post: rahul1117_kumar
  Help: High Drama over 'Viswaroopam" release, Kamal threatens exiling himself. nairrk 0 1,491 01-31-2013, 09:34 AM
  Help: Kamal Haasan defends violence in Tamil Cinema.!!! nairrk 0 1,025 11-20-2010, 06:22 PM
  Breaking News: Kamal Haasan Turns Lyricist And Playback Singer For ‘Manmadhan Ambu’ Mr.Bhat 0 1,553 11-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Mr.Bhat
  Shruti composing music for Kamal's remake of 'A Wednesday' Sathish 0 953 05-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Sathish
  Kamal’s new movie Thalaivan Irukkiraan Sathish 2 2,593 04-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Tamilan
  Fiza to play lead role in Kamal Khan's Deshdrohi II Sathish 0 1,047 04-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sathish